Damn Conservatives In My Family.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Damn Conservatives In My Family.
Damn I'm arguing with my mom about Climate Change and how the US is using too much Carbon stuff. He's claiming how it's all a hoax and how it's just an "agreement' not a treaty.

How the US is being used for money. And making me listen to Fox News as proof of her statements.
I told her, "Using stuff in waste isn't how we should do, look at Japan top industry in electronics yet they have less than the US in Carbon emission. And we don't do as much as they do a day when it comes to their cities."
She completely ignored that with something about Obama being a Muslim and putting America down.

I told her, in most areas around Coal Mines everything is dead. Her claim 'Because no one is working there."
No, first thing of Bio class, Carbon and access flues cases plants to die. Bio 101.

She told me that Fox News was telling the truth. I said.
"How can you take all this news source to face value over others. Just because they pander to Democrats and this one to republicans? I'll watch both sources and see one will chop up the original video to fit there agenda."
She said something about Obama taking down America because he's Muslim. I said 'You are judging by his sink color that he is Muslim' She gave me a speech he said he was take the Muslims side.
I told her, "Of-course Fox would do that, they need to convince people he is Muslim to get you riled up.'

I want to flat out tell her, "Fox News isn't News, it's a idea that panders to Republicans as CNN does to Democrats. There is no news, there are opinions and idea, not news.'

I don't even watch half the stuff she claims, nor do I take the classes she claims are 'brainwashing' me to be liberal. I'm telling her common sense.
She tells me that it's the natural order of things. That Liberals would scream during the ice age 'We are going to die'.
I'm like 'The Ice Age killed over half the species on the planet.'
She ignored me and then said, "Then after the ice age they'd be saying 'The sky is falling we are all going to die'."
I told her, "Yeah, more things died due to the flood the melting of the ice caused.'

Ignores me again and tells me 'It's the natural order of things, not climate change.'
Me: Haven't you been noticing Winters are warmer and Summers are colder?

This was when Fox was showing pictures of New York's 'Not being under water' I felt like rolling my eyes. Ofcourse it's not 'Underwater' things take time before anything happens. It's not like in a Hollywood movie were suddenly this wave comes and everything is underwater. I'd wager the ocean levels are rose my inches but not by feet like the Republicans think they do in only 20 years. It's like Plate Tectonics, it doesn't just happen over night! Facepalm

I'm sitting here giving her facts and she's ignoring them. "The Hole in the O-Zone doesn't exist!"
"Mom they have pictures! How can you not believe that but when given a picture of something you agree with one Fox News you think it's 100% true!"

Mom: I only believe the scientist I look up.
Me; Scientists have given you proof.
Mom: They are liberals
Me: You believe the ones you search up because they pander to your belief over the others as they are 'against you'! You don't 'Believe them' because some guy tells you not to as they don't believe how you do!

That was, near, to our conversation today. Most things were things I wanted to say. But now we are just not talking to each other as she thinks I am 'Brainwashed' by Liberals. So she shut down the conversation not wanted to argue with me.
I have a feeling she just hates I'm right and refuse to give her the satisfaction of thinking she's right.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2017, 02:48 PM
RE: Damn Conservatives In My Family.
10 bucks says she''ll be using this line in the near future...

"Look how Trump has created all these new jobs at our naval bases!"

You: "But mum, those are short-term construction jobs because they're having to relocate the bases further inland to higher ground."

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-06-2017, 02:50 PM
I don't doubt it XD She tends to think the best of all this Republican and Conservative, and Christian, but doesn't bother thinking for the long term.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
02-06-2017, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 04:19 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Sounds like talking to my dad. Before he watched nothing but Fox News he was saying things like how he couldn't believe anyone would deny climate change. Post-years of Fox News, totally doesn't believe it exists.

Edit: Just saw this nice WaPo piece that reminded me of this thread: Why Don't Christian Conservatives Worry About Climate Change? God.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
02-06-2017, 03:57 PM
Well your parents probably have the excuse of having been indoctrinated into this way of thinking. My sister and two of my brothers are as bad as your mother. My sister voted for Trump and reading the crap she wrote on Fb pretty much drove me away. Don't know when I'd travel two states to see her again. We had little enough in common before this - growing up and gardening. But what I had to tell her was that we didn't have just have a difference of opinion about politics. What we have is a profound difference in values. Because she is my sister, I hope she isn't miserable though I think her values and life style pretty much guarantee it.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
02-06-2017, 04:02 PM
(02-06-2017 03:57 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Well your parents probably have the excuse of having been indoctrinated into this way of thinking. My sister and two of my brothers are as bad as your mother. My sister voted for Trump and reading the crap she wrote on Fb pretty much drove me away.

What bothers me most about Trump supporters is that, in my experience, they lie about everyone else to make Trump seem better -- just like Trump himself does.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
02-06-2017, 11:21 PM
My entire family is Republican with the exception of some cousins that aren't so brainwashed. I just sort of smile and internally pity them.
03-06-2017, 06:04 AM
This thread reminds me of my father and step mother. They were arch conservatives back in the 60's (both since dead). They belonged to the "John Birch Society" an ultra-conservative group.

They believed that the US State Department had been entirely taken over by Communists and were ready at any moment to take the US over (whatever that meant) and when they did everyone 40 or older would be eliminated. Shades of Hitler's (Nazi) final solution.

I know Hitler didn't, himself, institute that little bit of stupidity but it is forever, none the less, laid at his feet.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 1 user Likes Ro3bert's post
03-06-2017, 06:23 AM
Just happened a few weeks ago here:

Mom tried to claim she wasn't racist. She claimed Obama was a Muslim.
I'm like 'Just because he has brown skin doesn't mean his Muslim."
She yelled at me saying she was basing him on his skin color in a very angry tone.

Yet when this Greek immigrant at a small deli shop had brown skin, which that is what we told her she asked.'What did he look like.'
I said 'Light brown skin with wavy black hair'
She said 'He's possible Muslim!'

I swear, Republicans will claim they are not racist against brown skinned people. But they don't even know the difference between a middle eastern and a Mediterranean guy.

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
03-06-2017, 06:49 AM
(02-06-2017 03:30 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Why Don't Christian Conservatives Worry About Climate Change? God.

Here is an excerpt from that article

Hal Lindsey in 2015 denounced climate change as a scam “being used to consolidate the governments of the world into a coalition that may someday facilitate the rise of the Antichrist.”

Read and be dumbfounded

Oh no. He's here - God
[+] 2 users Like Cypher44's post