DEMOCRATS REMOVE GOD FROM PLATFORM...oh...uh...wait, it's back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2012, 03:52 PM
RE: DEMOCRATS REMOVE GOD FROM PLATFORM...oh...uh...wait, it's back
(06-09-2012 03:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 03:35 PM)Jeff Wrote:  I agree it could be a mic issue, but I haven't heard anyone claim it sounded differently at different places. I didn't see the CNN version. Uneven which way?

The first vote was clearly WAY in favor of not changing the platform, on the CNN coverage. They were like "oh oh, now what do we do ?", so he did another one.
Second one sort of the same, but maybe a not quite so obviously against a change.
Third one a little closer. Fourth one, questionable. So he "declared".
(Later, I heard the moderator, on CNN, explaining about the 10 minute rule, and that no one had objected).

The all seemed pretty even in the video I saw. What do you make of no one objecting? I thought it was pretty ballsy to overturn an obvious vote taken on national television.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2012, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 04:07 PM by TrainWreck.)
(06-09-2012 03:38 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  TrainWreck is the reason to rethink our polices on banning. If I wanted to see racist shit I would be on the Christian sites. He is without a doubt a TROLL!
get it on - biaaaaaaatch

I promise you that I give all the cultures the best opportunity to better advance their contribution to Mankind. I don't just listen to their stupid shit, I make them prove it.

Would you care to take me up on the rest of my arguments, or are you just going to cry and pout about how unfare I am to the spics and niggers who believe I fuck everything up because I am white and that is what white people do???

Believe me pal, the non-whites do not know how to do community as well as white people do - gauranteed.

And atheists do not know how to do community as well as the religious people do.

Whites (crackers), spics, niggers, faggot, lesbians, Christians, Jews, Muslims and Atheists will be doing things my way - the scientific way - gauranteed.

Do you understand that the existence of the slur "cracker," implies that there are non-white racists who hate white people???

How about stupid people - do you believe stupid people should have the ability to sway social decisions???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
06-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Better use your spellchecker, bro. It's there for people like you.
06-09-2012, 08:47 PM
(06-09-2012 03:54 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  How about stupid people - do you believe stupid people should have the ability to sway social decisions???

Are you finally volunteering to sacrifice your rights for the greater good?
07-09-2012, 01:24 AM
(06-09-2012 02:35 PM)Jeff Wrote:  I like Israel, and I support our strong support of Israel as it sends a nice FU message to all states committed to Israel's destruction. If that means that we overlook some transgressions then I see it as a necessary evil.

Personally I think that the stronger part have to be the nicer one so I couldn't disagree more with you Smile I don't think state-terrorism should be overlooked no matter which state it is and no matter who the targets are.

I do guess that a continued discussion here wouldn't lead anywhere, now you know my position and I know yours so I guess we can leave it there.

Peace!
07-09-2012, 07:24 AM
I am personally pleased that the Democrats have God on their platform, but rarely speak about it.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
07-09-2012, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 09:34 AM by TrainWreck.)
(07-09-2012 07:24 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I am personally pleased that the Democrats have God on their platform, but rarely speak about it.

Please enlighten us. I cannot imagine what good could ever come of the two most powerful political parties deliberately segregating their ideology from the atheists' brilliant and always reasonable secular values for guiding state policy. You know how we got the way to a better world.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
07-09-2012, 09:50 AM
(06-09-2012 08:47 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 03:54 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  How about stupid people - do you believe stupid people should have the ability to sway social decisions???
Are you finally volunteering to sacrifice your rights for the greater good?
Possibly, but I don't believe it must be necessary. I am willing to migrate to a nation state that is as good as the atheist leaders say is better than this religious USA that constantly violates the great wall of seperation of church and state. Yeah, I will be willing to go to a cool atheistic country.

08-09-2012, 01:15 PM
(06-09-2012 01:38 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 07:10 AM)MAD Wrote:  4. Why would they recognize Jerusalem as capital?

I think there is a Republican coup in the Democrat convention - speakers and delegates.

I heard Ann Coultur on a radio interview describing that at the Republican Convention when they had Democrat operative hecklers, the delegates would shout "USA" drown them out. I would imagine that Republican operatives would be much more numerous and much more operative.

Sandra Fluk was interviewed this morning by Geraldo Rivera and it confirmed a suspicion I had back in the Spring when her activism gained attention - there was something amiss about her credentials that caught my attention, but let it go because I didn't really care. I am pretty sure she is a Republican operative gaining access to some of Obama's secret political strategy meetings.

Upon some thought about the "Jerusalem" issue seeming out of place, I bet it has something to do with the problem with Middle East Peace - the great Palestineans would refuse to recognize Jerusalem as anything.

So, it must be an insinuation tool, or "code word," to alert the Jewish voting bloc.

Just like how I want atheists to realize that Democratpoliticians have no obligation to atheists.

08-09-2012, 02:47 PM
(08-09-2012 01:15 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 01:38 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I think there is a Republican coup in the Democrat convention - speakers and delegates.

I heard Ann Coultur on a radio interview describing that at the Republican Convention when they had Democrat operative hecklers, the delegates would shout "USA" drown them out. I would imagine that Republican operatives would be much more numerous and much more operative.

Sandra Fluk was interviewed this morning by Geraldo Rivera and it confirmed a suspicion I had back in the Spring when her activism gained attention - there was something amiss about her credentials that caught my attention, but let it go because I didn't really care. I am pretty sure she is a Republican operative gaining access to some of Obama's secret political strategy meetings.

Upon some thought about the "Jerusalem" issue seeming out of place, I bet it has something to do with the problem with Middle East Peace - the great Palestineans would refuse to recognize Jerusalem as anything.

So, it must be an insinuation tool, or "code word," to alert the Jewish voting bloc.

Just like how I want atheists to realize that Democratpoliticians have no obligation to atheists.

I don't think anyone believes they do. It's not the situation many are expecting at this point. It's about hoping that party is not in opposition to atheists or atheist political activist goals that the Republican party clearly is.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson