DNC Nomination Rigged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2017, 09:17 PM
DNC Nomination Rigged
Many suspected Hillary Clinton rigged the nomination process so that Bernie Sanders never really had a chance. Now, long time Clinton Ally Donna Brazile has all but confirmed this.

Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/...016-215774

Quote:I had promised Bernie when I took the helm of the Democratic National Committee after the convention that I would get to the bottom of whether Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the nomination process, as a cache of emails stolen by Russian hackers and posted online had suggested. I’d had my suspicions from the moment I walked in the door of the DNC a month or so earlier, based on the leaked emails. But who knew if some of them might have been forged? I needed to have solid proof, and so did Bernie.

Quote:By September 7, the day I called Bernie, I had found my proof and it broke my heart.

Quote:When I got back from a vacation in Martha’s Vineyard, I at last found the document that described it all: the Joint Fund-Raising Agreement between the DNC, the Hillary Victory Fund, and Hillary for America.

Quote:I had to keep my promise to Bernie. I was in agony as I dialed him. Keeping this secret was against everything that I stood for, all that I valued as a woman and as a public servant.

Quote:I told Bernie I had found Hillary’s Joint Fundraising Agreement. I explained that the cancer was that she had exerted this control of the party long before she became its nominee. Had I known this, I never would have accepted the interim chair position, but here we were with only weeks before the election.

Of course, read the whole thing. It is somewhat shocking that this is not getting more coverage. Donna Brazile is not just any old political hack. She has defended both Bill and Hillary Clinton over decades. She had to resign her commentator position with CNN due to accusations that she inappropriately shared debate questions with Hillary. When Debbie Wasserman-Schultz had to step down from running the DNC, Brazile was seen as a Clinton friendly interim replacement due to her many years of loyalty to the Clintons.

The DNC needs to purge any Clinton loyalists who were involved with this scheme. The party needs to get its house in order in order to be a viable opposition to the GOP and Trump. While I tend to vote Republican more than Democrat, Clinton's hold on the party must be broken to allow new leadership and to move beyond the Clinton era. It's crap like this that I have come to expect from Bill and Hillary Clinton that made me unwilling to vote for her even though I couldn't vote for Trump either.

I think this will be a good thing for the DNC in the long run to air this out, though in the short term it may not help much in the upcoming midterms to have this strife. But now is a better time to reorganize the party than during a presidential campaign.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BryanS's post
02-11-2017, 09:20 PM
RE: DNC Nomination Rigged
(02-11-2017 09:17 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Many suspected Hillary Clinton rigged the nomination process so that Bernie Sanders never really had a chance. Now, long time Clinton Ally Donna Brazile has all but confirmed this.

Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/...016-215774

Quote:I had promised Bernie when I took the helm of the Democratic National Committee after the convention that I would get to the bottom of whether Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the nomination process, as a cache of emails stolen by Russian hackers and posted online had suggested. I’d had my suspicions from the moment I walked in the door of the DNC a month or so earlier, based on the leaked emails. But who knew if some of them might have been forged? I needed to have solid proof, and so did Bernie.

Quote:By September 7, the day I called Bernie, I had found my proof and it broke my heart.

Quote:When I got back from a vacation in Martha’s Vineyard, I at last found the document that described it all: the Joint Fund-Raising Agreement between the DNC, the Hillary Victory Fund, and Hillary for America.

Quote:I had to keep my promise to Bernie. I was in agony as I dialed him. Keeping this secret was against everything that I stood for, all that I valued as a woman and as a public servant.

Quote:I told Bernie I had found Hillary’s Joint Fundraising Agreement. I explained that the cancer was that she had exerted this control of the party long before she became its nominee. Had I known this, I never would have accepted the interim chair position, but here we were with only weeks before the election.

Of course, read the whole thing. It is somewhat shocking that this is not getting more coverage. Donna Brazile is not just any old political hack. She has defended both Bill and Hillary Clinton over decades. She had to resign her commentator position with CNN due to accusations that she inappropriately shared debate questions with Hillary. When Debbie Wasserman-Schultz had to step down from running the DNC, Brazile was seen as a Clinton friendly interim replacement due to her many years of loyalty to the Clintons.

