RE: Damned If We Do, Damned If We Don't: Trump vs. Pence
Here's an interesting Trump versus Pence article from the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...?tid=sm_fb
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
08-08-2017, 08:00 AM
(04-08-2017 12:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  I keep seeing this idea that Pence will be worse than Trump because he's NOT incompetent Huh

It's certainly the strangest political idea I've ever come across.

It is MD! Tongue

My fear with Pence is that he'll be much quieter about what he wants and will get more damage done. If The Oompa Loompa in Chief either gets impeached or quits and Pence has the present congress he can do more in terms of regulating women's rights, imposing his religion on everyone etc.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
08-08-2017, 08:09 AM
(08-08-2017 08:00 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(04-08-2017 12:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  I keep seeing this idea that Pence will be worse than Trump because he's NOT incompetent Huh

It's certainly the strangest political idea I've ever come across.

It is MD! Tongue

My fear with Pence is that he'll be much quieter about what he wants and will get more damage done. If The Oompa Loompa in Chief either gets impeached or quits and Pence has the present congress he can do more in terms of regulating women's rights, imposing his religion on everyone etc.

There are a lot of things being undone already - quietly in the back ground while Trump keeps us busy with his antics. Pence will be even more efficient at this, plus, yes, he is a religious fanatic and we will come to feel it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Well Pence would be locked in until 2020 (unless he does something) but I don't think he would appeal to independents nearly as much as Trump did. He's way too crazy into the bad side of conservatism. I could be wrong but I think his strict relgious conservatism would actually hurt him in the general election.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
08-08-2017, 09:01 AM
There are other things falling out of the current White House mess. Some of them are people falling out of the parties, with others, like Jeff Flake, saying they are not leaving the party but are trying to draw it more to the center.

Quote:The independents are banding together.

That is, 13 independent candidates who feel they don’t fit in the Republican Party in the age of Donald Trump are joining forces with a few registered Democrats, all looking at runs for governor and Senate in 2018. The plan is to create shared infrastructure and funding for a slate of campaigns around the country, in the hopes of making this more than the latest go-nowhere whining about how awful the two-party system is.
Anti-Trump Independents are Starting to Organize

Quote:The Centrist Project aims to strategically elect independent candidates to office who can break through political gridlock and serve as a voice for all those in the sensible center –– not as a traditional third party, but as America’s first Unparty.
The Centrist Project
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post