Dafuq is this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: Dafuq is this?
(20-09-2016 01:06 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 12:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I can see why they tased him -- when the police are questioning you and telling you to keep your hands up, you do not walk over to your car and reach inside of it. But he was already down on the ground and helpless when they shot him. To that I can only say "Dafuq is this?" What were they thinking?

He was not shot on the ground. You can see the blood on the vehicle.

He was shot because he was attempting to get into the vehicle. Taser was deployed but did not stop him. He refused commands to not open the door but was trying to open the door.

If you are non compliant and attempt to reach into a vehicle you will be shot.

These videos are low-resolution with poor sound, so it's hard to tell exactly what happened. However, a friend of mine found another video that shows that he was still standing up when the first shot was fired.

I still don't know exactly what happened and what they were telling him, but when he was out in the middle of the road, it's hard to believe that they would tell him to walk over to his car. And if he actually was reaching inside the car (again, this is hard to tell from any of these videos), he was asking for it. If he had just stood still out in the middle of the road with his hands up, I don't think any of this would have happened.

It would help if we had good enough audio to know what they were telling him to do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
20-09-2016, 01:14 PM
(20-09-2016 01:06 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  He was not shot on the ground. You can see the blood on the vehicle.

Yeah and on the window he was trying to reach into too. Never heard of blood splatter Dexter?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
20-09-2016, 01:17 PM
In a lot of shootings I have seen in murica the cops never really seem in a rush to administer first aid to those who they shoot.

Why is that?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
20-09-2016, 01:20 PM
(20-09-2016 01:17 PM)bemore Wrote:  In a lot of shootings I have seen in murica the cops never really seem in a rush to administer first aid to those who they shoot.

Why is that?

They are busy calling their union leader.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-09-2016, 01:22 PM
(20-09-2016 01:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 01:17 PM)bemore Wrote:  In a lot of shootings I have seen in murica the cops never really seem in a rush to administer first aid to those who they shoot.

Why is that?

They are busy calling their union leader.

Who's that? Judge Dredd?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
20-09-2016, 01:35 PM
(20-09-2016 01:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I still don't know exactly what happened and what they were telling him, but when he was out in the middle of the road, it's hard to believe that they would tell him to walk over to his car.

I see you've never had your own "Up against the car motherfucker!" experience. It's pretty much routine around here when they're about to commence a body search and frisk.

20-09-2016, 01:41 PM
(20-09-2016 01:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  However, a friend of mine found another video that shows that he was still standing up when the first shot was fired.

Well there was only one shot. And you just gonna tease me and let the video lie there like that without giving me the url?

20-09-2016, 01:43 PM
(20-09-2016 01:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 01:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I still don't know exactly what happened and what they were telling him, but when he was out in the middle of the road, it's hard to believe that they would tell him to walk over to his car.

I see you've never had your own "Up against the car motherfucker!" experience. It's pretty much routine around here when they're about to commence a body search and frisk.

Nope. Never been in that situation.

But like I said, I can't hear anything that the cops on the scene are saying -- only the ones commenting on it. So I have no idea what they were telling him to do. It sure would help to know that.
20-09-2016, 01:49 PM
(20-09-2016 01:43 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 01:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I see you've never had your own "Up against the car motherfucker!" experience. It's pretty much routine around here when they're about to commence a body search and frisk.

Nope. Never been in that situation.

But like I said, I can't hear anything that the cops on the scene are saying -- only the ones commenting on it. So I have no idea what they were telling him to do. It sure would help to know that.

The Tulsa police department received over $500,000 from the Federales for bodycams. But regardless of what they were saying the shooting was clearly not justified. The police chief has already intimated as much.

20-09-2016, 11:10 PM
There's not much to discuss here that hasn't been thrashed to inconclusive emotional shrapnel but I did find it interesting that in the opening moments of the video as the police car is enroute in emergency mode NONE of the other traffic it encounters reacts by pulling over or stopping. To reuse Girly's thread title here, dafuq is up with THAT?