Danish pre-schoolers no longer allowed pork.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Danish pre-schoolers no longer allowed pork.
(18-07-2013 03:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  You got links ? I wanna know how the lawmakers justified it ? It's bizarre. Also how do people feel about it overall in Denmark ? Are they somewhat outraged and confused ? I would be.

Sausage links? Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2013, 03:09 PM
(18-07-2013 12:31 PM)shiranl Wrote:  You're on your way to become the Islamic Republic of Denmark. Good luck!

How much pork gets served in the pre-school in Israel? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-07-2013, 03:18 PM
I say they should pass a law to teach muslims to stop being such cry babies and to suck it up.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
18-07-2013, 03:33 PM
(18-07-2013 03:18 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I say they should pass a law to teach muslims to stop being such cry babies and to suck it up.

Explosive cry-babies...

Wasn't it a Danish guy who first got into trouble over drawing Muhammed ?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-07-2013, 03:35 PM
(18-07-2013 12:31 PM)shiranl Wrote:  You're on your way to become the Islamic Republic of Denmark. Good luck!

More like the Islamic States of Europe. Seems like everytime I turn on the news some European country is bending over backwards to conform to whatever makes muslims happy. Next London will stop serving meals because it offends those observing Ramadan.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
18-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Better cover up that Little Mermaid statue too then. She needs a burkah right now.
This is a very slippery slope.
And what the hell? A norwegian woman (not the same, but neighbours) was convicted to 1,5 years in jail for being raped (sex outside of marriadge) this week in Dubai.
As long as their countries don't respect our customs, this cannot possibly happen.

I vote for more bacon in Epic Mealtime.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
18-07-2013, 03:39 PM
(18-07-2013 03:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-07-2013 03:18 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I say they should pass a law to teach muslims to stop being such cry babies and to suck it up.

Explosive cry-babies...

Wasn't it a Danish guy who first got into trouble over drawing Muhammed ?

Yep, Rasmussen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-P...ontroversy

(18-07-2013 03:35 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

More like the Islamic States of Europe. Seems like everytime I turn on the news some European country is bending over backwards to conform to whatever makes muslims happy. Next London will stop serving meals because it offends those observing Ramadan.

Yep, already here in Belgium all muslims get extra breaks at work for Ramadan, and extra eating breaks after sundown.
Also some companies give an extra day of paid leave for the end, the food-fest or whatever it's called when they completely binge.
Belgians are fucking pussies.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
18-07-2013, 03:42 PM
(18-07-2013 12:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Prissy pedantic pedagogues perpetuating porcine paranoia and pandering to parochial paranormal psychosis.

Fixt.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-07-2013, 03:58 PM
(18-07-2013 03:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  

How much pork gets served in the pre-school in Israel? Consider

If food was served in public pre-schools I would be very happy, even if it means those meals has to be under Kosher rules. But It isn't served in pre-schools, neither in elementry nor in high schools. Kids bring their food from their own homes.
Bacon as it is isn't a common meal here like it's in USA, but if a parent sends his kid with a bacon sandwich I don't think there will be a problem. The school doesn't check what the kids brought to lunch, they barely check if they even brought lunch.
18-07-2013, 06:32 PM
So when I read your thread title I somehow saw:
Danish pre-schoolers no longer allowed to pork
Which really struck me as odd, as you can imagine.

Anyhoo... Restricting diets like this either for religion, or to avoid offending religious seems to be one step toward a theocracy. Religious books provide guidelines and rules for those who believe in them, not for the entire population. Imagine what kind of disaster would result from applying every rules from every religion to a populace.

(channeling Chas: Curtailing cloven-hoof consummation could cause considerable corruption and chaos.)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]