DOS Attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 05:10 AM
RE: DOS Attack
Spoke to soon, cant get the post through, but everything else seems ok.

Trying #2 post

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2014, 07:59 AM
(17-03-2014 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 07:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  [Image: hobbitgollumblrg2.jpg]

We hates nasssty little hobbitses. yessss, my preciousss.

Why? Just because they're tricksy and false?
18-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Can somebody tell me if something's changed with the inner workings of the site lately? Ever since this DOS attack I've had to use my VPN to access the forum.. Why is China blocking me out? Weeping

It's just really inconvenient because my boyfriend and I have one VPN account between us, so I can't get on the forum anymore if he wants to use it :cry:

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
18-03-2014, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 05:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-03-2014 08:38 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Can somebody tell me if something's changed with the inner workings of the site lately? Ever since this DOS attack I've had to use my VPN to access the forum.. Why is China blocking me out? Weeping

My guess is China ain't blocking this site but rather that CloudFlare security is by default blocking China 'cause you know "Holy Mechanical Armies Batman! The Chinese are knocking!" Deep might be able to set you up with an exception to let your IP through if it's relatively static. Looks like HU.Junyuan is still able to post but that might just be because he's an agent of the Ministry of State Security and shit. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-03-2014, 11:35 PM
(18-03-2014 03:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 08:38 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Can somebody tell me if something's changed with the inner workings of the site lately? Ever since this DOS attack I've had to use my VPN to access the forum.. Why is China blocking me out? Weeping

My guess is China ain't blocking this site but rather that CloudFlare security is by default blocking China 'cause you know "Holy Mechanical Armies Batman! The Chinese are knocking!" Deep might be able to set you up with an exception to let your IP through if it's relatively static. Looks like HU.Junyuan is still able to post but that might just be because he's an agent of the Ministry of State Security and shit. Big Grin

So apparently I can access the forum fine at work, but not from home! WTF! Maybe something's wrong with my iPad......... Sadcryface2

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
19-03-2014, 02:49 AM
Did something happen last night? (I'm in the UK so not sure what time it would have been for others)

I tried to log in on my phone but I got a you've been banned message. I thought that weird as I do not think I have done anything to warrant a ban. So I fired up my laptop and tried from there and got a page does not exist message. I'm now on my work computer and everything seems well again.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
19-03-2014, 08:39 AM
(19-03-2014 02:49 AM)Eva Wrote:  Did something happen last night? (I'm in the UK so not sure what time it would have been for others)

I tried to log in on my phone but I got a you've been banned message. I thought that weird as I do not think I have done anything to warrant a ban. So I fired up my laptop and tried from there and got a page does not exist message. I'm now on my work computer and everything seems well again.

Same here, about 6-8pm (PFC)

Atir aissom atir imon
19-03-2014, 09:39 AM
(12-03-2014 07:00 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 06:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Has the "Dirty Jobs" dude done that one yet? Not sure I can think of a dirtier one. ... just fuckin' nasty. No

Don't believe so although he they did do an episode in the same town where I worked as a Corrections Officer with him working in the salt mine!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strataca

Edit: The bowels of Kansas are indeed salty!

is THAT why my poop burns? I was starting to wonder...

-Fellow Kansan-
[+] 1 user Likes retroviral's post
19-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Alright, this is really beginning to piss me off! Either we are being hit with a DoS attack every 4 hours or Cloudflare is shit!Hobo

My money is one the second one!Angry

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 3 users Like Crulax's post
19-03-2014, 09:47 PM
This sucks, I'm not on here a whole lot, and when it takes forever to get on...grrrrrrrrr
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post