DISTURBED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: DISTURBED
(09-09-2012 11:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 11:51 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Maybe if I don't reply, he won't come back... Blink

*opens the windows to clear the area of smelly Caps Lock.*

Instigator.

You know it! Laughat

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 12:33 PM
(09-09-2012 11:56 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 11:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Instigator.

You know it! Laughat

Not that amazing. It takes one to know one. Angel

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-09-2012, 07:46 PM
(09-09-2012 11:56 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 11:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Instigator.

You know it! Laughat

hi do you feel like your life has no reason it wouldnt make a differ if you live or die ..think deeper whats the real you that moves your flesh ...your hands your thoughts do you realy think you own you your mom made you lol think deeper than that ..why are all of us so different in our thoughts and we are given dominoin over everything but yet we are not the strongest beast on earth..why do our hearts have feelings why are we not like aniamals that we have traits that is easy to fig out like the pitbull, ape,snake, goat,why did God make us so special...
09-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Someone, somewhere is really damaging this kid.

It's beginning to really disturb me.

I'm serious.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
09-09-2012, 08:07 PM
(09-09-2012 07:46 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 11:56 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  You know it! Laughat

hi do you feel like your life has no reason it wouldnt make a differ if you live or die ..think deeper whats the real you that moves your flesh ...your hands your thoughts do you realy think you own you your mom made you lol think deeper than that ..why are all of us so different in our thoughts and we are given dominoin over everything but yet we are not the strongest beast on earth..why do our hearts have feelings why are we not like aniamals that we have traits that is easy to fig out like the pitbull, ape,snake, goat,why did God make us so special...

Why is our DNA so closely similar to every living plant and animal on the planet?

Why do we differ from chimpanzees by only 2 chromosomes?

Why are there over 30,000 Christian denominations and hundreds of religions, every single one of them claiming to be the only correct one?

Why do we know the universe is over 13 Billion years old, the earth 4 billion years old?

Why do I always seem to lose just one sock in the dryer?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
09-09-2012, 08:19 PM
(09-09-2012 07:46 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 11:56 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  You know it! Laughat

You have to prove that god exists.
Then you need to prove that god created us.
Then you have to explain why you feel we were given dominion over everything and where your proof of that is.

Currently:

- All peer reviewed science that is currently accepted as the adopted set of theory says we are part of an expanding universe of which we understand quite well, we do not have all answers, but understand well enough and with empirical evidence to support this theory better than any other proposed idea at this time.
- All peer reviewed science that is currently accepted as the adopted set of theory shows that we evolved from a common ancestor of the family of ape/monkey. This is not only evident in the fossils that have been found, but is absolutely undeniable in the evidence found in our dna and their dna. Here's a picture in case you don't like reading. Essentially part of our chromies fused and created one set, which is dead set on identical to that of an ape.
[Image: hum_ape_chrom_2.gif]
- Lastly, there has been no evidence for a god or gods at this point in time. There is nothing, no physical or provable evidence for a supernatural being in charge of these things.

If you wish to understand why we have traits that are different than that of other animals, I would highly suggest starting with the brain of mammals. They are like nothing other of any animals throughout evolution. A better question is "Why are dolphins so damn smart?" and if you peel back the part of the brain responsible for intelligence, you'll find that mammals are capable of consciousness, not just humans, but other animals (such as dolphins which are highly intelligent creatures).

If you can understand this, you can understand evolution from a much better perspective, instead of being an egotistical person who thinks you are better than everything in nature. Next time you're in africa, go have a talk with a lion and tell him that you have dominion over him thanks to god and see how that works out for you. (Spoiler alert: It would end death because lions don't give a shit, you're food to them.)

Just because you cannot understand things, or just because they seem complex, just because you are incapable of understanding the complexities of nature (even though we can scientifically explain them) does not mean a god did any of it. That's a copout, an excuse. Otherwise known as a logical fallacy called "Argument from Ignorance" (I can't explain this, therefore god did it.)

There is also argument from authority (I read a book from a guy who agrees with my perspective and he had a PHD, therefore, god exists because this guy must know what he's talking about).

There are many logical fallacies one can come up with. Please understand that in posting here, if you are going to convince anyone of anything, you need to drop the logical fallacies and make a rational and reasonable argument. Once you've done that, you need to provide evidence for your claims, otherwise they are empty claims, nothing, nada, pointless.

The reality is that we've probably already heard them a million times.
[+] 6 users Like Logisch's post
09-09-2012, 11:54 PM
(09-09-2012 08:19 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 07:46 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  hi do you feel like your life has no reason it wouldnt make a differ if you live or die ..think deeper whats the real you that moves your flesh ...your hands your thoughts do you realy think you own you your mom made you lol think deeper than that ..why are all of us so different in our thoughts and we are given dominoin over everything but yet we are not the strongest beast on earth..why do our hearts have feelings why are we not like aniamals that we have traits that is easy to fig out like the pitbull, ape,snake, goat,why did God make us so special...

