Danish pre-schoolers no longer allowed pork.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Danish pre-schoolers no longer allowed pork.
Some news from my part of the world. I'm really curious as to what you guys think about this?

As from today, pork is no longer allowed in public nurseries, kindergartens and pre-schools classes here in DK.
It was recently decided by the government, that serving pork in these places, is disrespectful to Islam, and therefore it is now to be banned.
The reason behind aiming this ban at very young children only, apparently is that it will teach kids respect for other cultures at a young age (and not just because it's the age group, that can do literally nothing against something like this I bet Dodgy ).

But it's not just serving pork, neither kids or the people working in these places are allowed to bring a lunch containing pork nor are adults allowed to bring groceries bags, or other stuff like that, that could contain pork, into these places.

It has not jet been decided whatever or not this ban is going to include private institutions too.

Also some food for thought - According to the U.S. Department of State, approximately 3.7% of the population in Denmark is Muslim ( out of a population of 5.6 million).

Now tell me, what are your thoughts about this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2013, 11:06 AM
RE: Danish pre-schoolers no longer allowed pork.
>-->(]Smile

look I drew mohammed.

Thats what I think.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-07-2013, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2013 12:13 PM by KidCharlemagne1962.)
Maybe they can ban the 3 Little Pigs, Charlotte's Web and Animal Farm while they're at it.

What about teaching the kids that are being taught to believe in fantasy to tolerate people that exist in the real world?

In a word ridiculous.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
18-07-2013, 11:23 AM
(18-07-2013 11:02 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Some news from my part of the world. I'm really curious as to what you guys think about this?

As from today, pork is no longer allowed in public nurseries, kindergartens and pre-schools classes here in DK.
It was recently decided by the government, that serving pork in these places, is disrespectful to Islam, and therefore it is now to be banned.
The reason behind aiming this ban at very young children only, apparently is that it will teach kids respect for other cultures at a young age (and not just because it's the age group, that can do literally nothing against something like this I bet Dodgy ).

But it's not just serving pork, neither kids or the people working in these places are allowed to bring a lunch containing pork nor are adults allowed to bring groceries bags, or other stuff like that, that could contain pork, into these places.

It has not jet been decided whatever or not this ban is going to include private institutions too.

Also some food for thought - According to the U.S. Department of State, approximately 3.7% of the population in Denmark is Muslim ( out of a population of 5.6 million).

Now tell me, what are your thoughts about this?

If it was me I would defy the ban. Every day I would send my kid in with bacon and then would challenge the validity of the law if it was pressed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-07-2013, 12:11 PM
I literally could not live there. The only sandwiches I can eat are ham sandwiches. Turkey or anything else is grody. Banning FOOD to be respectful to another persons' beliefs is a bit outrageous, especially when the percentage of Muslims is only 3.7%. I could understand a little better if literally half the population were Muslim. But those that are Muslim should understand that not everyone shares the beliefs that they do, and not everything in the world abides acceptably with its environment, and not everything is going to.

You don't eat ham? Duh don't eat it. I don't see laws being changed for vegetarians. Drinking Beverage
[+] 5 users Like Ferdinand's post
18-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Fucking food fetishists perpetuating porcine paranoia and pandering to parochial paranormal psychosis.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
18-07-2013, 12:22 PM
I have Danish family and I feel so sorry for them.

How stupid is this? I could understand it if they banned force-feeding Muslims pork but banning bringing it near them is a bit ridiculous. They are allowed to be near it, just not consume it. It is also probably been thought up by some toss-pot white guy and wasn't wanted by Muslims, Muslims will get the blame though, which is sad.

It also quite ironic for a country who's food industry has a big focus on bacon.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
18-07-2013, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2013 05:37 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-07-2013 12:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Fucking food fetishists perpetuating porcine paranoia and pandering to parochial paranormal psychosis.

Complete bullshit.
Why did Jews never rate high enough in their estimation to ban it out of respect for them ? Blatant discrimination.
Ancient Near Eastern dietary laws have no place in modern human law. Where exactly does this slippery slope end ? I think they also need to appoint an ayatollah to advise the Prime Minister.
And BTW, if Muslim immigrants can't live with the social customs of the countries they want to move to, then don't fucking move there.

This will prolly prove a pretty perverse piss poor practice, to pacify, pamper, and pander to paragons of phony purity who make me puke. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-07-2013, 12:31 PM
You're on your way to become the Islamic Republic of Denmark. Good luck!
18-07-2013, 03:02 PM
You got links ? I wanna know how the lawmakers justified it ? It's bizarre. Also how do people feel about it overall in Denmark ? Are they somewhat outraged and confused ? I would be.