DING DONG THE CUNT IS GONE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2015, 11:26 PM
DING DONG THE CUNT IS GONE
MUHAHAHAHAHA,

GEORGE GALLOWAY HAS LOST HIS SEAT HAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AMAAAAAZZZZIINNGGGG WAHOOOO.

Get in.

On a serious note. SNP 7% of population in votes yet have 55 seats, UKIP 12% of population but have 1 seat. Does this method of democracy need a shape up?

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2015, 12:52 AM
RE: DING DONG THE CUNT IS GONE
Your system is better than ours. We have way too many gerrymandered districts.
08-05-2015, 12:57 AM
(08-05-2015 12:52 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Your system is better than ours. We have way too many gerrymandered districts.

I'm not familiar with gerrymandered, is that basically legalised fixing? Tongue

08-05-2015, 01:18 AM
(08-05-2015 12:57 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 12:52 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Your system is better than ours. We have way too many gerrymandered districts.

I'm not familiar with gerrymandered, is that basically legalised fixing? Tongue

Gerrymandering is an attempt to create an advantage to a particular group when drawing district boarders by manipulating them to enclose areas which are particularly partisan.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-05-2015, 01:26 AM
(08-05-2015 01:18 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Gerrymandering is an attempt to create an advantage to a particular group when drawing district boarders by manipulating them to enclose areas which are particularly partisan.

Yeah, and it essentially ensures a majority vote in favor of those responsible for rewriting the district lines by encompassing more of their supporters in each district of each state -- thereby inflating their turnout. Unfortunately both parties are guilty of it. The great thing about your system is that you at least have different parties that often form coalitions. We don't have that luxury.

Also, fuck UKIP and their casual racism.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
08-05-2015, 01:43 AM
(08-05-2015 01:26 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 01:18 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Gerrymandering is an attempt to create an advantage to a particular group when drawing district boarders by manipulating them to enclose areas which are particularly partisan.

Yeah, and it essentially ensures a majority vote in favor of those responsible for rewriting the district lines by encompassing more of their supporters in each district of each state -- thereby inflating their turnout. Unfortunately both parties are guilty of it. The great thing about your system is that you at least have different parties that often form coalitions. We don't have that luxury.

Also, fuck UKIP and their casual racism.

I find American politics very confusing! If all parties are guilty of it, is it basically a void issue?

Not liking UKIP is no excuse to not be disgusted in a broken electoral system Tongue

Also, could you show me why UKIP are racist? Genuine curiosity because I see a lot of people say it but nobody backs with sources. Suzanne Evans of UKIP showed a list of known racists/paedophiles/homophobes/fraudsters of the other parties with evidence. Shocking. However nobody seems to point these out.

08-05-2015, 03:01 AM
(08-05-2015 01:43 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I find American politics very confusing! If all parties are guilty of it, is it basically a void issue?

No, because there is a large chunk of time between each district rewrite. Once it happens, years must pass before it can be changed in the other party's favor. The rewriting wrongfully proportions sections of the population so as to silence opposing votes.

(08-05-2015 01:43 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Not liking UKIP is no excuse to not be disgusted in a broken electoral system Tongue

Demonstrate to me where I said it was an excuse for their election results? I just looked at the statistics, and while a small chunk of British citizens identify as UKIP party members, the voter turnout for the election was not in their favor.

(08-05-2015 01:43 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Also, could you show me why UKIP are racist? Genuine curiosity because I see a lot of people say it but nobody backs with sources. Suzanne Evans of UKIP showed a list of known racists/paedophiles/homophobes/fraudsters of the other parties with evidence. Shocking. However nobody seems to point these out.

Because UKIP operates off of the notion of nationalism, which in and of itself is treading dangerous territory.

Bare in mind UKIP is often forced to distance itself from more open and vocal racists, but here are just a few quotes from some of their members. The party promotes business discrimination based on ethnicity and nationality as well. Their position is no different than Americans blaming Hispanics for stealing jobs in the United States, simply because they happen to have a different skin color and different cultures. So while other parties may have racist proponents and supporters, UKIP is the party of racists for racists.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
08-05-2015, 06:13 AM
(08-05-2015 01:26 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

The great thing about your system is that you at least have different parties that often form coalitions. We don't have that luxury.

I'm not so sure on that. The only coalition I am aware of in politics down here is 'the Coalition', which is less a coalition between the two component groups ('Liberals' and Nationals) and more of a permanent fusion... It of course is one of the two major parties in politics.

I mean, I suppose the virtually mandatory absorption of negligible small parties by the two larger ones could be counted...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-05-2015, 06:46 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!

Fuck that cunt indeed! HAHAHAHA!!! Now he can fuck off and work full time for Iranian tv, or stand as candidate in the Syrian fake elections!

The man who tried to bring antisemitism into mainstream UK politics is finaly out of parlaiment!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
08-05-2015, 08:38 AM
(08-05-2015 03:01 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 01:43 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I find American politics very confusing! If all parties are guilty of it, is it basically a void issue?

No, because there is a large chunk of time between each district rewrite. Once it happens, years must pass before it can be changed in the other party's favor. The rewriting wrongfully proportions sections of the population so as to silence opposing votes.

(08-05-2015 01:43 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Not liking UKIP is no excuse to not be disgusted in a broken electoral system Tongue

Demonstrate to me where I said it was an excuse for their election results? I just looked at the statistics, and while a small chunk of British citizens identify as UKIP party members, the voter turnout for the election was not in their favor.

(08-05-2015 01:43 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Also, could you show me why UKIP are racist? Genuine curiosity because I see a lot of people say it but nobody backs with sources. Suzanne Evans of UKIP showed a list of known racists/paedophiles/homophobes/fraudsters of the other parties with evidence. Shocking. However nobody seems to point these out.

Because UKIP operates off of the notion of nationalism, which in and of itself is treading dangerous territory.

Bare in mind UKIP is often forced to distance itself from more open and vocal racists, but here are just a few quotes from some of their members. The party promotes business discrimination based on ethnicity and nationality as well. Their position is no different than Americans blaming Hispanics for stealing jobs in the United States, simply because they happen to have a different skin color and different cultures. So while other parties may have racist proponents and supporters, UKIP is the party of racists for racists.

No need for hostility, I see your lefty instincts are kicking in.

[+] 1 user Likes SunnyD1's post