DC Law To Reward Breeders

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2015, 03:35 AM
RE: DC Law To Reward Breeders
(11-10-2015 07:02 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  While we're at it, we should take away veterans' benefits. We shouldn't be rewarding people for risking their lives for the glory of $2 car magnet manufacturers. Should we really be paying for the medical care and therapy for returning human shields just becaused they stepped on a landmine? Why should I pay for it? They should be pulling themselves up by the straps of their leg-knubs. Or, if overpopulation is really a concern, just take them out behind the chow hall and grind them into Salisbury steak for the new recruits. Waste not, be efficient.

Why should you pay for a service member's injuries?

Because they were incurred at your behest.

We (the country - via whatever derange leaders we elect) rose up an army and sent it off to do "our" will.

You pay for what you ask for.

I don't recall anyone asking anyone to have kids for us.

There's no shortage.

See the difference???

Consider

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2015, 03:42 AM
(12-10-2015 03:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 07:02 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  While we're at it, we should take away veterans' benefits. We shouldn't be rewarding people for risking their lives for the glory of $2 car magnet manufacturers. Should we really be paying for the medical care and therapy for returning human shields just becaused they stepped on a landmine? Why should I pay for it? They should be pulling themselves up by the straps of their leg-knubs. Or, if overpopulation is really a concern, just take them out behind the chow hall and grind them into Salisbury steak for the new recruits. Waste not, be efficient.

Why should you pay for a service member's injuries?

I don't know about anybody else here, but I've never ordered a soldier go out and be wounded...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-10-2015, 03:47 AM
(12-10-2015 03:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 03:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Why should you pay for a service member's injuries?

I don't know about anybody else here, but I've never ordered a soldier go out and be wounded...

True -- I qualified the statement with the "via whatever deranged leaders we elect".........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-10-2015, 04:00 AM
(12-10-2015 03:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 12:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ All of what you said is true, none of it pertains to the article in your OP. The bill doesn't encourage people to have kids.

People are encouraged to do all sorts of things for "free money"-- including having kids.

If a person/couple is borderline of affording the cost of having a kid -- offering them money to take the time off to do it is a hell of an incentive.

Can you afford a kid or not??? There's the question...

If you have to get everyone else to kick in on your little venture -- the answer's probably "not"....

They are not being offered money to have the kid. A kid costs a hell of a lot more than the piddling amount of money that is gonna be spent to allow the parents leave at the time of birth. You seem to think that people will pump out kids for the maternity benefits Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-10-2015, 05:19 AM
(11-10-2015 03:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  http://www.care2.com/causes/d-c-could-pa...e-law.html

Let's face it --- "Go Forth And Multiply" is just a BIT outdated.....

WHY - when we have 8 BILLION people on the planet - are we rewarding people for HAVING MORE KIDS???

If you want kids -- nobody's stopping you. Have at it. Have a dozen if you like.

But --- YOU pay for it.

We might as well pay puppy mills for breeding more puppies.

It makes just as much sense.

Estimates vary - but according to anything you Google -- it costs between $250,000 and $300,000 to raise a kid to age 18. (I contend you could double that, and not be close) --- so start saving your pennies. It's up to YOU to pay for it.

(and yes - I'm talking about both the moms and the dads)

ok, I'm not following your point so maybe you can help me out. They are offering paid leave for ~4 months. That's not paying to raise your kids and that's not offsetting the ~$300,000 or so it costs to raise them. What am I missing here?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
12-10-2015, 05:22 AM
(12-10-2015 04:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 03:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  People are encouraged to do all sorts of things for "free money"-- including having kids.

If a person/couple is borderline of affording the cost of having a kid -- offering them money to take the time off to do it is a hell of an incentive.

Can you afford a kid or not??? There's the question...

If you have to get everyone else to kick in on your little venture -- the answer's probably "not"....

They are not being offered money to have the kid. A kid costs a hell of a lot more than the piddling amount of money that is gonna be spent to allow the parents leave at the time of birth. You seem to think that people will pump out kids for the maternity benefits Rolleyes

They might NOT pop out a kid if they know they're going to have to go a few months without pay.

I'd be very happy to hear your ideas for population control.

I'd be happy to hear ANYONE's ideas for population control. Good ideas are hard to come by -- even more so when the ideas go against entrenched convention.

But - you're lying to yourself if you don't see the problem -- and some day, those kids are going to have to pay the price.

12-10-2015, 05:27 AM
So, the argument is people will have more kids if they can have 16 weeks off and those kids will have some kind of bad childhood because of it?

Really?

Sorry, I don't see it.

12-10-2015, 05:43 AM
(12-10-2015 05:27 AM)BnW Wrote:  So, the argument is people will have more kids if they can have 16 weeks off and those kids will have some kind of bad childhood because of it?

Really?

Sorry, I don't see it.

First -- a baseline.

Do you believe the overpopulation is a problem?

If not - we will never come to any agreement.

12-10-2015, 05:50 AM
For the sake of discussion, let's say I think it is a problem. I still don't see how this has any impact.

Before you answer, consider this: the policy in question here is very common in Europe. And, recently, this article appeared in The Guardian: Europe needs many more babies

And, last May it was announced that Germany has the world's lowest birthrates.

So, Europe makes it pretty tough to argue that giving paid childcare leave for a few months is an incentive for people to run out and procreate.

[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
12-10-2015, 05:55 AM
(11-10-2015 03:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  WHY - when we have 8 BILLION people on the planet - are we rewarding people for HAVING MORE KIDS???

It's not really a "reward" in full context.

If you're going to look at kids as purely a transaction-based endeavor (and take out of the equation stuff like love), the benefit the parents get from this law plus any tax credits will be completely offset by the actual costs of having and raising a kid.

It's still a net loss financially, so I don't see how this can be considered a "reward". If this law passes, I'm not going out to reverse my vasectomy. I doubt many people will start deliberately having kids when they otherwise wouldn't have.