The DNC needs to purge any Clinton loyalists who were involved with this scheme. The party needs to get its house in order in order to be a viable opposition to the GOP and Trump. While I tend to vote Republican more than Democrat, Clinton's hold on the party must be broken to allow new leadership and to move beyond the Clinton era. It's crap like this that I have come to expect from Bill and Hillary Clinton that made me unwilling to vote for her even though I couldn't vote for Trump either.

I think this will be a good thing for the DNC in the long run to air this out, though in the short term it may not help much in the upcoming midterms to have this strife. But now is a better time to reorganize the party than during a presidential campaign.

This is not really new news, just confirmation of what anyone with some awareness already knew. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
02-11-2017, 09:28 PM
(02-11-2017 09:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  This is not really new news, just confirmation of what anyone with some awareness already knew. Drinking Beverage

So nothing to see here? That's a pretty lame reaction. This wasn't just politicking by Clinton--it was an outright purchase of the DNC.

Dona Brazile is telling us the new information that Clinton had a contract to financially control the DNC even before the voting began. Notwithstanding Brazile's claims that this was not illegal despite being unethical, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz would face legal liability for her conduct as the chair of the DNC if this was a for profit company. She had a fiduciary responsibility to disclose the financial condition of the DNC, and she covered that up to allow her ally to control the organization through a loan agreement.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
02-11-2017, 09:33 PM
(02-11-2017 09:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  ...
This is not really new news, just confirmation of what anyone with some awareness already knew. Drinking Beverage

Indeed. The Wikileaks told us all this, including the 'money laundering' part.

So the question is why is she now distancing herself from something with an "if only I'd known" position. Is it only to sell books?

And the timing of Tulsi Gabbard's speech to camera ... almost like she expected to be asked how much she knew about this before she resigned from the DNC.

People are positioning themselves ... something's afoot.

Consider

Conclusion:
If you want transparency in Government ... give everyone a book deal.

Angel

[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
02-11-2017, 09:45 PM
(02-11-2017 09:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Conclusion:
If you want transparency in Government ... give everyone a book deal.

Angel

lol...you may be onto something here.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
02-11-2017, 09:47 PM
(02-11-2017 09:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  This is not really new news, just confirmation of what anyone with some awareness already knew. Drinking Beverage

I would say that the confirmation is important. The information should be used to punish those involved and to prevent it from happening in the future.

Time will tell.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
02-11-2017, 09:53 PM
(02-11-2017 09:28 PM)BryanS Wrote:  

So nothing to see here? That's a pretty lame reaction. This wasn't just politicking by Clinton--it was an outright purchase of the DNC.

Dona Brazile is telling us the new information that Clinton had a contract to financially control the DNC even before the voting began. Notwithstanding Brazile's claims that this was not illegal despite being unethical, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz would face legal liability for her conduct as the chair of the DNC if this was a for profit company. She had a fiduciary responsibility to disclose the financial condition of the DNC, and she covered that up to allow her ally to control the organization through a loan agreement.

No, it was kinda obvious from my perspective. I'm not happy about it. I dunno if they didn't do something similar when Obama ran against her 2008.

It seemed a bit more glaringly obvious though with the '16 primary that the DNC had already picked Clinton. Really what they need to do is get rid of the idea of super delegates. The idea that the democrat governor (congress people or senator, whoever) of a state can essentially give a delegate to another candidate other than one picked by the majority in that state is just kinda wrong in my opinion. That's how Sanders ended up with winning a majority of a state but came out with fewer delegates? How does that happen...Oooh super delegates...Facepalm

It's also why some Sanders supporters were so pissed they actually voted for trump.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-11-2017, 10:14 PM
(02-11-2017 09:28 PM)BryanS Wrote:  

So nothing to see here? That's a pretty lame reaction.

[Image: im-okay-with-the-eve-nts-that-are-unfold...044406.png]

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
02-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I'd kinda heard rumors of this going on from the Bernie Sanders camp. She's still a million lightyears more sane and normal than the clueless-fucked-up-man-child-idiot-narcissist-asshole that won. Sheesh!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-11-2017, 10:19 PM
(02-11-2017 10:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yeah, I'd kinda heard rumors of this going on from the Bernie Sanders camp. She's still a million lightyears more sane and normal than the clueless-fucked-up-man-child-idiot-narcissist-asshole that won. Sheesh!

That's not exactly a plus if she wasted her intelligence destroying the democratic party.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post