Damnit Kansas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: Damnit Kansas
I was in OP with all those stuck-up Johnson County girls.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2014, 09:33 AM
(11-02-2014 09:27 AM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  I was in OP with all those stuck-up Johnson County girls.

JoCo can go fuck itself >_>

I'm not a huge fan of Olathe. If it weren't for the Renaissance Fair being in Boner Springs every year...

P.S. I'm in Manhattan
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post
11-02-2014, 09:34 AM
(11-02-2014 08:12 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  http://www.kansas.com/2014/02/06/3271717...gious.html

Evidently Kansas really wants to deny homosexuals everything they can.

This reminds me of something we did almost a fucking century ago, but with blacks.

Hooray, progress. Weeping

P.S. I didn't see this thread anywhere else, if its a duplicate then we can merge.
I see. So, if something is immoral on religious grounds, they don't have to serve customers. So where are the laws that shield these idiots from serving thieves, rapists, and murderers? Why his homosexuality always the target? Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
11-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Every great once in awhile I think that there's hope for this state. But everytime I do, the teabaggery raises its head and crushes that hope. If we could get rid of Brownback and Roberts I think we'd stand a much better chance of joining the 21st century.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
11-02-2014, 10:04 AM
(11-02-2014 09:51 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Every great once in awhile I think that there's hope for this state. But everytime I do, the teabaggery raises its head and crushes that hope. If we could get rid of Brownback and Roberts I think we'd stand a much better chance of joining the 21st century.

And the Phelps clan.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
11-02-2014, 10:14 AM
(11-02-2014 10:04 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  And the Phelps clan.

You mean the most honest Christians in the world? Yeah, they're a bit of a blight as well.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
11-02-2014, 10:22 AM
That's really a sad step backward. What's next signs in the windows?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

11-02-2014, 10:23 AM
I guess its a good thing God changed his mind about blacks back in the 70's, otherwise this could get real nasty for the Mormons...
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post
11-02-2014, 10:39 AM
The second this gets challenged by one gay couple it'll get struck down by the supreme court. But it'll take a while.

I'm kinda torn. On the one hand if a PRIVATE business doesn't want to serve gays, that's their issue. They're immoral bigots, but that's their preference. It's THEIR property, and THEIR business, and they have a right to discriminate. When it comes to government employees that goes away. If you are a public employee you represent the state, and must act accordingly.
11-02-2014, 10:41 AM
(11-02-2014 10:39 AM)natachan Wrote:  The second this gets challenged by one gay couple it'll get struck down by the supreme court. But it'll take a while.

I'm kinda torn. On the one hand if a PRIVATE business doesn't want to serve gays, that's their issue. They're immoral bigots, but that's their preference. It's THEIR property, and THEIR business, and they have a right to discriminate. When it comes to government employees that goes away. If you are a public employee you represent the state, and must act accordingly.

Honestly, I think everyone who wanted to refuse service to gays, already is. This obviously won't affect any kind of chain business, and every private business that wanted to operate this way already is, the news is chock full of stories of this kind of crap happening.