Dallas torn up by storms, God thanked.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Dallas torn up by storms, God thanked.
Here a tornado, there a tornado...rain, wind hail and lots of destruction.

God is getting all the credit for what didn't happen and none of the blame for what did. UGH...this will fill the radio and TV for days.
Hobo

Had to leave work early due to the threats in the area, our home and cars fine. The storms skirted the town where I live.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-04-2012, 06:19 PM
RE: Dallas torn up by storms, God thanked.
(03-04-2012 04:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Here a tornado, there a tornado...rain, wind hail and lots of destruction.

God is getting all the credit for what didn't happen and none of the blame for what did. UGH...this will fill the radio and TV for days.
Hobo

Had to leave work early due to the threats in the area, our home and cars fine. The storms skirted the town where I live.
Yeah I find it really strange.

This joke from Sickipedia sums it up quite nicely for me;

A woman whose daughter was hospitalised in a US tornado told ITV News that "God would make her better." Presumably, that's a different God from the one that almost killed her with a tornado.

Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
03-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Must be all them atheists, god was pissed, sent a tornado. They saved a dog, god is amazing.
03-04-2012, 08:32 PM
I hope you make it ok.
Though secretly I'm jealous because I've never seen a tornado in real life.
I guess they're only cool from afar.
That scene from twister where they are in the barn and they tie belts around themselves and the pipe, and somehow they don't die. i hated that movie from that point forward.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
03-04-2012, 08:40 PM
If God is creating these storms and using them to punish the heathens, it's ironic that this happens ti the most religious sections of the country.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
03-04-2012, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 09:34 PM by DeepThought.)
(03-04-2012 08:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I hope you make it ok.
Though secretly I'm jealous because I've never seen a tornado in real life.
I guess they're only cool from afar.
That scene from twister where they are in the barn and they tie belts around themselves and the pipe, and somehow they don't die. i hated that movie from that point forward.
I'm a fan of extreme weather. It's cool as long as I'm not in the middle of it.

Yeah, that scene in twister put me off as well. Somehow every piece of debris flying around managed to miss them and they emerge without a scratch. Dodgy
With perfect hair and make-up...

(03-04-2012 08:40 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  If God is creating these storms and using them to punish the heathens, it's ironic that this happens ti the most religious sections of the country.
Highly religious areas are the only places where things like weather are attributed to god. Some people are desperate to find some sort of meaning in these random events.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
03-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I saw on the tv semi truck trailers were being tossed up in the air. WOW. Insane.
04-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Survived the weather...got laid off today...the universe is determined to kick my ass!

Weeping

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
04-04-2012, 06:49 PM
(03-04-2012 04:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Here a tornado, there a tornado...rain, wind hail and lots of destruction.

Hobo

That God, he's such a playful guy, such a kidder. Likes to keep us guessing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user