DAMN THE ATHEIST

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 06:04 PM
RE: DAMN THE ATHEIST
(19-01-2015 09:42 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 09:38 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I've never understood the idea of "why don't atheists kill themselves since there's nothing else." Um... most theists believe in an afterlife, so they'd be more likely to do it. Right?

Not only do they believe, they desire it. You'd think they would be in a hurry to get there.

That's always fascinated me. In the hospital I've seen that believers and their families cling to life no less than non-believers. You WOULD think they'd be in a hurry to get to heaven. I wonder what they REALLY actually believe, or are they just conditioned to spout some junk and don't even know what they're saying.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-01-2015, 06:53 PM
(20-01-2015 06:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 09:42 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Not only do they believe, they desire it. You'd think they would be in a hurry to get there.

That's always fascinated me. In the hospital I've seen that believers and their families cling to life no less than non-believers. You WOULD think they'd be in a hurry to get to heaven. I wonder what they REALLY actually believe, or are they just conditioned to spout some junk and don't even know what they're saying.

My mother in law was a nurse for many years, she has always said the more religous, the more drama on the death bed...you would think they would be giddy with excitement to meet their maker... ...odd

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
20-01-2015, 07:27 PM
(20-01-2015 06:53 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 06:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's always fascinated me. In the hospital I've seen that believers and their families cling to life no less than non-believers. You WOULD think they'd be in a hurry to get to heaven. I wonder what they REALLY actually believe, or are they just conditioned to spout some junk and don't even know what they're saying.

My mother in law was a nurse for many years, she has always said the more religous, the more drama on the death bed...you would think they would be giddy with excitement to meet their maker... ...odd

very

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-01-2015, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2015 02:25 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(19-01-2015 03:29 PM)laijorad Wrote:  
Atheists are dumb & stubborn . They proudly deny God's existence as if they have been all over the universe and have not found him, They say where is he? Why can't we see him?
What is the point of staying in earth and going through all this if we could see god. If we could see god, it would be hard even to breath let alone to move. We will surly die out of fear, God is great.
Follow the link to continue reading [Link Removed]=

[Image: Are-You-A-Cry-Baby.jpg]

[Image: cry-some-more-o.gif]

[Image: keep-calm-and-cry-some-more.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-01-2015, 02:31 AM
(20-01-2015 06:53 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 06:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's always fascinated me. In the hospital I've seen that believers and their families cling to life no less than non-believers. You WOULD think they'd be in a hurry to get to heaven. I wonder what they REALLY actually believe, or are they just conditioned to spout some junk and don't even know what they're saying.

Belief in the afterlife is coping mechanism, and not even a good one at that. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-01-2015, 04:24 AM
(21-01-2015 02:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 06:53 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  My mother in law was a nurse for many years, she has always said the more religous, the more drama on the death bed...you would think they would be giddy with excitement to meet their maker... ...odd

Belief in the afterlife is coping mechanism, and not even a good one at that. Drinking Beverage

I would bet its an evolutionary trait. Remember back in the olden days when a T-Rex could make man into a meal at any moment. Hobo

Who wants to think after the T-Rex consumes you that your entire life will end up as a steaming pile of dung. Convince the masses there's something afer life.

Self delusion is evolutions natural Prozac.

[+] 2 users Like H4ym4n's post
21-01-2015, 04:57 AM
(21-01-2015 04:24 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  
(21-01-2015 02:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Belief in the afterlife is coping mechanism, and not even a good one at that. Drinking Beverage

I would bet its an evolutionary trait. Remember back in the olden days when a T-Rex could make man into a meal at any moment. Hobo

Who wants to think after the T-Rex consumes you that your entire life will end up as a steaming pile of dung. Convince the masses there's something afer life.

[Image: shit.jpg]

Tongue

21-01-2015, 05:18 AM
(21-01-2015 04:24 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  
(21-01-2015 02:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Belief in the afterlife is coping mechanism, and not even a good one at that. Drinking Beverage

Well given that humans and T-rexes were quite a long time apart (to understate it)....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-01-2015, 05:40 AM
(21-01-2015 04:57 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-01-2015 04:24 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  I would bet its an evolutionary trait. Remember back in the olden days when a T-Rex could make man into a meal at any moment. Hobo

[Image: shit.jpg]

Tongue

Dig around. There's a cell phone in there somewhere.
21-01-2015, 05:42 AM
(21-01-2015 05:18 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-01-2015 04:24 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  I would bet its an evolutionary trait. Remember back in the olden days when a T-Rex could make man into a meal at any moment. Hobo

Well given that humans and T-rexes were quite a long time apart (to understate it)....

Nu uh!