DOS Attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: DOS Attack
I just want to shout at the top of my lungs SHIT, PISS, FUCK, CUNT, COCKSUCKER, MOTHERFUCKER and TITS!

This is so frustrating.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
20-03-2014, 02:51 PM
(20-03-2014 02:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I just want to shout at the top of my lungs SHIT, PISS, FUCK, CUNT, COCKSUCKER, MOTHERFUCKER and TITS!

This is so frustrating.

LMAO, love Carlin, and even bought that album back then, my buddies and I must of listened to that a million times..... and it was even better when we were stoned. Laugh out load

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
20-03-2014, 02:53 PM
(20-03-2014 02:51 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 02:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I just want to shout at the top of my lungs SHIT, PISS, FUCK, CUNT, COCKSUCKER, MOTHERFUCKER and TITS!

This is so frustrating.

LMAO, love Carlin, and even bought that album back then, my buddies and I must of listened to that a million times..... and it was even better when we were stoned. Laugh out load

No shit?

Big Grin

TTA working better at the moment

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-03-2014, 03:00 PM
I posted this in LadyDay's intro thread when she joked that we should pray about it. Since I posted, the site has been running again. If it holds, I'm totally taking credit for it.

(20-03-2014 02:52 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 02:21 PM)LadyDay Wrote:  Thanks War Horse. Yes, I'm getting a terrible impression from these server problems. Maybe if we all said down and prayed about it.... Wink

"Our website, who art in servers, HTML be thy name. Thy bandwidth come. Thy coding done, in Python as it is in Java. Give us this day our daily thread. And forgive us our typos as we forgive those who typo against us. Lead us not into refreshing, but deliver us from DOSing. For thine is the keyboard, and the monitor, and the forum, for ever and ever. Amen."

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
20-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Seems to be working normal on my end too...... for now. Drinking Beverage

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
21-03-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm ok with you guys complaining and bitching cause downtime is frustrating and it's cathartic to have an outlet to vent.

I can't really blame cloudflare for everything because the issues we are having aren't all caused by that. It's a bit more complicated.

When the cloudflare security setting is lowered it removes the browser check which then allows tapatalk users to access the site again. It also allows through more of the unwanted traffic which causes server load to go through the roof.

Put it back to under attack mode and server load drops again but there is glitchyness.

Try to remember when the ddos started - the site was completely down for a while.

When I first started the server on the new host I installed Munin to monitor what is happening on the server. Here are some graphs which show the ddos attacks over the last week.

[Image: cpu-week.png]
[Image: fw_packets-week.png]
[Image: if_eth0-week.png]

The error some of you mentioned is caused by this server becoming non-responsive due to ddos.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 6 users Like DeepThought's post
21-03-2014, 10:09 PM
(21-03-2014 10:03 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I'm ok with you guys complaining and bitching cause downtime is frustrating and it's cathartic to have an outlet to vent.

I can't really blame cloudflare for everything because the issues we are having aren't all caused by that. It's a bit more complicated.

When the cloudflare security setting is lowered it removes the browser check which then allows tapatalk users to access the site again. It also allows through more of the unwanted traffic which causes server load to go through the roof.

Put it back to under attack mode and server load drops again but there is glitchyness.

Try to remember when the ddos started - the site was completely down for a while.

When I first started the server on the new host I installed Munin to monitor what is happening on the server. Here are some graphs which show the ddos attacks over the last week.

[Image: cpu-week.png]
[Image: fw_packets-week.png]
[Image: if_eth0-week.png]

The error some of you mentioned is caused by this server becoming non-responsive due to ddos.

Ah, look how much people love us!Heart

Thanks for the info!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
21-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Idiot's.... I mean layman's terms? Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
21-03-2014, 11:22 PM
(21-03-2014 10:16 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Idiot's.... I mean layman's terms? Angel

It's all your fault. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-03-2014, 11:41 PM
(21-03-2014 11:22 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 10:16 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Idiot's.... I mean layman's terms? Angel

It's all your fault. Angel

You'll need three unforgivable curses to rid me, dark one.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco