Dafuq is this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2016, 12:26 PM
RE: Dafuq is this?
(21-09-2016 12:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  The tape doesn't let us hear the commands given by the officers - it does say he is ignoring commands though. If they gave the commands, he ignored them.

I see you haven't had your own "Up against the car motherfucker!" experiences either. A standard command prior to doing a search and frisk is "Put your hands on the car and spread your legs." Having performed that particular action myself a few times, looked to me like that was exactly what he was doing. So it is not necessarily so that he was ignoring commands.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-09-2016, 12:40 PM
(21-09-2016 12:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 12:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  The tape doesn't let us hear the commands given by the officers - it does say he is ignoring commands though. If they gave the commands, he ignored them.

I see you haven't had your own "Up against the car motherfucker!" experiences either. A standard command prior to doing a search and frisk is "Put your hands on the car and spread your legs." Having performed that particular action myself a few times, looked to me like that was exactly what he was doing. So it is not necessarily so that he was ignoring commands.

I was arrested once (for weed) and no one told me to spread my legs or called me a motherfucker. I wasn't even hand cuffed, they just told me to get in the police car. But then I was a pretty white woman in her early 20s. Privileged on several counts.

In any case, the video shows no evidence regarding commands given one way or the other. I am just sticking with the evidence here. I hear there are other videos out there. I haven't seen them.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-09-2016, 12:57 PM
(21-09-2016 12:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 12:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I see you haven't had your own "Up against the car motherfucker!" experiences either. A standard command prior to doing a search and frisk is "Put your hands on the car and spread your legs." Having performed that particular action myself a few times, looked to me like that was exactly what he was doing. So it is not necessarily so that he was ignoring commands.

I was arrested once (for weed) and no one told me to spread my legs or called me a motherfucker. I wasn't even hand cuffed, they just told me to get in the police car. But then I was a pretty white woman in her early 20s. Privileged on several counts.

In any case, the video shows no evidence regarding commands given one way or the other. I am just sticking with the evidence here. I hear there are other videos out there. I haven't seen them.

Mostly good guys. The problem, IMO, arises when they have to cover for the bad apples among them. Then people are left with no choice but to lump them together as part and parcel of the same problem.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
21-09-2016, 01:02 PM
(21-09-2016 12:57 PM)tomilay Wrote:  The problem, IMO, arises when they have to cover for the bad apples among them. Then people are left with no choice but to lump them together as part and parcel of the same problem.
Respectfully, I disagree. Lumping them together is what many people do, but they do have a choice.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
21-09-2016, 01:10 PM
(21-09-2016 12:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  I was arrested once ...

I was never arrested but I have been searched after told to exit my vehicle and that's what they told me to do. How were you searched?

(21-09-2016 12:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  and no one told me to spread my legs or called me a motherfucker.

Nobody remembers The Lower East Side Band no more. Weeping

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-09-2016, 01:29 PM
"we will achieve justice"

I feel that this statement can be interpreted in many different ways.

Also, over here in the UK when the Soldier Lee Rigby was beheaded in the middle of the road in Woolwhich, both his killers were shot, however as soon as they were neutralised the cops immediately administer first aid, something I feel your cops in the US should also do every single time.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
21-09-2016, 01:42 PM
(21-09-2016 01:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I was never arrested but I have been searched after told to exit my vehicle and that's what they told me to do. How were you searched?

I wasn't. I was taken to jail, never mirandized or questioned, released on bail. When I went to my court date, I sat there waiting all day. Finally went to the records office and found out my case was dropped. They screwed it all up I suppose. They upset me though and I had to go home to smoke some more weed. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
21-09-2016, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2016 01:51 PM by Gloucester.)
(21-09-2016 01:29 PM)bemore Wrote:  "we will achieve justice"

I feel that this statement can be interpreted in many different ways.

Also, over here in the UK when the Soldier Lee Rigby was beheaded in the middle of the road in Woolwhich, both his killers were shot, however as soon as they were neutralised the cops immediately administer first aid, something I feel your cops in the US should also do every single time.

After all, good to have the criminal fit for trial and able to fully suffer whatever comes next.
But, if it is an innocent person that is shot and they die from "negligence" . . . Perhaps the police need to do the suffering to the same extent?

Added: But then, we Brits do not live in a land where guns are so ubiquitous. "As ye sow . . ."

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
21-09-2016, 01:50 PM
OK, this is totally off topic. Offtopic but every time I see the word "Dafuq" in a thread I think it's some fancy French word. It takes me a few seconds to register in my brain as an English curse word.

Carry on.......

Popcorn

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-09-2016, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2016 02:01 PM by Fireball.)
(21-09-2016 01:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

(21-09-2016 12:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  and no one told me to spread my legs or called me a motherfucker.

Nobody remembers The Lower East Side Band no more. Weeping

I have that album. This version is sans siren, though.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post