Daniel 2 Prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2016, 09:30 PM
RE: Daniel 2 Prophecy
(30-04-2016 09:27 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Thanks, guys.

I do realise that I've been making a lot of threads recently. I'm just trying to learn more so I don't get so scared whenever someone brings up some sort of "proof" of God, the Bible, or Christianity.

I don't see anything wrong with your threads. You are bringing good discussions on the table.Thumbsup

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
01-05-2016, 12:41 AM
(30-04-2016 07:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Funny. In Judaism, we say that Islam is represented by stone because there's this black stone that is important to their religion at the Kabba. Christianity is represented by wood, as in the wood cross.

If the prophecy represents a ruling power that would take over that region, I'd suggest that it's Islam (the rock) and not Christianity (wood).

... What about Judaism? Isn't it also part of the statue?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-05-2016, 07:22 AM
(01-05-2016 12:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 07:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Funny. In Judaism, we say that Islam is represented by stone because there's this black stone that is important to their religion at the Kabba. Christianity is represented by wood, as in the wood cross.

If the prophecy represents a ruling power that would take over that region, I'd suggest that it's Islam (the rock) and not Christianity (wood).

... What about Judaism? Isn't it also part of the statue?

If it is, then Islam has certainly dominated the Jews and land formerly occupied by Jews.

I don't know the correct interpretation of the dream/prophecy, but the rock as Islam just seems to fit better if we're taking the position that it applies to the modern era.
01-05-2016, 07:27 AM
If you make up enough bullshit, eventually something will stick to the wall..................

However, it doesn't make it something other than bullshit........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-05-2016, 09:04 AM

I do realise that I've been making a lot of threads recently. I'm just trying to learn more so I don't get so scared whenever someone brings up some sort of "proof" of God, the Bible, or Christianity.

Knowledge is power and the engine for confidence. Read up, check these:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rce-thread

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...other-Look

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...or-Dummies

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ce-Library

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
01-05-2016, 09:23 AM

you should disregard anything anyone says about the bible, not be scared. the god of the bible drowned countless innocent babies. everything else is irrelevant, even if was true (which its not) hes a sick bastard.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
01-05-2016, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2016 10:13 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-04-2016 09:27 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I do realise that I've been making a lot of threads recently. I'm just trying to learn more so I don't get so scared whenever someone brings up some sort of "proof" of God, the Bible, or Christianity.

While there are many ways to refute any and all claims they may cook up, or come up with on any given day, the entire enterprise of "proof(s)" for god and theist claims is misguided according to their OWN systems and theology.

If they have "proof" of something, then they don't need faith, now do they ?
St. Paul said faith was one of (and not even the greatest) of the "gifts of the Spirit" ie *virtues*. So if someone says they have "proof", you can say, "So then, ..... you are probably the only theist ever that doesn't need faith. Are you trying to tell me you don't have any faith, cuz if you really DO have proof, you don't need faith." "If you have proof, what do you need faith for ?"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-05-2016, 10:10 AM
(01-05-2016 10:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 09:27 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I do realise that I've been making a lot of threads recently. I'm just trying to learn more so I don't get so scared whenever someone brings up some sort of "proof" of God, the Bible, or Christianity.

While there are many ways to refute any and all claims they may cook up, or come up with on any given day, the entire enterprise of "proof(s)" for god and theist claims is misguided according to their OWN systems and theology.

If they have "proof" of something, then they don't need faith, now do they ?
St. Paul said faith was one of (and not even the greatest) of the "gifts of the Spirit" ie *virtues*. So if someone says they have "proof", you can say, "So then, ..... you are probably the only theist ever that doesn't need faith. Are you trying to tell me you don't have any faith, cuz if you really DO have proof, you don't need faith." "If you have have proof, what do you need faith for ?"

That's a good point. Also, Paul has said that you can't please God without faith. (Hebrews 11:6)
It's annoying when people talk about faith as if it's a good thing until they start talking to an atheist. Then, faith is a bad thing all of a sudden. "It takes more faith to be an atheist."
01-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Daniel 2 Prophecy
To the OP: It's very simple; As an atheist, I do not accept Biblical authority. Any prophesy, Biblical or otherwise, should be approached with extreme skepticism. See for example the prophesies of Nostradamus, and the ridiculous mental gymnastics that proponents go through to prove their interpretations. If you don't accept Biblical authority, why should Biblical prophecy and its interpretations be regarded any differently?

Oh crap!
01-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Jesus, never said one thing about "proofs", or proving something.
Proofs are part of the intellectual content theism took on, ONLY when philosophy, science and math became more and more important. It's actually a "nod" (acknowledgement) by religion that really what is most important to humanity now, is science. If they reject that, you can ask "If you are having a medical emergency, what would you do first ? Pray ? Call an ambulance ?" I think we know the answer to that.
A perfect example are Catholics who call Theology and Philosophy are "sacred sciences". ( Laugh out load ) *As if* they posited a null hypothesis or even attempted to use the scientific method.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post