DanDare-Secularist, Atheist, Husband, Father

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2011, 01:20 AM

DanDare-Secularist, Atheist, Husband, Father
Hi all,

I have never been a believer. I have many friends who are. I am willing to discuss religion with them but a few are not, so I don't bug them.

I spend a fair bit of time at the Atheist Foundation of Australia and RatSkep with the same user name and avatar.

I am a leader in the Australian Secular Lobby, and currently state secularism is one of my greatest concerns. Probably because I have a 15 year old daughter in public school who has been annoyed by being sent to scripture classes, having the Gideons show up distributing bibles and having a school chaplain imposed on her school.

Home is Brisbane, Australia where the atheist community has really pulled together and helped friends, neighbours and strangers during the floods. My wife and I are both computer industry "ancient ones" Cool and our daughter is interested in biological and material science. I sing with a barbershop chorus and I'm into boardgames.

Wound up here after following a youTube link from Pharyngula.
Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2011, 04:41 AM
RE: DanDare-Secularist, Atheist, Husband, Father
Welcome to the community.

BTW, I checked out Rational Skepticism. Very interesting place.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2011, 05:04 AM
RE: DanDare-Secularist, Atheist, Husband, Father
Every time I try to sign up to Rational Skepticism it tells me that "The value you entered is too long." But it doesn't specify where I have made a mistake nor have I disobeyed any of the character limits.

[Image: websig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply