Dale Hansen: Michael Sam and the NFL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Dale Hansen: Michael Sam and the NFL
WFAA's sports anchor Dale Hansen delivers a scathing indictment against the NFL over Michael Sam being a third or a fourth round draft pick for the NFL.

Despite being the best defensive player in collegiate football, Sam probably will be a third to fifth round draft pick.

This is because Michael Sam has come out and openly admitted he was gay, the first ever NFL player to do so.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
13-02-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Dale Hansen: Michael Sam and the NFL
Bravo, that guy, whoever he is. Bravo!

13-02-2014, 11:34 AM
(13-02-2014 11:11 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  WFAA's sports anchor Dale Hansen delivers a scathing indictment against the NFL over Michael Sam being a third or a fourth round draft pick for the NFL.

Despite being the best defensive player in collegiate football, Sam probably will be a third to fifth round draft pick.

This is because Michael Sam has come out and openly admitted he was gay, the first ever NFL player to do so.

No he was slated as a 3rd -5th round pick before he came out now he might go undrafted. My guess is one of the Pillar teams will grab him (I actually hope it is my Baltimore Ravens) one with the kind of leadership that will make this a non-issue. If he goes someplace like Oakland or Jacksonville it will become a nightmare. Most of the NFL Players know they are playing with Gay guys right now, most estimates say about 10% of the league is Gay. So that's not the problem, well barring the occasional bigot or neandertal, the problem is the media distraction. This would be worse than the Tim Tebow circus and it would be every news source not just the sports ones.

As I said best case scenario is he gets grabbed by one of the high character teams such as Baltimore, New England, New York Giants, Pittsburgh, or San Francisco. Any other team does not have the leadership or experience to deal with this kind of media feeding frenzy. But for now it is all just speculation until the draft actually happens, if he does go undrafted then it will become a huge deal.

Edit: He was not the best defensive player in collegiate football he was named SEC defensive player of the year. Jadeveon Clowney is the best defensive player in college football and possible the #1 pick in the draft.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-02-2014, 08:19 AM
I was just getting ready to post this video as I am in the Dallas, TX area. Great points and well presented piece. Dale is never shy about expressing his disgust in the world of sports, and does not even let the precious Cowboys off the hook.

There can be but little liberty on earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven. - Robert Green Ingersoll
14-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Pittsburgh won't mind, we already have a player with "GAY" on his jersey.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
14-02-2014, 09:27 AM
(14-02-2014 09:24 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Pittsburgh won't mind, we already have a player with "GAY" on his jersey.

Wouldn't that just be a slap in Rush Limbaugh's face. Evil_monster

(For those who don't know, Limbaugh's favorite NFL team in the Pittsburg Steelers)

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
14-02-2014, 09:38 AM
(14-02-2014 09:27 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 09:24 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Pittsburgh won't mind, we already have a player with "GAY" on his jersey.

Wouldn't that just be a slap in Rush Limbaugh's face. Evil_monster

(For those who don't know, Limbaugh's favorite NFL team in the Pittsburg Steelers)

I didn't know he was a fan. I was raised in Pittsburgh, black n gold in these veins. As for Rush, I guess every family has a nut job in it.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
15-02-2014, 04:09 PM
(13-02-2014 11:11 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  WFAA's sports anchor Dale Hansen delivers a scathing indictment against the NFL over Michael Sam being a third or a fourth round draft pick for the NFL.

Jon Stewart did a funny bit on this. Also took a jab at Tebow.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-fe...ght-rights
21-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Fucking LOL at Sam being the best defensive player in college football.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
23-05-2014, 10:32 PM
My question is who the hell cares? So what he is gay. Being gay does not lower efficiency and skill. If he is a good football player you should care less that he is gay.

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM