DEMOCRATS REMOVE GOD FROM PLATFORM...oh...uh...wait, it's back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2012, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 03:21 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: DEMOCRATS REMOVE GOD FROM PLATFORM...oh...uh...wait, it's back
It was very clear, it was no 50/50 voice vote. Just declared to be so. They had, by convention rules, 10 minutes to object. Not 1 person did. The idea this could not have even happened at all, in the Republican party as a vote is still unthinkable.

Even 20 years ago this would have been unthinkable. We've come a long long way.

Apart from Clinton the best part of the night, (maybe even anyway), was my hero,
Sister Simone Campbell, nun-on-the-bus, (she's a lawyer BTW), who had them on their feet, in tears, in less than 5 minutes,
who appealed to "faith", but never said "Jeebus" or "god", and said we are responsible for each other.
She is part of the rebel nun movement, who are moving away from religion as we know it,
but since they are legally still a part of their congregations, Popey can't do a whole lot.
http://www.traditioninaction.org/History...uns_2.html , http://douthat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05...od-within/ ,
I mean, "moving beyond the church, maybe even beyond Jesus" ??!! Yes ma'am.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-09-2012, 02:35 PM
(06-09-2012 07:10 AM)MAD Wrote:  Are they once again trying to show Israel that look, you can do whatever you want and disregard all international laws and human rights and we'll still support you and give you lots and lots of guns and money :-)

I like Israel, and I support our strong support of Israel as it sends a nice FU message to all states committed to Israel's destruction. If that means that we overlook some transgressions then I see it as a necessary evil.
06-09-2012, 02:37 PM
(06-09-2012 01:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It was very clear, it was no 50/50 voice vote. Just declared to be so.

I don't know what you were watching Bucky, but all three votes sounded to me as if they had equal yays and nays. The moderator wouldn't have done it three times if it had been clear.
06-09-2012, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 03:24 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-09-2012 02:37 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 01:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It was very clear, it was no 50/50 voice vote. Just declared to be so.

I don't know what you were watching Bucky, but all three votes sounded to me as if they had equal yays and nays. The moderator wouldn't have done it three times if it had been clear.

Could have been mic placement, I suppose. On CNN the first vote was clearly WAY uneven. The mod on the stand was shocked, and understood the fallout, so he called for 3 more. They did even up some, the more they did. The convention had not been informed of the vote, so it took them by surprise. If they had known, and had been "instructed" as per usual, who knows what it would have been ? I took the 3 votes as a desperate attempt to try to get it to look better. Listen to the "other" voice after the first one : "well, it is what it is"..it surprised the shit of of them.

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

06-09-2012, 03:28 PM
(06-09-2012 01:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It was very clear, it was no 50/50 voice vote. Just declared to be so. They had, by convention rules, 10 minutes to object. Not 1 person did. The idea this could not have even happened at all, in the Republican party as a vote is still unthinkable.

Sister Simone Campbell, nun-on-the-bus, (she's a lawyer BTW), who had them on their feet, in tears, in less than 5 minutes,
who appealed to "faith", but never said "Jeebus" or "god", and said we are responsible for each other.
She is part of the rebel nun movement, who are moving away from religion as we know it,
but since they are legally still a part of their congregations, Popey can't do a whole lot.

Listen to you - like you know the laws and regulations of the Catholic church better than the laws and regulations of the Democrat Party.

I just saw the opening of the afternoon session and it was immediately followed by an invocation and prayer bulshit to appease the stupid fucking nigger Baptists.

And don't forget following Obama screech tonight the NYC Cardinal is supposed to conclude a prayer like he fucking did at the Republican Convention.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
06-09-2012, 03:30 PM
(06-09-2012 03:28 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 01:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It was very clear, it was no 50/50 voice vote. Just declared to be so. They had, by convention rules, 10 minutes to object. Not 1 person did. The idea this could not have even happened at all, in the Republican party as a vote is still unthinkable.

Listen to you - like you know the laws and regulations of the Catholic church better than the laws and regulations of the Democrat Party. And you are absolutely certain that she is a Catholic Nun and not a fucking comedian???

I just saw the opening of the afternoon session and it was immediately followed by an invocation and prayer bulshit to appease the stupid fucking nigger Baptists.

And don't forget following Obama screech tonight the NYC Cardinal is supposed to conclude a prayer like he fucking did at the Republican Convention.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
06-09-2012, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 03:37 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-09-2012 03:28 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  

Listen to you - like you know the laws and regulations of the Catholic church better than the laws and regulations of the Democrat Party.

You sir, are an offensive asshole. I don't know the rules of the party, only what only what any observant viewer could deduce. I DO however know the Catholic Church far better than most Catholics. So, yeah, go fuck yourself. Admitting you're a train wreck, does not excuse it.

06-09-2012, 03:35 PM
(06-09-2012 03:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 02:37 PM)Jeff Wrote:  I don't know what you were watching Bucky, but all three votes sounded to me as if they had equal yays and nays. The moderator wouldn't have done it three times if it had been clear.

Could have been mic placement, I suppose. On CNN the first vote was clearly WAY uneven.

I agree it could be a mic issue, but I haven't heard anyone claim it sounded differently at different places. I didn't see the CNN version. Uneven which way?
06-09-2012, 03:38 PM
TrainWreck is the reason to rethink our polices on banning. If I wanted to see racist shit I would be on the Christian sites. He is without a doubt a TROLL!

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
06-09-2012, 03:45 PM
(06-09-2012 03:35 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 03:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Could have been mic placement, I suppose. On CNN the first vote was clearly WAY uneven.

I agree it could be a mic issue, but I haven't heard anyone claim it sounded differently at different places. I didn't see the CNN version. Uneven which way?

The first vote was clearly WAY in favor of not changing the platform, on the CNN coverage. They were like "oh oh, now what do we do ?", so he did another one.
Second one sort of the same, but maybe a not quite so obviously against a change.
Third one a little closer. Fourth one, questionable. So he "declared".
(Later, I heard the moderator, on CNN, explaining about the 10 minute rule, and that no one had objected).