Dafuq is this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Dafuq is this?
(21-09-2016 10:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  Cops are taught to always shoot to kill or not shoot at all.

Not really. They are taught to shoot at center of mass to increase the likelihood of actually hitting the target.

Shooting to wound or disable is a movie thing, not a real life and death thing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-09-2016, 07:11 PM
(21-09-2016 07:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 10:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  Cops are taught to always shoot to kill or not shoot at all.

Not really. They are taught to shoot at center of mass to increase the likelihood of actually hitting the target.

Shooting to wound or disable is a movie thing, not a real life and death thing.

The problem is the desire to shoot first, ask questions later.

Like how Robert Johnson died.

"Shoot 'em all down and sort them out on the ground".

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
21-09-2016, 07:15 PM
(21-09-2016 01:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  OK, this is totally off topic. Offtopic but every time I see the word "Dafuq" in a thread I think it's some fancy French word. It takes me a few seconds to register in my brain as an English curse word.

Carry on.......

Popcorn

It's similar; the French phrase is 'de fucque'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-09-2016, 07:18 PM
(21-09-2016 07:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 01:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  OK, this is totally off topic. Offtopic but every time I see the word "Dafuq" in a thread I think it's some fancy French word. It takes me a few seconds to register in my brain as an English curse word.

Carry on.......

Popcorn

It's similar; the French phrase is 'de fucque'.

Smartypants. Dodgy

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
21-09-2016, 08:36 PM
(21-09-2016 04:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If black people really cared for the lives of other black people, protesting white cops shooting black people would be very far down the list. Black lives matter is nothing to do with black lives and all about economic segregation and poor people being stupid fuckheads.

Wow. You really have no clue as to how the systemic racial bias has played out in the US.

Black lives matter started in response to the shooting of unarmed black men, but in essence is a greater response to racism in general, albeit used as an excuse to riot for any incident that happens whether warranted or not. Which is unfortunate, because it could be a strong way to have a much needed conversation within our society.

The true activists have nothing to do with the riots.

But at the same time, if you have any empathy for the conditions that most urban African American people are forced to live in, all out anarchy doesn't seem to be that much of a stretch as opposed to the abysmal opportunities they are given to better the situation themselves.

The rest of us go about our day and shake our heads at the crazy headlines. And that's about it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
21-09-2016, 08:43 PM
(21-09-2016 08:36 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Wow. You really have no clue as to how the systemic racial bias has played out in the US.

Black lives matter started in response to the shooting of unarmed black men, but in essence is a greater response to racism in general, albeit used as an excuse to riot for any incident that happens whether warranted or not. Which is unfortunate, because it could be a strong way to have a much needed conversation within our society.

But at the same time, if you have any empathy for the conditions that most urban African American people are forced to live in, all out anarchy doesn't seem to be that much of a stretch as opposed to the abysmal opportunities they are given to better the situation themselves.

The rest of us go about our day and shake our heads at the crazy headlines. And that's about it.

And to think the Watts riots were so long ago.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Well that was quick. They charged officer Shelby with first degree manslaughter. I wonder if forensics showed from the angle of entry that dude was already on the ground from the taser? They would've known that almost as soon as the body arrived at the medical examiner's.

#sigh
22-09-2016, 05:20 PM
(22-09-2016 05:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well that was quick. They charged officer Shelby with first degree manslaughter. I wonder if forensics showed from the angle of entry that dude was already on the ground from the taser? They would've known that almost as soon as the body arrived at the medical examiner's.

I was surprised by the speed of this charge as well, I wonder if she may have confessed to something.
22-09-2016, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2016 06:29 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(21-09-2016 08:36 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 04:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If black people really cared for the lives of other black people, protesting white cops shooting black people would be very far down the list. Black lives matter is nothing to do with black lives and all about economic segregation and poor people being stupid fuckheads.

Wow. You really have no clue as to how the systemic racial bias has played out in the US.

Complete bullshit. They choose to live this way.

I grew up in some bad neighborhoods in CA. Went to some bad schools. I watched kids that had the same opportunity as I did join gangs, start drugs, rob stores. For no damn reason other than "school is dumb. Work is for idiots."

This idea that they have it bad is true. But its their own doing. The black kids that chose to study, stay in school, dress nice so they can get a job interview or join the military ended up succeeding.

We all have the same opportunity now. Any kid no matter their race can attend a public school through high school. They can eat lunch and usually breakfast there for reduced price or free. They don't have to join gangs. Start drugs. Get involved in criminal activity. They CHOOSE to. The fact that poor white kids, poor asian, poor hispanic and other poor blacks in the same areas succeed are proof anyone can do it.

Great point starts at 7:15

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
22-09-2016, 06:21 PM
(22-09-2016 06:11 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We all have the same opportunity now.

Well shit, somebody go tell those uppity protesters to be quiet and go home then.

"It's all okay now, people. We all have the same opportunities! Lord Dark Helmet said so, and he's from some bad neighborhoods so we can be sure he's right!

Just go get a job and be successful."

Thumbsup

Now I'll agree that rioting is useless and stupid, but people are protesting because there is something wrong, and has been for a very, very long time.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post