DNC Clinton (aka Posterboy) Demonstrates Pwnage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2012, 12:33 PM
RE: DNC Clinton (aka Posterboy) Demonstrates Pwnage
(08-09-2012 12:28 PM)free2011 Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 11:09 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  What's wrong with getting it on in the White House? Humans are frisky little critters, I guarantee you that Bill wasn't the first and won't be the last president to do a little hanky panky in the oval office.

I'm of the belief that if you make a commitment to your partner you should uphold that commitment and not screw anything that walks through the door. Of course, I'm an atheist so what do I know about morals.

Simply because you believe it is wrong doesn't mean others do. Morals are different for everyone. I completely agree with you that one should keep their promises, but it did not affect his policy making or his leadership. Bill Clinton was one of the greatest presidents.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2012, 12:35 PM
For one, we can't forget how Christopher Hitchens went in on Clinton....

I'm not ignoring the fact that Clinton gave THE speech. Going through my head, prior to his speech, and then in analyzing it after, he not only covered the issues and topics that he had to address, but he communicated them precisely in the way they needed to be communicated in order to connect to the American people, on both the right and left.

I don't think we can ignore what Clinton is, however. Clinton is a politician plain and simple, point blank, period. Politics is his game, and he plays well.

What Hitchens pointed out to me was the fact that it would be extremely hypocritical of me, being a good person and one of the left, to have any amount of respect for Clinton as a human being, for doing some of the same things that the other side does; things that contribute to me standing where I do, and contribute to me despising a lot of those on the other side, mainly being extremely immoral and politically motivated.

Even agreeing with a lot of what Clinton said, in coming from him, you do have to account for the high levels of insincerity and hypocrisy of all of it. I can't hate someone like Paul Ryan for doing certain things in support of himself and the GOP, but on the other hand, because he is on my side, I'm okay with it coming from Clinton. With Paul Ryan there are things that make my feelings toward him worse, and the situation is different; but just in a broad sense, I have to be fair.

We have to keep in mind that what was being praised by Clinton, and by others at the DNC, in support of Barack Obama (basically: making tough decisions, doing the right thing, ignoring what was politically popular to do so, and thus laying a groundwork for a more safe, stable and secure, long-term economical and social outlook for all Americans) wouldn't have been the case under a Clinton presidency.

One of the main problems with Americans, generalizing, is that we see ourselves as winners and like winners and winning. The problem is that we don't care to take into account ethics or morality. At what cost? That isn't something that Americans tend to ask, especially when it comes to winning and looking at ethics and morality.

I hate to quote a crappy rapper to put things into perspective, but if....

"The plan was to drink until the pain over
But what’s worse, the pain or the hangover?"

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
08-09-2012, 12:49 PM
(08-09-2012 12:35 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  We have to keep in mind that what was being praised by Clinton, and by others at the DNC, in support of Barack Obama (basically: making tough decisions, doing the right thing, ignoring what was politically popular to do so, and thus laying a groundwork for a more safe, stable and secure, long-term economical and social outlook for all Americans) wouldn't have been the case under a Clinton presidency.

I think bringing Clinton's personal life decisions and comparing it to his policies is ridiculous.

And maybe they have an open marriage? There are such things.

Poonjab
08-09-2012, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 01:19 PM by TrulyX.)
(08-09-2012 12:49 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 12:35 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  We have to keep in mind that what was being praised by Clinton, and by others at the DNC, in support of Barack Obama (basically: making tough decisions, doing the right thing, ignoring what was politically popular to do so, and thus laying a groundwork for a more safe, stable and secure, long-term economical and social outlook for all Americans) wouldn't have been the case under a Clinton presidency.

I think bringing Clinton's personal life decisions and comparing it to his policies is ridiculous.

And maybe they have an open marriage? There are such things.

That would be an okay response if you are trying to be funny, or ironic, or if that was actually what I was referring to, specifically.

I can see what you are doing with the latter part; I was taking about his policies and his personal life, however.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
09-09-2012, 12:11 AM
(08-09-2012 12:28 PM)free2011 Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 11:09 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  What's wrong with getting it on in the White House? Humans are frisky little critters, I guarantee you that Bill wasn't the first and won't be the last president to do a little hanky panky in the oval office.

I'm of the belief that if you make a commitment to your partner you should uphold that commitment and not screw anything that walks through the door. Of course, I'm an atheist so what do I know about morals.

I'm not saying what he did was right, I'm saying that it was ages ago, it didn't effect his ability to be a president, it sure has effected his ability to speek in public, Hilary is obviously over it and so should the rest of America/World get over the fact he got it on with some random once or twice back in the day.

It's just sad that when such a fantastic speech is made all that comes to peoples mind is "oh he had an affair that one time", people make mistakes, they shouldn't have to suffer for it for their whole life (depending on the mistake, ie: murder/rap).

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-09-2012, 12:23 AM
I would gladly vote Clinton in as a life long Dictator.
09-09-2012, 01:12 AM
While witty arguments are nice.

WHY DO THEY NOT TELL US IN PLAIN ENGLISH WHAT THEIR PLANS ACTUALLY ARE

Probably the most frustrating thing about politics is they all make promises with out letting their plans speak for themselves.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
09-09-2012, 02:45 AM
(09-09-2012 01:12 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  While witty arguments are nice.

Probably the most frustrating thing about politics is they all make promises with out letting their plans speak for themselves.

If you have been monitoring Obama's policies in the past, it shouldn't be too different. If you want to know his plans, wait until the debates.

Poonjab
09-09-2012, 04:30 AM
(09-09-2012 01:12 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  While witty arguments are nice.

Says it at the start.
To provide poor people with the opportunity to grow into the middle class.
And to build a strong middle class.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ted Cruz is working for Hillary Clinton. GirlyMan 3 262 19-09-2013 09:01 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Hillary Clinton 2016? Misenhelter 65 1,958 14-04-2013 03:20 PM
Last Post: My proboscis sucks
  Favorite Bill Clinton Ass Chewings Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 2 327 10-05-2012 06:03 AM
Last Post: Logisch
  Hillary Clinton: We Can't Legalize Drugs Because 'There Is Just Too Much Money in It' GassyKitten 0 354 11-03-2011 04:17 PM
Last Post: GassyKitten