Daniel's Seventy Weeks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2013, 02:32 PM
RE: Daniel's Seventy Weeks
(31-05-2013 02:29 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  
(31-05-2013 11:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  GREAT question:

*The prophecy is to show "captivity and doom" [diaspora and persecution] for Israel

*The starting date is the release from Babylonian captivity by Cyrus

*606 BCE begins captivity, which ends in 536 BCE, and full date-to-date details are here, among other sites:

http://www.alphanewsdaily.com/mathprophecy2.html

Thanks.

Here you go PJ, Enjoy Smile

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...=1&ct=clnk

P.S, Oh, and I'd really like to hear you expound on the Antichrist (Who you should call the Beast, not the Antichrist) and his origin, are you gonna give me some of that "Revived Roman Empire" bullshit, with no basis in scripture?

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 01:10 PM
PleaseJesus, Would you like to respond now that you're back?

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

04-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Farrell Till's article has a lot of missteps, too numerous to elaborate on here. As usual, though, his first premises being false, his syllogism soon follows as a whole.

Your questions on the Antichrist are a little weird, I'm unsure what you're asking. Start a new thread?
04-06-2013, 01:37 PM
(04-06-2013 01:28 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Farrell Till's article has a lot of missteps, too numerous to elaborate on here. As usual, though, his first premises being false, his syllogism soon follows as a whole.

Your questions on the Antichrist are a little weird, I'm unsure what you're asking. Start a new thread?

Can you give me a few?

07-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Sure, Mr. Till always wrote in a similar manner, creating straw men and then knocking them about. I don't think he knew this, by the way, I think he thought he was right on every time:

A great example (and one that he takes over 1,000 words to address throughout the article, was knocking the assertion of the prophecy "teacher" (who sounds like a jerk to me if that is the email he wrote back to Till, may God forgive both men) that the extended diaspora to 1948 is a prophetical punishment for the Jews not being willing to return en masse to the land following the decree of Cyrus. Till RIGHTLY pounds on this, does so again, and crushes it some more.

The straw man is because there are no scriptural indications that this is the case, and because it's simple to falsify the claims of bad prophecy interpretation. I do it all the time and with Christians, not just Atheists!

There are scriptures (Deut 28 comes to mind) that say the troubles of the diaspora come from national rejection of the Jewish Messiah. Since countless first century Jews trusted Christ but then many more turned aside, this is a fact of history and a demonstration of the real prophecy of Deuteronomy that Till would be unable to address at all. Straw man.

The length of this one note is also why I have no desire to pick apart all of Till's arguments. I'm tired!
07-06-2013, 11:31 AM
(07-06-2013 11:30 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Sure, Mr. Till always wrote in a similar manner, creating straw men and then knocking them about. I don't think he knew this, by the way, I think he thought he was right on every time:

A great example (and one that he takes over 1,000 words to address throughout the article, was knocking the assertion of the prophecy "teacher" (who sounds like a jerk to me if that is the email he wrote back to Till, may God forgive both men) that the extended diaspora to 1948 is a prophetical punishment for the Jews not being willing to return en masse to the land following the decree of Cyrus. Till RIGHTLY pounds on this, does so again, and crushes it some more.

The straw man is because there are no scriptural indications that this is the case, and because it's simple to falsify the claims of bad prophecy interpretation. I do it all the time and with Christians, not just Atheists!

There are scriptures (Deut 28 comes to mind) that say the troubles of the diaspora come from national rejection of the Jewish Messiah. Since countless first century Jews trusted Christ but then many more turned aside, this is a fact of history and a demonstration of the real prophecy of Deuteronomy that Till would be unable to address at all. Straw man.

The length of this one note is also why I have no desire to pick apart all of Till's arguments. I'm tired!

PS. AlternateHistory.com rocks! I will likewise have my revenge, even if I have to return to the past and change it!