DOS Attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: DOS Attack
(13-03-2014 10:19 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(13-03-2014 10:16 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What is up with that message. It's getting super annoying.

You'd think it would learn your IP after a while. It
also broke the link to Tapatalk Sad

This.
I agree with this.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2014, 12:23 PM
There is a clone of this thread that is about 5 pages. I responded to one of DLJ's comments here, but my response ended up in the clone thread where smercury responded that she couldn't even see DLJ's original comment.
Also is anyone else noticing that everyone with a negative rating is slowly rising up? Miss Meng's rating was -31 yesterday...
This is very suspicious to me considering the post asking for the ability to rate others...

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
13-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Yes it is! A lot of suspicious stuff going on here.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-03-2014, 12:59 PM
I just tried to post a new thread in BIZARRO-TTA world.....we named it in the other DOS thread (its behind a few pages) in the other world. when I clicked post it bumped me back here to REAL-TTA world.

In BIZARRO-WORLD- I didn't have pm's (or replies) that I read/wrote today.

Also in bizarro world, Chippy's profile says he was on yesterday at 2:28am. I didn't think banned members could log in, but maybe I'm wrong.

here's a link to his profile (that I picked up in bizarro-world) chippy profile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
13-03-2014, 01:00 PM
here's a link to bizarro-world DOS thread

bizarro world dos thread

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
13-03-2014, 01:02 PM
(13-03-2014 01:00 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  here's a link to bizarro-world DOS thread

bizarro world dos thread

I get "invalid search" when I hit your link.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
13-03-2014, 01:06 PM
(13-03-2014 01:02 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(13-03-2014 01:00 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  here's a link to bizarro-world DOS thread

bizarro world dos thread

I get "invalid search" when I hit your link.

I spent all morning in bizarro world also. Threads appearing and disappearing, posts appearing and disappearing, ability to open threads currently displayed but unable to refresh anything and what have you.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-03-2014, 01:10 PM
(13-03-2014 12:10 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(13-03-2014 10:19 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  You'd think it would learn your IP after a while. It
also broke the link to Tapatalk Sad

This.
I agree with this.

The only problem I could see with that is that not everyone has a static IP. Most home users have dynamic IP addresses. Now, while they don't change extremely frequently, the list of "known" IP addresses would grow pretty quickly with as many users as we have accessing the site. Further, that list would quickly become obsolete as IP addresses change. Even if the software links IP addresses to the user and purges old ones, you'd have issues with people logging in through multiple computers. I'm pretty sure if the admins looked up my IP addresses, they'd see at least 5 different addresses within the last few days. I have one static, but my home, mobile, friend's, etc IP addresses are all dynamic.

There may be a way to do it in the software, just spitballing here.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
13-03-2014, 01:16 PM
(13-03-2014 01:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(13-03-2014 12:10 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  This.
I agree with this.

The only problem I could see with that is that not everyone has a static IP. Most home users have dynamic IP addresses. Now, while they don't change extremely frequently, the list of "known" IP addresses would grow pretty quickly with as many users as we have accessing the site. Further, that list would quickly become obsolete as IP addresses change. Even if the software links IP addresses to the user and purges old ones, you'd have issues with people logging in through multiple computers. I'm pretty sure if the admins looked up my IP addresses, they'd see at least 5 different addresses within the last few days. I have one static, but my home, mobile, friend's, etc IP addresses are all dynamic.

There may be a way to do it in the software, just spitballing here.

Fair enough, but I was thinking more along the lines of cookies.

Atir aissom atir imon
13-03-2014, 02:50 PM
more "christ like" actions by the faithful no doubt.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)