DNA - Humans mated w/Neanderthals 60,000 yrs ago

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2014, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2014 02:39 PM by dirtstar.)

Ok so jokes aside. We all know someone that convinces us neanderthal's are alive and well today and facts are out... skeleton remains, which are found throughout the world, have already begun to tell the story of our origins and how we are related to Neanderthals. This article is just confirmation and more proof of our origins. These remains, as you know, contain DNA. Most are aware that every living organism on earth shares similar DNA but whats-more is the fact we are able to link our DNA with skeleton remains that are 60,000 years old AND it shows we in essence come from our more ape like ancestors.

My question and the reasoning for posting this 'update' if you will, is directed at theist members and visitors of the board. I'm curious how these new discoveries and the DNA analysis of these discoveries are addressed by your church and/or members of your church much less yourselves? Quite frankly I suspect the subject never comes up but if in fact it did, what do you suppose the majority response to these findings are?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dirtstar's post
16-12-2014, 02:43 PM
RE: DNA - Humans mated w/Neanderthals 60,000 yrs ago
The evidence was planted by god to root out the unfaithful.

'Murican Canadian
16-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Theist here.

Probably something like:

The system used for "dating" is highly flawed and not as accurate as scientists say. These scientists are funded to "discover" and they have their own agenda.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-12-2014, 03:29 PM
I sent in a sample to the NatGeo 2.0 project and I'm 0.6% Neantherthal and 1.3% Denosovian and 98.1% Skeptic Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
16-12-2014, 11:00 PM
I'm sure science isn't commonly brought up in a church service.
16-12-2014, 11:06 PM
I suddenly had the bright idea to ask my girlfriend what it's like to defy science and mate with a Neanderthal in modern times.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
17-12-2014, 07:13 AM
(16-12-2014 11:00 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I'm sure science isn't commonly brought up in a church service.

that would make the sheep curious which might result in them having more questions, and faith can't survive unless sheep blindly follow it
17-12-2014, 07:31 AM
(16-12-2014 02:33 PM)dirtstar Wrote:  DNA - Humans mated w/Neanderthals 60,000 yrs ago

Ok so jokes aside. We all know someone that convinces us neanderthal's are alive and well today and facts are out... skeleton remains, which are found throughout the world, have already begun to tell the story of our origins and how we are related to Neanderthals. This article is just confirmation and more proof of our origins. These remains, as you know, contain DNA. Most are aware that every living organism on earth shares similar DNA but whats-more is the fact we are able to link our DNA with skeleton remains that are 60,000 years old AND it shows we in essence come from our more ape like ancestors.

My question and the reasoning for posting this 'update' if you will, is directed at theist members and visitors of the board. I'm curious how these new discoveries and the DNA analysis of these discoveries are addressed by your church and/or members of your church much less yourselves? Quite frankly I suspect the subject never comes up but if in fact it did, what do you suppose the majority response to these findings are?

Church is centered around three things; Fiction, Forgery and Fantasy since it is centered around scripture. As such, I doubt there would be any incentive to bring facts, reason and logic to the pulpit...might muddy the water too much, and invoke thought, analysis and potentially loss of faith as those attending discover things like....the gospels were not written by whom or when they thought, and other inconvenient facts. Science in church? if it is brought up at all, it would be to try and do a Ken Ham style pseudo-scientific spin to debunk it.

" we know this data is false because the bible clearly says the world is only 6,000 years old."

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-12-2014, 10:13 AM
I had a "discussion" online with a Christian- evolution-denying-nut regarding genetics. I didn't bring up the Neanderthal DNA but I did point to the genetics of cancer and the BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene. I mentioned evolutionary biology, genetics and cancer research intertwining and that our control over cancer will most likely make huge strides from the FACT and understanding of evolution.

They still deny evolution. I don't think that even if Christians got cancer that was cured directly from our knowledge of evolution and were shown proof of this, that it would make any difference to them. They would still think god cured them. The blinders are part of the structure of their brains.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3352411/

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-12-2014, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2014 10:46 AM by TubbyTubby.)
(16-12-2014 02:33 PM)dirtstar Wrote:  Quite frankly I suspect the subject never comes up but if in fact it did, what do you suppose the majority response to these findings are?

As kingschosen shows, there are two ways that a theist will approach any scientific evidence presented to them.

First, if said evidence can't be manipulated to agree with some ambiguous scripture as demonstrated by KC, then promptly dismiss the evidence as plainly wrong by stating the methods used were inaccurate - hence bible is still the truth. And also don't offer any actual valid papers or theory why the evidence is wrong.

Second, if evidence looks like it might just be vaguely interpreted as matching some incoherent goat herder rambling then it will be accepted along with the methods used and the chosen holy book will be held aloft with its brain washed followers proudly announcing 'see, if those silly-billy scientists just looked in the bible they would have saved so much time and effort, for the answer was there all along'.

You don't expect them to actually believe this science shit do you?

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user