DEBATE - CATHOLIC vs UNBELIEVER

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2014, 03:09 AM
RE: DEBATE - CATHOLIC vs UNBELIEVER
(26-01-2014 10:47 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 09:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Sorry, but this is a debate between two believers....and it just goes to demonstrate how unfair god is.

If you don't worship him just right, it doesn't matter you burn in hell.

I've asked this before...why would an all powerful, all knowing deity capable of creating everything give a shit how people worship it?

I dunno. Why are you questioning a supposedly infinite being? That's like a North Korean person debating the FBI.

Well if you're looking for an example of wilful ignorance, you have it right there.

So you have a treasure map, and it has about fifteen Xs marked on it. The map maker is clear: If you go to the wrong X you burn in his booby trap.

Why question a supposedly infinite being? Of course the X you were raised to believe in is the real treasure. It's not like the perfect mapmaker would lie to you. Not like he lied to those other poor twats. He would never lie.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Hafnof's post
27-01-2014, 03:18 AM
(27-01-2014 03:09 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 10:47 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I dunno. Why are you questioning a supposedly infinite being? That's like a North Korean person debating the FBI.

Well if you're looking for an example of wilful ignorance, you have it right there.

So you have a treasure map, and it has about fifteen Xs marked on it. The map maker is clear: If you go to the wrong X you burn in his booby trap.

Why question a supposedly infinite being? Of course the X you were raised to believe in is the real treasure. It's not like the perfect mapmaker would lie to you. Not like he lied to those other poor twats. He would never lie.

The ontological argument seems to justify this.

Truth seeker.
27-01-2014, 03:37 AM
(27-01-2014 03:18 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 03:09 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Well if you're looking for an example of wilful ignorance, you have it right there.

So ... given reality ... ontological argument, RIP.

We mourn the loss.

For a second.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
27-01-2014, 04:54 AM
(27-01-2014 03:18 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 03:09 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So you have a treasure map, and it has about fifteen Xs marked on it. The map maker is clear: If you go to the wrong X you burn in his booby trap.

The ontological argument seems to justify your belief that God gave you the correct treasure map, the correct way to worship him? The ontological argument seems to justify that he only lies to other people, the ones raised with different interpretations of the Bible or with a different text entirely?

Do go on. I'm all ears.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 5 users Like Hafnof's post
27-01-2014, 08:51 AM
(26-01-2014 09:45 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  "Brother Diamond" is not a brother at all. He is not a monk. He and his bro "predicted" the world's end in 2000.

Furthermore, they are sedevacantist schizmatics. So, while atheists such as yourselves tear at the Church from the outside, the lunatics in the "Most Holy Family Monastery" are tearing at the Church from within. As you can see, the Devil's a genius.

With the Diamonds, you are merely witnessing more of the Church's dirty laundry.

Even the forum owner of Cathinfo (which appears to be favoring the sedevacantist position these days) at one time warned against any of the members expressing favor towards them. But you don't see that so much these days, since they're trending sede.

It's hilarious they call themselves monks.

It saddens me to hear a supposed adult talk about the Devil as though he were real. Weeping

Time to grow up and stop believing in fantasy. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-01-2014, 08:53 AM
(26-01-2014 10:47 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 09:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Sorry, but this is a debate between two believers....and it just goes to demonstrate how unfair god is.

If you don't worship him just right, it doesn't matter you burn in hell.

I've asked this before...why would an all powerful, all knowing deity capable of creating everything give a shit how people worship it?

I dunno. Why are you questioning a supposedly infinite being? That's like a North Korean person debating the FBI.

No, it's nothing like that at all. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2014, 09:58 AM
(27-01-2014 03:18 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I am a piece of crap.

You can say that again.
The Ontological Argument is not entirely dissimilar. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
27-01-2014, 10:25 AM
I am impressed. I am always impressed with things written in giant font, cause that means it's true.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post