You have to prove that god exists.
Then you need to prove that god created us.
Then you have to explain why you feel we were given dominion over everything and where your proof of that is.

Currently:

- All peer reviewed science that is currently accepted as the adopted set of theory says we are part of an expanding universe of which we understand quite well, we do not have all answers, but understand well enough and with empirical evidence to support this theory better than any other proposed idea at this time.
- All peer reviewed science that is currently accepted as the adopted set of theory shows that we evolved from a common ancestor of the family of ape/monkey. This is not only evident in the fossils that have been found, but is absolutely undeniable in the evidence found in our dna and their dna. Here's a picture in case you don't like reading. Essentially part of our chromies fused and created one set, which is dead set on identical to that of an ape.
[Image: hum_ape_chrom_2.gif]
- Lastly, there has been no evidence for a god or gods at this point in time. There is nothing, no physical or provable evidence for a supernatural being in charge of these things.

If you wish to understand why we have traits that are different than that of other animals, I would highly suggest starting with the brain of mammals. They are like nothing other of any animals throughout evolution. A better question is "Why are dolphins so damn smart?" and if you peel back the part of the brain responsible for intelligence, you'll find that mammals are capable of consciousness, not just humans, but other animals (such as dolphins which are highly intelligent creatures).

If you can understand this, you can understand evolution from a much better perspective, instead of being an egotistical person who thinks you are better than everything in nature. Next time you're in africa, go have a talk with a lion and tell him that you have dominion over him thanks to god and see how that works out for you. (Spoiler alert: It would end death because lions don't give a shit, you're food to them.)

Just because you cannot understand things, or just because they seem complex, just because you are incapable of understanding the complexities of nature (even though we can scientifically explain them) does not mean a god did any of it. That's a copout, an excuse. Otherwise known as a logical fallacy called "Argument from Ignorance" (I can't explain this, therefore god did it.)

There is also argument from authority (I read a book from a guy who agrees with my perspective and he had a PHD, therefore, god exists because this guy must know what he's talking about).

There are many logical fallacies one can come up with. Please understand that in posting here, if you are going to convince anyone of anything, you need to drop the logical fallacies and make a rational and reasonable argument. Once you've done that, you need to provide evidence for your claims, otherwise they are empty claims, nothing, nada, pointless.

The reality is that we've probably already heard them a million times.
here is one to fix that proof..we wear clothes just as it is stated in the bible of our shame it is proof that snakes at one time walk instead of crowl why are we not changing now sweety.. if anything you are more than the value of a bug, more than a life to feed magits when you die if there is no God why we live like there is one you should live without law kill yourself your mom kids or anyone that pis you off kill me if you will we are not preditors WHY DO YOU HAVE THAT THING CALLD A COUNTIOUS INSIDE YOU...THE BIBLE HAS NOT CHANGED BUT SCIENTISTS ARE STILL DISCOVERING THINGS ON HOW THIS BODY WORKS AND STILL IN WOUNDER AND CANT BRING LIFE TO A DEAD BODY.WE ARE SO LIMITED ITS TAKING DECADES AND CENTTURIES TO DISCOVER AND STILL UN SURE ON MANY ISSUES.. ILL LOVE TO TELL YOU MORE BUT IM SLEEPY AND MY GOD CREATED THAT FOR US TOO..
10-09-2012, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 12:42 AM by Logisch.)
You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of evolution. Also, please don't call me sweetie, it's annoying. I don't call you "doodie muffin" or "honey cheeks" or "apple cakes" anything of the sort.

Evolution is not something you'll observe in a drastic change in your lifetime, at least not in our species. It takes anywhere from hundreds of thousands to millions of years. Every generation is slightly different than the other, and though you won't see the next generation sprouting wings, or growing a 3rd leg, if you looked at their dna you would see minuscule changes across generations. That is, in essence, what evolution is. Changes over time in generations. I gave you a VISUAL example of human dna vs ape dna. How do you feel about it and how do you explain it? If your so called god exist, why would he "create" creatures that use 97-98% identical dna to ours and why would he fuse our chromosomes with apes? Also, why did he make an appendix? It's a useless organ? I thought we were created in his image? Did god go to a bad engineering school and leave efficiency out of bodies? Please, explain.

However, one way that a person can see it is through the DNA. Every person is a different person, their dna differs, just a little, through each generation. You can easily see it demonstrated in microbial life or things like bacteria or viruses (evolution is, after all, how we predict and know how to make vaccines).

