DC Law To Reward Breeders

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2015, 03:27 PM
DC Law To Reward Breeders
http://www.care2.com/causes/d-c-could-pa...e-law.html

Let's face it --- "Go Forth And Multiply" is just a BIT outdated.....

WHY - when we have 8 BILLION people on the planet - are we rewarding people for HAVING MORE KIDS???

If you want kids -- nobody's stopping you. Have at it. Have a dozen if you like.

But --- YOU pay for it.

We might as well pay puppy mills for breeding more puppies.

It makes just as much sense.

Estimates vary - but according to anything you Google -- it costs between $250,000 and $300,000 to raise a kid to age 18. (I contend you could double that, and not be close) --- so start saving your pennies. It's up to YOU to pay for it.

(and yes - I'm talking about both the moms and the dads)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2015, 03:35 PM
RE: DC Law To Reward Breeders
(11-10-2015 03:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  http://www.care2.com/causes/d-c-could-pa...e-law.html

WHY - when we have 8 BILLION people on the planet - are we rewarding people for HAVING MORE KIDS???

If you want kids -- nobody's stopping you. Have at it. Have a dozen if you like.

But --- YOU pay for it.

Estimates vary - but according to anything you Google -- it costs between $250,000 and $300,000 to raise a kid to age 18. (I contend you could double that, and not be close) --- so start saving your pennies. It's up to YOU to pay for it.

Good for DC it's about time the US tries to act like a first world nation. If only we could get rid of the guns and get single payer health care maybe we could join the rest of the west in the 21st century.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Jeez OB, that was a decent article. By adopting the bill you're improving the quality of brats you produce, not the quantity.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
11-10-2015, 04:16 PM
(11-10-2015 03:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  Jeez OB, that was a decent article. By adopting the bill you're improving the quality of brats you produce, not the quantity.

And you want to reward people for having children WHY???

If having children enhances your life - nobody's telling you otherwise.

No one wants to punish people for having kids - but we should NOT be in the "procreation business".

It's an outdated concept -- promoted by every religion as a way to "out breed the other guy".

We don't need it anymore - it's simply clung to like many other outdated principals -- like shaming unwed mothers......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-10-2015, 04:17 PM
(11-10-2015 03:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 03:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  http://www.care2.com/causes/d-c-could-pa...e-law.html

But --- YOU pay for it.

Good for DC it's about time the US tries to act like a first world nation. If only we could get rid of the guns and get single payer health care maybe we could join the rest of the west in the 21st century.

And if you'd stay on subject and not bring up your pet debates -- we'd get somewhere..

But, you won't....

(One might even trying to inject guns into the thread "Trolling"..... funny, that)...

..|./

11-10-2015, 04:32 PM
(11-10-2015 04:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 03:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Good for DC it's about time the US tries to act like a first world nation. If only we could get rid of the guns and get single payer health care maybe we could join the rest of the west in the 21st century.

And if you'd stay on subject and not bring up your pet debates -- we'd get somewhere..

But, you won't....

(One might even trying to inject guns into the thread "Trolling"..... funny, that)...

..|./

That you are too dense to educate yourself on this issue is of no surprise. Giving parents leave when they have a child improves quality of life across the board and is an investment worth making.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-10-2015, 04:42 PM
I don't have an issue with this except for one thing.

What about people who need to use FMLA but aren't having a baby? What if they must care for a family member? A job is held for them but they aren't paid.

When I was out, if I would have had short or long term insurance, I could have brought in some money.

Either make it so everyone who needs time off for a family medical situation, maternity/paternity, or a personal health issue can continue to bring in some income...either everyone gets the same benefit or no one gets it. In the latter case, make maternity leave an optional insurance coverage.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
11-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Heaven forbid we use tax money to assist with the well being of future productive citizens. Dodgy I guess we should all wait until we're 40 and the risk of genetic disorders and risk to the mother sky rockets.

It would have been great to have some help when my son was born. I was in nursing school, had three weeks off, and was back to school and taking care of patients/studying for tests before I was even recovered (I wasn't physically capable of changing a diaper the first two weeks). My husband had to file for FMLA and take the unpaid leave. Our income was less than $30K a year. We couldn't afford the formula that he needed and I was too sick to breast feed - my family helped pay for it. We still haven't caught up from the financial burden of it all.

If it weren't for help from my family, I would have never finished school effectively decreasing our income - hell, even with my current income I can't afford to give my son the resources he needs for school (he's incredibly bright and I can't afford $17K tuition/year not do I want to move him ahead two grades).

*Not everyone has family resources.*Not every mother has a spouse with an income. You can do the coulda shoulda woulda had an abortion argument, but the fact remains there's now a child. (Not to mention having access to an abortion is damn near laughable for my region thanks to the same goddamn political party that doesn't want to use tax money to assist those children). That child is going to either grow up and be a productive citizen or a burden upon society.

If we give parents the resources to take care of their children, then the likelihood of the kiddos becoming well adjusted adults is much higher. Last time I checked, drop out rates were much higher in impoverished neighborhoods than your upper middle class neighborhoods. I mean, with mom working multiple jobs struggling to make ends meet and dad either working or not in the picture, who's watching junior?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 7 users Like Nurse's post
11-10-2015, 04:48 PM
(11-10-2015 04:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 03:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  Jeez OB, that was a decent article. By adopting the bill you're improving the quality of brats you produce, not the quantity.

And you want to reward people for having children WHY???

No one wants to punish people for having kids - but we should NOT be in the "procreation business".

It's not rewarding the parents for having kids, it's assisting the *child* i.e. future productive citizen.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
11-10-2015, 04:51 PM
(11-10-2015 04:48 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 04:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And you want to reward people for having children WHY???

It's not rewarding the parents for having kids, it's assisting the *child* i.e. future productive citizen.

No, what you don't understand is that we already have lots of humans and don't need to make any more for a while. After all, with all those 8 billion, we don't need to keep making, and then supporting, more of them. It's absurd to suggest! I mean, with all those billions clamouring to get into the US, you don't need to make new people to support the nation's future economy.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post