Dangerous Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Dangerous Christianity
How I came to be on this page is something of a long story, so I'll skip right to the end ...

The following highlighted text caught my eye. Can anyone rationally defend the toxic and dangerous nature of Christianity? (rhetorical)

Article Wrote:Jose has one of the most extreme facial tumours ever seen in medical history. The 51-year-old, from Portugal, is in danger of being suffocated by it unless he undergoes drastic surgery. Unemployed, he is blind in one eye as a result of the giant weeping growth that has consumed his features; the tumour has taken over his mouth and tongue, ballooning his lips, twisting his gums and breaking his teeth off. The deep, 15cm long growth - which started as a birth mark when he was just 11 - was sparked by abnormalities in his capillaries and veins. It started to get much bigger when he hit 16 and has been expanding ever since. H e recently flew to the UK to discuss the possibility of surgery to remove part of the tumour. But because his mother was a Jehovah's Witness, he refused any surgery because his religion means he can't have blood transfusions. Doctors in London came up with a plan to remove parts of the growth bit by bit - without transfusion.

[Image: a369_jose.jpg]

At what point do you admit your god either doesn't care or isn't there?
When the tumor reaches 5 lbs?
When the tumor covers his eyes?
How bout when your son can't breathe?

EDIT: Sorry I have no idea why the article is "collapsed", why all my formatting has disappeared, why you can't see the picture, or why the quote is snipped. Angry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: Dangerous Christianity
[Image: face-tumor-second-1.jpg]

[Image: disjose029_412258a.jpg]

[Image: a369_Gao.jpg]

[Image: 0.jpg]

[Image: article-2628475-1DD842CF00000578-684_634x357.jpg]

[Image: Yang-Jianbin-Man-With-Worlds-Largest-Tum...aily-1.jpg]

[Image: TGD30072B-LAWSON_AMOUSOU9.JPG]

[Image: Mohammad-Latif-Khatana-man-with-no-face7.jpg]

What you do not understand OP is that this is GODS DIVINE PLAN! He has a PLAN for all of us.

We cannot possibly comprehend it. So we must just accept it without question, thinking about it, or even ATTEMPT to change his plan. Or we will go to hell.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
23-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Shadow Fox, could you please just use links, or spoiler tags if this forum has them?
[+] 3 users Like CleverUsername's post
23-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Well now I'm gonna not sleep well. Poor people Sad
24-07-2014, 06:01 AM
(23-07-2014 09:03 PM)Jagare Wrote:  At what point do you admit your god either doesn't care or isn't there?

Personally, I think that if you believe that people shouldn't get blood transfusions because of God, leprechauns, or whatever, you have a right to refuse a transfusion... for yourself. I don't think a person has the right to refuse it for anyone else, including their children.

I understand that a lot of supernatural woo meisters will get super upset when I say that, but I don't really care. If there were any evidence they were right, I'd talk to them about their views like a grown up, but her stated position is that her son has to have an increasingly worse tumor spread because she has a hunch that fixing it would be bad. That's fucking retarded, and we, as a society, need to stop placating these mouth-breathers.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
24-07-2014, 06:18 AM
(23-07-2014 10:20 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  [Image: face-tumor-second-1.jpg]

What you do not understand OP is that this is GODS DIVINE PLAN! He has a PLAN for all of us.

We cannot possibly comprehend it. So we must just accept it without question, thinking about it, or even ATTEMPT to change his plan. Or we will go to hell.
Ah yes. What a loving god. He is so great....
24-07-2014, 06:39 AM
(24-07-2014 06:01 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 09:03 PM)Jagare Wrote:  At what point do you admit your god either doesn't care or isn't there?

Personally, I think that if you believe that people shouldn't get blood transfusions because of God, leprechauns, or whatever, you have a right to refuse a transfusion... for yourself. I don't think a person has the right to refuse it for anyone else, including their children.

I understand that a lot of supernatural woo meisters will get super upset when I say that, but I don't really care. If there were any evidence they were right, I'd talk to them about their views like a grown up, but her stated position is that her son has to have an increasingly worse tumor spread because she has a hunch that fixing it would be bad. That's fucking retarded, and we, as a society, need to stop placating these mouth-breathers.

I have relatives who went all Witness. SHE officially joined. HE did not, in case either of the kids needed a transfusion.

Yeah, that makes sense.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
24-07-2014, 07:43 AM
(24-07-2014 06:39 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I have relatives who went all Witness. SHE officially joined. HE did not, in case either of the kids needed a transfusion.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Well, the important thing is they tricked God in a way that won't get them in trouble.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
24-07-2014, 10:49 AM
Dangerous Christianity
(23-07-2014 10:20 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  [Image: face-tumor-second-1.jpg]

If we can't possibly comprehend God's plan, how could we ever attempt to change God's plan in any substantive way?
25-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Too often I hear christians going on about how "modern" christianity isn't like it used to be, or how now "we focus on the love of Jesus" and that their faith is somehow doing the world some great benefit.

Quote:But because his mother was a Jehovah's Witness, he refused any surgery because his religion means he can't have blood transfusions.

This statement contradicts all that. That man's mother so imprinted him and indoctrinated him that not only did she NOT get medical aide for her son (which should be criminal), but even he refused medical science.

Its just absolutely appalling and so very sad.
That vile religion is still a plague on this planet.