DOS Attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2014, 05:15 AM
DOS Attack
For those of you who were unable to access the site earlier today - while I was distracted with my day job.

Before this we enjoyed roughly 40 days of uptime. I was almost ready to celebrate.

Denial of Service Notification

Droplet IP Address: 162.23.3.78

Date: 2014-03-11 00:07:22 UTC

Attack Rate: 1042883084 bits per second incoming

---

Our automated systems have detected an inbound Denial of Service attack against your droplet 162.23.3.78.

Due to the size and scale of this attack, we have been forced to temporarily suspend network connectivity to this droplet, in an effort to mitigate this attack.

Thankfully a friend of Seth stepped in while I was at work and is implementing a 3rd party service to protect the site against this sort of stuff. I will be working with him to make this site immune to future attacks like this.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like DeepThought's post
11-03-2014, 05:20 AM
RE: DOS Attack
Ah good, we do need a good firewall.

We must be pushing somebody's buttons.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-03-2014, 05:30 AM
If Dora the Explorer has taught me anything, besides Spanish (Min spanska ar bra, ingen stor sak oavsett), it's that when someone is trying to ruin your fun you need only to tell them to stop doing it three times and they will.

162.23.3.78 no DOS attacking

Problem solved.
Your welcome TTA.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 12 users Like earmuffs's post
11-03-2014, 06:49 AM
When people try to silence you through force, that's when you know you have something compelling.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 4 users Like Atothetheist's post
11-03-2014, 07:21 AM
I choose to blame... oh crap, who do I chose to blame today...

Fuckit, I chose to blame KC, because I'm a jerk, and Earmuffs, 'cause we're both jerks.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-03-2014, 07:27 AM
(11-03-2014 06:49 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  When people try to silence you through force, that's when you know you have something compelling.

Or you're being annoying as fuck and wont shut up.

I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves.Everybody's nerves.Everybody's nerves.I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves.And this is how it goes...
I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves.Everybody's nerves.Everybody's nerves.I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves.And this is how it goes...

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
11-03-2014, 08:57 AM
How does it go again ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 13 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-03-2014, 10:17 AM
This just means that the site is becoming bigger and more popular. I was wondering when those were going to start happening.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
11-03-2014, 10:23 AM
DT- thank you for handling 'it'. I don't really have an idea what the 'it' is even though you described it above, which is why I'm even more thankful that you do and are taking care of it.

you computer geeks that make the world go round ROCK! Thumbsup

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Muffs, ever heard of proxies and vpns?
Deep,cant you trace the atacker ?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....