Daily youtube video w/ breakdown: aka Happy Time Dance Party BBQ Sauce

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 02:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 02:56 AM by ddrew.)
RE: Daily youtube video w/ breakdown: aka Happy Time Dance Party BBQ Sauce
This is not guitar hero.... this be the REAL DEAL! ... Slayer - Raining Blood... plus bonus song called Black Magic! Enjoy......

Now .. dang.. if your not headbanging by the end of this video.... somthing is wrong.... metal is not for you.. go find a corner somehere that is safe.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
06-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Nothing too deep about this one. Every time I watch this video I have to either go to the gym or hit my punching bag to keep all the pumped up-edness from exploding my head.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
06-01-2012, 07:19 AM
A song close to my heart , especially because of the aggressive presentation and the message of rising up , especially against ignorance and waking up the world.
First death metal band I heard and it clicked. Just clicked.
Also , Angela Gossow is hot.
(and don't ask what she sounds like in bed , almost every single vid on YT has that comment)

Here are the lyrics :

Tear down the walls
Wake up the world
Ignorance is not bliss
So fed up with second best
Our time is here and now

I am the enemy
I am the antidote
Watch me closely
I will stand up - now

We will rise
Rise above

Stereotype Fools
Playing the game
Nothing unique
They all look the same
In this sea of mediocrity
I can be anything
Anything I want to be

We will rise

Buddy : Is the one post per day limit absolute to all members ? Or is it one post per day per member ??
-don't run me over with you tank if I misunderstood the rules Sad

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
06-01-2012, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 10:17 PM by cufflink.)
Well, this isn't exactly Happy Time Dance Party music.

It's the saddest, bleakest, most poignant song I know . . . but also one of the most beautiful.

"Der Leiermann" -- "The Organ Grinder" (or: "The Hurdy-Gurdy Man") -- is the last song of Schubert's great song cycle, "Winterreise" (Winter Journey). The cycle tells the story of a man recently abandoned by his beloved, who sets out on a solitary journey through the countryside in winter. Everything he sees--snow, a frozen stream, a crow, a graveyard--reminds him of how he was jilted by the girl he loves. At the end he becomes unhinged. He sees an old, broken-down organ grinder playing barefoot on the ice and asks if he can go with him.

The performance I chose is by the famous Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, with Alfred Brendel at the piano. This one with Thomas Quasthoff is jaw-droppingly beautiful on the vocal side, but I'm not a fan of what Daniel Barenboim does with the accompaniment. It's worth listening to, though, for another take on a great piece of music.

German text and translation below.

Der Leiermann
Text by Wilhelm Müller

Drüben hinterm Dorfe

Steht ein Leiermann

Und mit starren Fingern

Dreht er was er kann.

Over there beyond the village

Stands an organ-grinder,

And with numb fingers

He plays as best he can.

Barfuß auf dem Eise

Wankt er hin und her

Und sein kleiner Teller

Bleibt ihm immer leer.

Barefoot on the ice,

He totters here and there,

And his little plate

Is always empty.

Keiner mag ihn hören,

Keiner sieht ihn an,

Und die Hunde knurren

Um den alten Mann.

No one listens to him,

No one notices him,

And the dogs growl

Around the old man.

Und er läßt es gehen,

Alles wie es will,

Dreht, und seine Leier
Steht ihm nimmer still.

And he just lets it happen,

As it will,

Plays, and his hurdy-gurdy

Is never still.

Wunderlicher Alter!

Soll ich mit dir geh'n ?

Willst zu meinen Liedern

Deine Leier dreh'n ?

Strange old man,

Shall I go with you?

Will you play your organ

To my songs ?

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
07-01-2012, 11:16 AM
(06-01-2012 06:36 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Well, this isn't exactly Happy Time Dance Party music.

OKay okay, ... HAPPY TIME DANCE PARTY music.... here we go...

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
10-06-2012, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2012 07:37 PM by Buddy Christ.)
I'm digging up this old post cause I periodically want to talk about and share music.

Today's pick is Pendulum ft. In Flames - Self vs Self

0:02 No messing around, the song explodes into your ears.

0:43 The drum roll lead-in to pure awesomeness. I feel like throwing a refrigerator through my window and jumping out after it. Or being set on fire and shot out of a cannon into a pit of wolverines.

1:10 I tend to like these types of songs. A hint of screamo to set the tone, interspersed with a melodic chorus, a la All That Remains.

And breaking my own rule and posting two videos... this one's good when smoking weed. Nice to stare at and nice to put on repeat on full blast with headphones on. 0:41 blows a hole in my shorts.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
13-06-2012, 03:16 PM

I like the part where mentions that she doesn't want to be a crappy housewife.
Just kidding, the song sucks ass.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]