Dangers of dating a religious person

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2016, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2016 12:44 PM by Mr. Boston.)
RE: Dangers of dating a religious person
On the rare occasions that people have felt they needed to disassociate themselves from me in order to live a more godly life, I've always been inclined to let them. Sorry to hear about your relationships splitting up. Better now than two kids and a house down the road though. If the temptation was really THAT strong, I have a feeling your phone will still ring every now and then, at an hour after the good church folk have gone to bed, if you know what I mean. Whether you want that or not is another question. You deserve a partner who wants you and loves everything about you, including your lack of belief.

My wife is somewhere on the agnostic scale. Ethnically she's half Jewish and she thinks it's important for our kids to understand the customs, from a cultural perspective. But she's not devout and was raised in an essentially secular household. She doesn't begrudge me my total lack of belief in deities and she freely acknowledges my opinion has logic on its side. I think mainly she just wants our kids to know what it means to be Jews, she's not overly concerned with them believing in the Hebrew God though. I think if they come out of their childhoods with her enjoyment of their shared cultural heritage and my healthy skepticism regarding unsubstantiated claims, they'll do fine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post