• 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2012, 07:34 AM
DC's new gay character is...
Green Lantern

You can read about it here.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2012, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 10:09 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: DC's new gay character is...
Yet more proof :

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
01-06-2012, 09:30 AM
One Million Moms are gonna have a field day.
I'm actually annoyed that DC is making such a big deal about it. The comics are going to spend all this extra time talking about how gay green lantern is, they are going to forget to throw in some awesome space battles and weird looking aliens.
Have a gay character, who cares? Only people who care are the ones who aren't likely to read comics in the first place, but are bound to spend every waking moment they have writing you hate mail. They have had gay characters in the past, but didn't feel the need to make it a press event. It almost seems like they just want the attention, like when they made Kingpin a big black dude instead of a large fat white guy. No reason, they just wanted the attention. It wasn't integral to the plot, it didn't make the character better or more interesting... purely for shock value.
It loses it's value that way.

Like when you have a movie and suddenly sex. A big old wiener in your face. Nothing really prompted it, it didn't fit, it was just a big old wiener. Then no matter what else happens in the movie, it is known for the wiener. Hey remember that movie with the wiener in it?

I hope that whoever is writing is doesn't spend the whole time focusing on the gay thing unless it's pivotal to the storyline.

Oh wait... |I don't even really read comics anymore... and I don't really care about Green Lantern.... Never mind.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
01-06-2012, 09:41 AM
(01-06-2012 09:30 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Like when you have a movie and suddenly sex. A big old wiener in your face. Nothing really prompted it, it didn't fit, it was just a big old wiener. Then no matter what else happens in the movie, it is known for the wiener. Hey remember that movie with the wiener in it?

What movies are you watching? US movies it's tits in yo face for no reason, not wieners. Almost never full frontal of any kind in US movies.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
01-06-2012, 09:47 AM
(01-06-2012 09:41 AM)kineo Wrote:  What movies are you watching? US movies it's tits in yo face for no reason, not wieners. Almost never full frontal of any kind in US movies.
I approve of Tiyffnr. Hehe... that sounds like an awesome name for a Norse Goddess... The sister of Wiyffnr...
01-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Well I was watching this one movie about this lady who just got out of the shower, her doorbell rang. I guess she ordered a pizza just before she went for the shower. Anyways the guy comes in even though she's naked. Odd. But then she says she can't pay for it, and he says I know how you can pay. Then he opens the pizza and wiener.

I turned it off then because the plot line made no sense.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
01-06-2012, 10:13 AM
(01-06-2012 09:41 AM)kineo Wrote:  What movies are you watching? US movies it's tits in yo face for no reason, not wieners. Almost never full frontal of any kind in US movies.
You sound disappointed.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...nevermind...you probably are! Big Grin Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-06-2012, 10:14 AM
(01-06-2012 09:50 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Well I was watching this one movie about this lady who just got out of the shower, her doorbell rang. I guess she ordered a pizza just before she went for the shower. Anyways the guy comes in even though she's naked. Odd. But then she says she can't pay for it, and he says I know how you can pay. Then he opens the pizza and wiener.

I saw something like this once only it was with a cable guy and he didn't have any pizza.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-06-2012, 10:55 AM
(01-06-2012 10:13 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
You sound disappointed.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...nevermind...you probably are! Big Grin Thumbsup

Haha, well I could go either way. Wink

(01-06-2012 10:14 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 09:50 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Well I was watching this one movie about this lady who just got out of the shower, her doorbell rang. I guess she ordered a pizza just before she went for the shower. Anyways the guy comes in even though she's naked. Odd. But then she says she can't pay for it, and he says I know how you can pay. Then he opens the pizza and wiener.

I saw something like this once only it was with a cable guy and he didn't have any pizza.

No plot line? What a waste. That's when you just zip up and walk out of the theater. Angry

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post