If our species continues for another hundred thousand years, you would likely find that we look slightly different, act slightly different but perhaps continue with a similar shape. It will be difficult to tell. No doubt, however that you would see the dna be a drastic change from what you look like on that scale, vs what a human 100,000 years from now would look like. The fact is, you won't live long enough to see it. That doesn't make it any less true because we can observe from fossil records AND dna to back up evolution.

The bible's attempt at explaining parts of snakes is not proof of god. By that very logic, would be like saying that because the bible mentions an ark, and we build boats, that there must be a god because the bible mentions boats. It's inserting an explanation that doesn't explain something else, it's jumping gaps. Let's say that for a moment in a fantasy world that the bible predicted something generic, let's say that there were giants back then (like the story of david and goliath) and we found fossils of giant humans. All it would prove is that there were giants, it still has yet to explain anything about god. You could still write a fictional book that entailed some details about something that existed, and then insert a god into it, but it still doesn't make the god true.

This brings us to our next logical fallacy that you have introduced, known as a god of the gaps argument. A god of the gaps argument explains something that fits into a gap that you do not directly understand or perhaps others don't understand, therefore must explain it as such. It's sort of an argument from ignorance fallacy, but not quite the same.

Evolution explains snakes just fine since there are traces of legs there at one point in time. We also know that snakes are a reptile, and many members of the reptile family have.... legs... others do not.

Your proof of a god is: "Well there's a snake, and snakes don't have legs. And the bible says they don't, because it's their punishment. Therefore, god exists!" Realistically, this could be explained by any ignorant person of thousands of years ago who had no idea why snakes had no legs. They could easily say... "God changed walnuts to not have a skin. They previously had skin on them and it was colored like a zebra. But the walnut was at one time a delicious fruit, the fruit of knowledge. But god transformed it." and you could say "YEAH! Why do walnuts not have skin colored like a zebra? THAT PROVES GOD!" even though we can explain walnuts just fine, someone made an elaborate story to explain something that doesn't need explaining because we can already explain it. Their explanation still has absolutely nothing to do with a deity.

If we use this logic for any old book in which someone explains something they don't understand, or attribute a story to something that is in nature, then in this case we would have to assume that every god of every religion exists.

Example: Odin vowed to destroy the frost giant, Ymir. From Ymir's body he made the earth. Then people could dwell on the earth.

There's an earth. There is no frost giant. THEREFORE ODIN EXISTS! Big bang can't be true, because ODIN REALLY made the earth from Ymir and Ymir doesn't exist! HAH! ODIN IS REAL! The tales are true!

Do you see how that works? It is faulty logic. A logical fallacy. We have no evidence of this claim, we also can already explain things from a perspective that makes sense as we have theories in place with evidence to explain them. So we do not need to insert a god into them.

The bible has changed. In fact it gets re-translated and turned into new religions constantly. As others have mentioned, there are over 30,000 denominations of Christianity and many bibles. The only reason it changes, is to adapt and survive. This is because as science progresses and things become explainable, old fairy tales that make no sense become obviously false, they show gaping holes in their tales and become what we know as "myths" (which is what they are in the first place).

Also, to say that without a god we have no law is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If you need a god to live as a good person, or for a reason to live, then why are you living? I'm content with my life, I'm happy with things the way they are. I'm content with the fact that when I die, I'm simply dead. I love my family and I am good to people because I can be a good person and because I want to be, and I do not need a god for that. The people to fear in this world are the people who think that if they had no god that they would see nothing wrong with raping or killing innocent people, that would tell me someone has a screw loose up there.

Science will always make new discoveries because that is what science is, that is how it works and good science will always be replaced with better science. Science does not get disproven, it simply gets replaced with better science. The very definition of a scientific fact is something that can be reproduced or observed theory a theory and is accepted as a fact, but is able to change or is subject to change in light of new or better evidence.

This means, for instance, that gravity could change. Some people would say, "But gravity is a FACT." Yes. It is a fact, however, and no matter how many new facts we find, what comes up will always come down and gravity will always work. However, the way we understand it and the way we explain it may change with time. The math might change, we might find something else elementary we didn't know existed before and refine our theory which may alter the way we forever define physics. That's fine, that's normal, that is how science works.

Regarding your comment of consciousness, or intelligence and often altruism (which is also not unique to just homo sapiens), again, please go read up on the brain of mammals. It is a trait specifically definable to mammals, not just humans.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
10-09-2012, 12:44 AM
(10-09-2012 12:37 AM)Logisch Wrote:  You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of evolution. Also, please don't call me sweetie, it's annoying. I don't call you "doodie muffin" or "honey cheeks" or "apple cakes" anything of the sort.

Hey Logisch,

You can call me "honey cheeks".

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Ok honey cheeks Wink