Damn it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: Damn it!
Quote:It's almost always the fault of the browser.

Baloney.

Quote:Also why the fuck do you use shaving brushes? What century are you in? Are you a hipster?

Heh. Smile If you're really interested, we can start a separate thread on it. Yes, I know it sounds weird and antiquated, but there are good reasons for it. (No, I'm not a hipster.)

Quote:Oh and take your fight to the boxing ring ladies.

I got sick of platform wars, quite literally, about ten years ago, and I simply don't do that anymore. I was hesitant to bring up my own experiences with the problem here because I was certain we would have at least one person who hadn't reached that point yet. Perhaps I can regard it as my own contribution by helping such people get similarly fed up with the matter, thus deciding themselves, as I did, not to fight the fight anymore, and thus to bring about peace, if only by default.

In fact, that being the case, I won't be responding to any aspect of that element of the discussion anymore. Just saying that because I don't want my lack of response to be construed as me conceding anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 03:48 PM
(10-12-2012 08:27 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Stop being a pretentious little shit and get a fucking computer. Jesus fucking Christ, my generation. Drinking Beverage
I am getting a computer, asshole. My other computer broke so I have resorted to using either my mobile phone, which is an Apple Product in itself, or an iPad.

How about you fucking help me buy one, dick.

Stop bitching, my generation. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
11-12-2012, 06:48 AM
To save myself effort of quoting I'm just gonna say, "fuck yes Logica, fuck yes."

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
11-12-2012, 07:11 AM
(10-12-2012 09:49 AM)pianodwarf Wrote:  Could you just ignore them? Seriously, I'm trying to be helpful, here. People do a lot of things that I find pretty annoying, too, but when they do, I generally just try to tune them out.

Yes, I will ignore my customers. Rolleyes

(10-12-2012 09:49 AM)pianodwarf Wrote:  Well, then, again: don't buy one, ignore it, and go about your business. By way of comparison: I've been experimenting with shaving brushes recently. Some such brushes can cost over $1,000. (Yes, I'm serious.) You will probably not be surprised to learn that I would think that is a huge waste of money, as well -- but I don't rant and rave about it on my shaving brush discussion lists or anything. I don't even talk about it. I just look at the brush, murmur to myself, "Sheesh, are you kidding me?" And then, I simply don't buy the brush.

Then again, the majority of people do not plunk a thousand dollars for a shaving brush. Comparing the market for a cosmetic kit and computers is ridiculous.

(10-12-2012 09:49 AM)pianodwarf Wrote:  That won't be happening any time soon. Apple is financially very healthy.

I forsee it happening within the next decade. Both Samsung and Microsoft have begun to outsell their mobile device market, which is what Apple relies on for its income.

(10-12-2012 09:49 AM)pianodwarf Wrote:  That's not the point. The point is that if a site works properly in one browser but not in another, it's almost always the fault of the developer, not the browser.

Unless, of course, Apple's patents are in the way.

(10-12-2012 09:49 AM)pianodwarf Wrote:  *shrug* My experience has been different. At the largest shop I ever worked at, we supported about 600 Windows machines and about 400 Macs. Macs, although they accounted for forty percent of our seats, accounted for only about ten percent of our tickets, and most of those were for routine matters like software and OS upgrades, not for anything actually being wrong with the computer.

Congratulations. I am glad that you paid in bulk for overpriced computers. I have never said that their devices were poorly built. I said that they were drastically overpriced for what they are worth.

(10-12-2012 09:49 AM)pianodwarf Wrote:  Isn't that a pretty broad statement? Do you really think that anyone who buys a Mac must be computer illiterate?

Either that, or very stupid with money. Indefinitely.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
11-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Buying Apple is like buying an exotic car.
All that money you are spending is being spent on that tiny little symbol on the front, and not the actual product itself.

Except of course, nobody gives a fuck if you have an apple laptop..

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]