DC Law To Reward Breeders

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: DC Law To Reward Breeders
Well, for most of the history of humanity, not having kids was selfish. That has only changed recently. And, I feel pretty confident that the world's over population problems won't be exacerbated because of paid leave for parents in countries that already can't generate a replacement population for the people they have.

Your barking up the wrong tree on this issue. A policy in DC is going to have zero impact the worldwide population issues.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2015, 03:20 PM
(12-10-2015 10:37 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 07:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  I also apologise to this random dickhead who's "calling me out for my offensive behaviour". Sorry I made you feel uncomfortable.

So, why is that statement in quotes? That's what I really want to know.

Rolleyes 'Cos I like quotes and I think you're a prat. For purposes of your further education I will explain. I went after Biker because I was deliberately being agressive. I insulted him not as an ad hom (look it up FFS) but because I thought he was being fucktarded. Which I still do. Biker is a big boy and is not gonna run home crying because some dickhead (moi) called him names on a forum. Dickhead A and Dickhead B understand each other. Dickhead C with his fussing over language is getting in the way of dickheads A and B having a good old-fashioned barney. Savvy?

IOW twits who go on about how fucking rude I am get on ma tits.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-10-2015, 04:37 PM
(12-10-2015 08:23 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 04:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't have an issue with this except for one thing.

What about people who need to use FMLA but aren't having a baby? What if they must care for a family member? A job is held for them but they aren't paid.

When I was out, if I would have had short or long term insurance, I could have brought in some money.

Either make it so everyone who needs time off for a family medical situation, maternity/paternity, or a personal health issue can continue to bring in some income...either everyone gets the same benefit or no one gets it. In the latter case, make maternity leave an optional insurance coverage.

Well, to be honest, first usually comes the babies and then people think about aging mom and dad. As the boomers age, something will happen (I'm pretty sure).

Then you'll have the people complaining who don't have living parents -- why should they have to pay....Facepalm

The young can also be struck with illness or injury requiring care. You don't have to be a geezer like me. A lot can happen in the years between babies and being elderly. What about the parent of a child who is injured or ill and needs care...let's say a teen involved in an accident or sports injury or illness who needs care? The parent can take FMLA but will also lose their salary during that time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-10-2015, 05:00 PM
(12-10-2015 04:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 08:23 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, to be honest, first usually comes the babies and then people think about aging mom and dad. As the boomers age, something will happen (I'm pretty sure).

Then you'll have the people complaining who don't have living parents -- why should they have to pay....Facepalm

The young can also be struck with illness or injury requiring care. You don't have to be a geezer like me. A lot can happen in the years between babies and being elderly. What about the parent of a child who is injured or ill and needs care...let's say a teen involved in an accident or sports injury or illness who needs care? The parent can take FMLA but will also lose their salary during that time.

Did you see the link that Girly posted? They do cover other stuff than just baby leave.

I could get behind that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-10-2015, 05:01 PM
(12-10-2015 05:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 04:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The young can also be struck with illness or injury requiring care. You don't have to be a geezer like me. A lot can happen in the years between babies and being elderly. What about the parent of a child who is injured or ill and needs care...let's say a teen involved in an accident or sports injury or illness who needs care? The parent can take FMLA but will also lose their salary during that time.

Did you see the link that Girly posted? They do cover other stuff than just baby leave.

I could get behind that.

If it's fair and not restricted to pregnancy, I am behind it. My issue, as I stated a while back, is offering this to such a select group.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-10-2015, 02:03 AM
(12-10-2015 10:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  Too many people who cannot afford kids are giving birth at an alarming rate. I do have a beef with that. Globally.

It's a very messy topic, and everyone has some sort of horse in this race.

I would say that this topic is messy only thanks to thinking that having children is someone right. But those who are vocal about such right aren't so vocal about fate of children already born; for them concepts are worth more than real beings. It's very "pro-life" attitude.

I say that those who don't have cash and/or work aren't fit to have children and I'm called nazi. No one though is thinking about fate of said children only about "rights" of would be parents to reproduce. But I expect nothing more from people brainwashed by catholic church.

For me it's easy - you don't have right to have children, it is children who have right to not grow in poverty, to have at least decent childhood.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.