Dammit! I became an Atheist too soon!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Dammit! I became an Atheist too soon!
I really should have waited until science sorted out the whole existence of God thing. Turns out God may exist after all. At least the God-Particle may really be true!

Scientists close to discovering the Higgs boson "God Particle"

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
13-12-2011, 10:44 PM
RE: Dammit! I became an Atheist too soon!
Damn, this is awesome. I haven't heard much from the LHC in a while to be honest. I suppose that we can't get our hopes up for it, though. I wonder what will happen next if it's finally discovered.
13-12-2011, 11:00 PM
(13-12-2011 10:44 PM)Atheist Wrote:  Damn, this is awesome. I haven't heard much from the LHC in a while to be honest. I suppose that we can't get our hopes up for it, though. I wonder what will happen next if it's finally discovered.

It's funny, the reason I posted this was earlier, out of the corner of my ear, while the TV was on in the other room, I thought I heard Diane Sawyer say, "Today, Scientists at CERN have discovered the Higgs boson." So I leaped into action, getting my crack research team on the job, I call them The Googles. And sadly learned that they didn't exactly discover it, but discovered that they could discover it...if I understood that correctly. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-12-2011, 01:03 AM
(13-12-2011 07:54 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I really should have waited until science sorted out the whole existence of God thing. Turns out God may exist after all. At least the God-Particle may really be true!

Ya know, didn't think to check this post for "historic news." Wink
The one I just posted has "truth in titling" plus a link to the Science 2.0 breakdown. I mean, duplicity of this kinda thread ain't gonna be a problem, and I ain't asking Stark to mess with it. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2011, 01:05 AM
(14-12-2011 01:03 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-12-2011 07:54 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I really should have waited until science sorted out the whole existence of God thing. Turns out God may exist after all. At least the God-Particle may really be true!

Ya know, didn't think to check this post for "historic news." Wink
The one I just posted has "truth in titling" plus a link to the Science 2.0 breakdown. I mean, duplicity of this kinda thread ain't gonna be a problem, and I ain't asking Stark to mess with it. Wink

Naw, it didn't even occur to me that I should have put the real news in the title. But you know preachers and there penchant for coming up with groovy sermon titles!

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-12-2011, 05:14 AM
I was listening that yesterday, they are very close to finding the H-B particle, but they haven't found it yet, what they did find is the range of minimum and maximum mass it will have, so that means that they have significantly narrowed down the area where they are suppose to be searching for the H-B particle.

It is only called God-Particle, it has nothing to do with God or proving or disproving God, it will only help scientists to know how and what happened when Universe was created. Nothing to do with God there. Smile

We still need to wait for it to be found and confirmed.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
14-12-2011, 09:17 AM
(14-12-2011 05:14 AM)Filox Wrote:  It is only called God-Particle, it has nothing to do with God or proving or disproving God, it will only help scientists to know how and what happened when Universe was created. Nothing to do with God there. Smile

Dude, why ya gotta go spoiling all the fun? Guess I'll have to be an atheist afterall. Tongue

~Izel
14-12-2011, 11:14 AM
I was listening to the ultra laggy (for me at least!) live report as well.

Next year is going to be an even more exciting year. Wink
[+] 3 users Like Adaptive's post
14-12-2011, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 11:55 AM by kim.)
(14-12-2011 05:14 AM)Filox Wrote:  I was listening that yesterday, they are very close to finding the H-B particle, but they haven't found it yet, what they did find is the range of minimum and maximum mass it will have, so that means that they have significantly narrowed down the area where they are suppose to be searching for the H-B particle.

It is only called God-Particle, it has nothing to do with God or proving or disproving God, it will only help scientists to know how and what happened when Universe was created. Nothing to do with God there. Smile

Dodgy Abso-fuckin'-lutley.

Higgs-boson is a bit of a misnomer... it's there, and it's in equations, but it's not... yet. And THAT's the only reason people refer to it as the God particle.

I could say much the same about string theory which I was a very early proponent of, it's already got more eyeballs on it than way back in the early 80s. I am unrepentant to this day that this theory will pan out within my lifetime... maybe not completely, but we will push that envelope of current knowledge further. Higgs-boson is within that envelope, as well. Wink
And now... today's quickie...

Smile String theory can incorporate super-symmetry and therefore Higgs-Boson is not out of place within an equation.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
15-12-2011, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 10:21 PM by DeepThought.)
One of the main things I don't like about string theory is it's jelly like structure. Fiddle with a few values and hey presto! It now incorporates the new particle.

There are countless variations that are constantly bickered about in Physics forums. If you think Atheists can be harsh to religious people you should see how physicist shoot each other down!
String theory is the dominant theory at the moment. We'll see what happens. To me it looks like a jumble of equations that allow you wiggle room to fit in everything that is observed.

Sorry about that Kim, I have no understanding of physics like you. I'm just going by how I 'feel' about it.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post