Dailymail: Precisely half of a tower block is blown down in China

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2014, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2014 12:55 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
RE: Dailymail: Precisely half of a tower block is blown down in China
(13-04-2014 09:46 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  There's this too...

http://www.businessinsider.com/liu-zhiju...ion-2013-4

As for the toxic toy case, I ran a online search with keyword of toy, recall, toxic and paint. From the results I think you were referring to the RC2 and Mattel cases of 2007 with 1.5 million and 0.967 million toys recalled respectively, in which the paint contained lead and were harmful to children.

Then I ran a search with those keywords + death penalty(and later the singal character for "death"), there was no positive result. So, I think no one has been sentenced to death because of it (possibly because that the harm done was potential ?)

And for Liu Zhijun, the ousted railways minister, he indeed has been sentenced to death for bribe-taking and abuse of authority, plus, with 2 years of probation, after which time and if he hasn't done anything illegal again, he will escape death and enjoy his "life" in prison.

Though having said so, I do believe this guy must have done some pretty faeces-like jobs. Yet committing that alone doesn't seem to get near to a bullet or a syringe, with a maximum of 7 years as stated in article 397 of our criminal law.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
14-04-2014, 10:01 AM
(13-04-2014 11:28 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(13-04-2014 09:46 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  There's this too...

http://www.businessinsider.com/liu-zhiju...ion-2013-4

As for the toxic toy case, I ran a online search with keyword of toy, recall, toxic and paint. From the results I think you were referring to the RC2 and Mattel cases of 2007 with 1.5 million and 0.967 million toys recalled respectively, in which the paint contained lead and were harmful to children.

Then I ran a search with those keywords + death penalty(and later the singal character for "death"), there was no positive result. So, I think no one has been sentenced to death because of it (possibly because that the harm done was potential ?)

And for Liu Zhijun, the ousted railways minister, he indeed has been sentenced to death for bribe-taking and abuse of authority, plus, with 2 years of probation, after which time and if he hasn't done anything illegal again, he will escape death and enjoy his "life" in prison.

Though having said so, I do believe this guy must have done some pretty faeces-like jobs. Yet committing that alone doesn't seem to get near to a bullet or a syringe, with a maximum of 7 years as stated in article 397 of our criminal law.

Well, maybe not then...

I'm sure I heard the toy fella had received the death sentence, but perhaps it was repealed. It was a while ago, so I might be confusing it with something else.

But I do seem to hear all the time that people in China are facing the death penalty for some quite minor offences. Whether or not they actually receive it I don't know.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2014, 03:04 PM
(13-04-2014 11:28 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  As for the toxic toy case, I ran a online search with keyword of toy, recall, toxic and paint. From the results I think you were referring to the RC2 and Mattel cases of 2007 with 1.5 million and 0.967 million toys recalled respectively, in which the paint contained lead and were harmful to children.

Dude offed himself.

#sigh
14-04-2014, 04:34 PM
(14-04-2014 03:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-04-2014 11:28 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  As for the toxic toy case, I ran a online search with keyword of toy, recall, toxic and paint. From the results I think you were referring to the RC2 and Mattel cases of 2007 with 1.5 million and 0.967 million toys recalled respectively, in which the paint contained lead and were harmful to children.

Dude offed himself.

I'll never look at Buzz Lightyear the same way again.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
14-04-2014, 06:53 PM
(14-04-2014 10:01 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  But I do seem to hear all the time that people in China are facing the death penalty for some quite minor offences. Whether or not they actually receive it I don't know.

Well, at least you now know how to contact a myth buster when you get interested in a China related rumor, do you not ?

[Image: bee3ef62gw1ef7zd61ohng201e01emxc.gif]

14-04-2014, 07:45 PM
(14-04-2014 06:53 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(14-04-2014 10:01 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  But I do seem to hear all the time that people in China are facing the death penalty for some quite minor offences. Whether or not they actually receive it I don't know.

Well, at least you now know how to contact a myth buster when you get interested in a China related rumor, do you not ?

Alright, as long as you promise to turn up in a classic yet heavily modified hearse, wielding a futuristic looking gun that shoots green rings...

That's how the professionals do it... Big Grin

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
15-04-2014, 10:53 AM
(14-04-2014 06:53 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  

I heard Chinese people have been secretly been breeding dragons deep underground and keep them trained for warfare for when they inevitably go to war with America. Is it true?

Also, do you put pee-pee in our Coke?

15-04-2014, 05:48 PM
(15-04-2014 10:53 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(14-04-2014 06:53 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Well, at least you now know how to contact a myth buster when you get interested in a China related rumor, do you not ?

I heard Chinese people have been secretly been breeding dragons deep underground and keep them trained for warfare for when they inevitably go to war with America. Is it true?

I wondered why Coke tastes like piss...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
15-04-2014, 08:05 PM
(15-04-2014 10:53 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I heard Chinese people have been secretly been breeding dragons deep underground and keep them trained for warfare for when they inevitably go to war with America. Is it true?

Coke ? We also are victums of their secret recipe, alright ? As for drinks, I put dried and sliced hawthorn fruits and Astragalus stems in boiling water and drink the liquid when it get cool. Werid taste also, but good for health.

Even if we Chinese had secretly bred a battalion of longs (a gracefully length creature, not those flying paunchy lizardz), we are still humble before the South Koreans, who have already claimed
1. to have a recorded history of 9200 years,
2. to breed the Chinese civilization 8000 years ago (a history textbook of 1992),
3. to have taught the ancestors of Chinese to tame the great floods,
4. to have invented inscriptions on oracle bones (from one of their famous professors) and consequently the Han Zi (the Chinese characters),
5. to have invented movable-type printing (there is a museum for that),
6. to be the ancestors of the Mongolians who later invaded Europe,
7. to have own the rights to Duan Wu and Feng Shui,
as well as a list of other things of Chinese origin that the South Koreans are applying for world heritage.

The U.S. has military bases in South Korea ?

This thing alone is something the Chinese will have to look up to, for ... eternity ?
[Image: bee3ef62gw1ef7zb6ocz0g201e01et8r.gif]

15-04-2014, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2014 08:20 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
DELETED FOR HAVING REPEATED.