DISTURBED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: DISTURBED

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
05-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Maybe that prayer is for the believers we had no hand in this.

(05-09-2012 08:40 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
05-09-2012, 08:50 PM
(05-09-2012 07:24 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(05-09-2012 07:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've been seeing more and more Theists recently... Are we being invaded?

Is it out of the ordinary?

A invasion would suggest they were clever enough to trick us.

Maybe it'd be better put, "We're letting the clowns entertain us."

There ought to be clowns. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-09-2012, 09:33 PM
MOOOAAHAHAHAHAH!!! My bovine senses are as sharp as a rusty sword!! YEAH! Big Grin

Ban her/him to the non existen forum hell!! Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
05-09-2012, 10:12 PM
(05-09-2012 07:11 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  Do not be disturbed at being misunderstood. be disturbed only at not understanding..
HELLO IM NOT YOUR ENEMY , IM NOT YOUR SAVIOR .. IM YOUR FRIEND (THE SINNERS PRAYER) HIS PLEASURE IS NOT IN THE POWER OF THE HORSE, NOR HIS DELIGHT IN THE LEGS OF A MAN; THE LORD DELIGHTS IN THOSE WHO FEAR HIM WHO PUT THEIR HOPE IN HIS UNFAILING LOVE.... psalm 147;10-11. i am here not to fight but to give you peace ....

That is truly DISTURBING.

No, not disturbing that, as fstrat0 points out, it's like the Spanish saying if we become comes slaves we will have peace ... if not we will be slaughtered. I've heard their god's threats before and I know it's an empty threat.

No, it's not disturbing that we are supposed to fear their god to gain its love... I am aware how bullies and wife-beaters operate.

What is very disturbing and causing me great distress is...

Should it be Sinner's Prayer or Sinners' Prayer?

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
05-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Have you guys noticed that christians seem to worship the devil instead of god? like (if that stuff were true) the devil won at some point and nobody noticed Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
05-09-2012, 10:42 PM
(05-09-2012 07:11 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  Do not be disturbed at being misunderstood. be disturbed only at not understanding..
HELLO IM NOT YOUR ENEMY , IM NOT YOUR SAVIOR .. IM YOUR FRIEND (THE SINNERS PRAYER) HIS PLEASURE IS NOT IN THE POWER OF THE HORSE, NOR HIS DELIGHT IN THE LEGS OF A MAN; THE LORD DELIGHTS IN THOSE WHO FEAR HIM WHO PUT THEIR HOPE IN HIS UNFAILING LOVE.... psalm 147;10-11. i am here not to fight but to give you peace ....

Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it. (Matthew 10:34–39)

I have come to cast fire upon the Earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism* to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father* against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law. (Luke 12:49–53)

If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple. (Luke 14:26)

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
05-09-2012, 10:45 PM
This new influx of theist trying to "save people" could not have come at a better time. It's almost like this has been set up for my amusement upon my return. Maybe there is a god?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 4 users Like Hamata k's post
05-09-2012, 10:49 PM
(05-09-2012 10:45 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  This new influx of theist trying to "save people" could not have come at a better time. It's almost like this has been set up for my amusement upon my return. Maybe there is a god?

Welcome back, dude. We missed ya.

05-09-2012, 10:55 PM
(05-09-2012 10:49 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-09-2012 10:45 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  This new influx of theist trying to "save people" could not have come at a better time. It's almost like this has been set up for my amusement upon my return. Maybe there is a god?

Welcome back, dude. We missed ya.

Thanks. It will be awhile before I start regular posts again. I must first observe all the new editions and changes in behavior as much has occurred in my absence and I feel a bit out of the loop.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post