Damn mouse won't die

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Damn mouse won't die
We have a mouse, or several mice living in our house uninvited. About a month a go, I bought de-con. This seems to not be working. Then, I tried buying the traps that snap, and the mouse eats the cheese of the bait! I do not want to feed them! Grr! It is so frusterating. Why won't they just die! I have small children in our house, and I a sick of finding mouse shit everywhere. Anybody have any suggestions! Hobo

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Re: Damn mouse won't die
Seriously a cat is the best option. Also those cage traps are pretty effective.
22-03-2013, 01:29 PM
RE: Damn mouse won't die
We are allergic to cats. That option is outSad

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
22-03-2013, 03:24 PM
I (well, not me specifically - it's my father and sister who've had mouse troubles) had way more luck with box-type traps than the old spring-loaded ones.

And peanut butter (as an example) is a WAY better lure than cheese (which mice don't actually like very much).
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
22-03-2013, 03:26 PM
I read somewhere they like chocolate.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

22-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Re: Damn mouse won't die
Cljr is right. Having had many a pet rat growing up (hey, don't you judge me!) Peanut butter is very much a favourite of the rodent kind.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
22-03-2013, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 04:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-03-2013 01:29 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  We are allergic to cats. That option is outSad

How 'bout a rat terrier then? Wife's got a pack of hounds one or two of which got some rat terrier in them. Their mere presence in the pack caused the rats to pack up their shit and get the hell off of my property for the warmer climates of my neighbors' properties. ... Not sure mice are as smart as rats, though. Rats are pretty fucking smart.

(22-03-2013 03:33 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Cljr is right. Having had many a pet rat growing up (hey, don't you judge me!) Peanut butter is very much a favourite of the rodent kind.

Peanut butter is the key to an effective trap. Cheese can be lifted from the trap without triggering it, peanut butter can't. ... Girly knows, had to clean up the mess after that fucking foot long sewer rat made a nest under my oven. ... Fucker almost even beat the peanut butter, cleaned up her carcass missing half her head five feet away from the trap. Rats ain't just smart, they're motherfucking ninja agile.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Why, how un-Christian of you. Tongue

I post such remembering cockroaches, and the conflict with being a prophet. Take it as snark. Get a cat.

EDIT: get a hairless cat.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Not sure if this will actually work or not, but I've heard it does with rats. Leave a bowl of coca cola out, just plain pop. Rats seem to love the stuff but have an inability to burp. So they drink up the carbonated beverage and literally blow themselves up! (they don't actually explode)

It's worth a shot, if anything you're only out the cost of a two liter.
22-03-2013, 04:59 PM
This may be obvious but don't use poison. You'll end up with a fetid decomposing mouse behind a wall somewhere. Traps are the best method and really are the most humane.

Best of luck to you!