Damn mouse won't die

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-03-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: Damn mouse won't die
(22-03-2013 01:08 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  We have a mouse, or several mice living in our house uninvited. About a month a go, I bought de-con. This seems to not be working. Then, I tried buying the traps that snap, and the mouse eats the cheese of the bait! I do not want to feed them! Grr! It is so frusterating. Why won't they just die! I have small children in our house, and I a sick of finding mouse shit everywhere. Anybody have any suggestions! Hobo
[Image: 7bf42097f327101db0cf35a9470ca293.jpeg]

It seems Mr. Ringo is an educated man. Now I REALLY hate him......

I'd recommend good old Victor mouse traps baited with creamy peanut butter. Works like a charm for me.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2013, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2013 01:17 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-03-2013 01:08 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  We have a mouse, or several mice living in our house uninvited. About a month a go, I bought de-con. This seems to not be working. Then, I tried buying the traps that snap, and the mouse eats the cheese of the bait! I do not want to feed them! Grr! It is so frusterating. Why won't they just die! I have small children in our house, and I a sick of finding mouse shit everywhere. Anybody have any suggestions! Hobo

We have a lovely mouse couple living at our house. We did send out invitations, and they were gracious enough to come and complete our ecological system. Once I was watching TV, eating some popcorn, and I looked down, and there she was, munch, munch, munch .. on a piece I had dropped, right by my chair. Cute little thing. She looked up like, "what .. like it's not YOUR house".
(They'll go outside as soon as it warms up. prolly.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
23-03-2013, 06:25 AM
Skip baiting the traps with cheese and use peanut butter. Takes longer to lick the peanut butter off the trap and you are more likely to catch the little critters. They can grab a piece of cheese and run with it.

We don't have cats any more and word got out to the vermin population and they moved in...poison may kill them but then you may end up with dead, stinky mouse carcasses in your walls, not pleasant.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-03-2013, 07:01 AM
Use sticky traps. They are nasty things, and you'll have to do most of the killing yourself, but they are your best option.

Be sure to fasten the sticky trap down. A good method is to use a pack of Velcro tabs. They are cheap, and keep stuck mice from dragging a trap behind appliances or flipping them over, causing a huge mess.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
24-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Here is a man with a story of how he went to war with mice. I hope this helps.

http://www.armory.com/~moke/mouse.html

He even constructed his own prisoner of War Camp:

[Image: deadmouse3.jpg]

He even got wounded in battle

[Image: injury.jpg]

And he committed War Crimes....

[Image: funeral.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Julius's post
24-03-2013, 03:22 AM
(22-03-2013 01:29 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  We are allergic to cats. That option is outSad
What about Ferrets?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
24-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Nice pictures...i wonder if I can order those online. My husband set some victor traps last night with peanut butter on them. I am hoping these wi work today. I am so sick of hearing those bastards wake me up, jumoing around as if they were in a ball pit in my stuff. And shitting all over everything.

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
24-03-2013, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2013 06:26 PM by Julius.)
(23-03-2013 07:01 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Use sticky traps. They are nasty things, and you'll have to do most of the killing yourself, but they are your best option.

Be sure to fasten the sticky trap down. A good method is to use a pack of Velcro tabs. They are cheap, and keep stuck mice from dragging a trap behind appliances or flipping them over, causing a huge mess.
I agree 100%. Like you said, stick traps are nasty...but they work really well.

[Image: spaceout.gif] [Image: 6a00d834523b8769e2011168959bdb970c-800wi.jpg]
War is Hell[Image: spaceout.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post
24-03-2013, 10:09 PM
I had a rat that would wake me up every Censored night. Tried everything, no success. Then one night I lost it, grabbed my .22 rifle and shot up the kitchen. Missed. Wife not too understanding. Hasn't happened since. I now use sticky traps.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-03-2013, 10:29 PM
(24-03-2013 10:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I had a rat that would wake me up every Censored night. Tried everything, no success. Then one night I lost it, grabbed my .22 rifle and shot up the kitchen. Missed. Wife not too understanding. Hasn't happened since. I now use sticky traps.
A 22.? Wow. What's the matter with you? Everybody knows that it's go big or go home. Should have gone with the shotgun. Thatta got em. Yes

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post