Dafuq is this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2016, 01:14 AM
RE: Dafuq is this?
(20-09-2016 11:10 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  There's not much to discuss here that hasn't been thrashed to inconclusive emotional shrapnel but I did find it interesting that in the opening moments of the video as the police car is enroute in emergency mode NONE of the other traffic it encounters reacts by pulling over or stopping. To reuse Girly's thread title here, dafuq is up with THAT?

The first two cars the cruiser passes pull over to the side of the road and stop.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2016, 08:34 AM
(20-09-2016 11:40 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is why Black Lives Matter even exists. Not much room for interpretation there. The white woman felt threatened for her life because dude was black is all I can figure.

(couldn't find the thread I wanted to add this to)

If it is too early to jump to conclusions, is also it too early to know why this encounter was happening at all?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
21-09-2016, 08:54 AM
(20-09-2016 01:17 PM)bemore Wrote:  In a lot of shootings I have seen in murica the cops never really seem in a rush to administer first aid to those who they shoot.

Why is that?

It's not at the top of their priorities. In their mind, they probably consider it a favor to the guy on the ground.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
21-09-2016, 09:39 AM
(21-09-2016 08:54 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 01:17 PM)bemore Wrote:  In a lot of shootings I have seen in murica the cops never really seem in a rush to administer first aid to those who they shoot.

Why is that?

It's not at the top of their priorities. In their mind, they probably consider it a favor to the guy on the ground.

While I am not entirely sure about what exactly went down here, I found the lack of care for the injured party appalling. That should always be the most urgent task.

Perhaps it was clear that he was dead already - did he die instantly?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-09-2016, 10:08 AM
(21-09-2016 09:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 08:54 AM)tomilay Wrote:  It's not at the top of their priorities. In their mind, they probably consider it a favor to the guy on the ground.

While I am not entirely sure about what exactly went down here, I found the lack of care for the injured party appalling. That should always be the most urgent task.

That brings up the question of why he wasn't tazed first. Or at least if they're going to shoot, just wing the guy enough to disable him. Why the shoot to kill method?
21-09-2016, 10:29 AM
(21-09-2016 10:08 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 09:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  While I am not entirely sure about what exactly went down here, I found the lack of care for the injured party appalling. That should always be the most urgent task.

That brings up the question of why he wasn't tazed first. Or at least if they're going to shoot, just wing the guy enough to disable him. Why the shoot to kill method?

The video suggests he was tazed before he was shot. Or maybe they thought he was tazed but really he was shot.

Cops are taught to always shoot to kill or not shoot at all.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-09-2016, 12:00 PM
(21-09-2016 09:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 08:54 AM)tomilay Wrote:  It's not at the top of their priorities. In their mind, they probably consider it a favor to the guy on the ground.

Appalling indeed. First aid seems absent in most of the shootings as bemore observed. In fact this shooting is the first time I have seen it administered at all.

21-09-2016, 12:09 PM
As I understand it, the "normal" procedure in apprehending a suspect is:

- turn around (facing away)
- both hands in the air
- walk backwards towards officer (slowly)
- lie on the ground
- legs spread
- hands behind back
- apply cuffs
- clear vehicle

It appeared that none of these things happened. Why not?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-09-2016, 12:21 PM
(21-09-2016 12:09 PM)SYZ Wrote:  As I understand it, the "normal" procedure in apprehending a suspect is:

- turn around (facing away)
- both hands in the air
- walk backwards towards officer (slowly)
- lie on the ground
- legs spread
- hands behind back
- apply cuffs
- clear vehicle

It appeared that none of these things happened. Why not?

The tape doesn't let us hear the commands given by the officers - it does say he is ignoring commands though. If they gave the commands, he ignored them.

21-09-2016, 12:22 PM
So here's how the Tulsa Police Chief described the events. I did a little research on Chuck Jordan and was quite impressed. His ethics look beyond reproach. He came in 2010 promising to clean up some "problems" within the ranks of TPD. It appears he's trying to keep his promise even going so far as questioning the legality of some of the practices of TPD's sister Tulsa Sheriff Department. I think I believe him when he says they will get justice.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post