Danish pre-schoolers no longer allowed pork.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2013, 02:41 AM
RE: Danish pre-schoolers no longer allowed pork.
(19-07-2013 02:27 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I'm gonna throw this out there and say i bet this is completly untrue. This sounds like one of those things 1 place did one time as a lesson on other cultures and some knuckle dragger has heard of it and used it as an excuse to stir up hatred of muslims. And the tabloids have picked it up put a spin on it and claimed its a new law being forced on the population by mulims. (The words "sharia law" will be thrown in for good measure)

I hope you're right. I did find a couple articles from 2006 suggesting this has been a hotly contested issue for some time. But nothing (aside from the daily mail article from 2012 saying it just happened) aside from some bloggers with heavy anti muslim bents.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2013, 02:55 AM
Hmpf. I went a googling and couldn't find anything... apart from blog & forum posts. It would be a huge story if it was true ? Can't imagine any of the major news outlets letting it go. Think you're right Scot. Damn... Lesson to me to fact-check.
19-07-2013, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2013 05:58 AM by Gaest.)
(18-07-2013 07:00 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Well I can link you to some newspapers that write about it, but it's all in Danish.

Please provide the links. I would really like to see the evidence for your claims.
19-07-2013, 08:05 AM
link?
19-07-2013, 08:42 AM
(18-07-2013 11:02 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Some news from my part of the world. I'm really curious as to what you guys think about this?

As from today, pork is no longer allowed in public nurseries, kindergartens and pre-schools classes here in DK.
It was recently decided by the government, that serving pork in these places, is disrespectful to Islam, and therefore it is now to be banned.
The reason behind aiming this ban at very young children only, apparently is that it will teach kids respect for other cultures at a young age (and not just because it's the age group, that can do literally nothing against something like this I bet Dodgy ).

But it's not just serving pork, neither kids or the people working in these places are allowed to bring a lunch containing pork nor are adults allowed to bring groceries bags, or other stuff like that, that could contain pork, into these places.

It has not jet been decided whatever or not this ban is going to include private institutions too.

Also some food for thought - According to the U.S. Department of State, approximately 3.7% of the population in Denmark is Muslim ( out of a population of 5.6 million).

Now tell me, what are your thoughts about this?

I've said this before, and I'll say it again:
Atheists (and Pastafarians especially) need to adopt pork as their sacred meat, to be consumed whenever, where ever and in whatever quantity we wish, as a sacrament.

Then we'll be able to counter these stupid Islam-friendly (i.e., everyone else unfriendly) regulations that pander to a segment of society that wants to infiltrate and overtake our culture and values (yes, I "value" pork, very much, thank you!). The next thing will be accommodating Sharia tribunals, then requiring that all women wear headscarves... the Islamization of the west is happening by small increments, but it is happening.

. . . all the gods were stories we told the children to make them behave. ~ Thoros of Myr (Game of Thrones, Episode 3:06)
[+] 3 users Like Scully's post
19-07-2013, 09:01 AM
There is no ban on pork in kindergardens/pre-schools in Denmark (yet), as far as I know. It is only some individual institutions that have chosen not to serve pork at all and/or only use halal-meat to respect Islam. Apparently it's fair to force-feed non-muslim kids with halal-meat.

My mother is the chef/cook in a nursery which is dominated with second generation immigrant children. The idea to not serve pork and only halal-meat did not come out of the blue from some danish politician. Muslims have been quite vocal about this "issue" for a long time in Denmark.

If you dont want your kids to eat pork/only halal-meat go live somewhere else. If pork is ever banned in institutions I will burn down an embassyAngry
19-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:Halal is an Arabic word meaning "lawful" or "permissible." The term covers not only food and drink, but also all matters of daily life.
The most common example of non-halal (or haraam) food is pork. While pork is the only meat that cannot be eaten by Muslims at all (due to hygienic concerns), foods other than pork can also be haraam. The criteria for non-pork items include its source, the cause of the animal's death, and how it was processed.
The food must come from a supplier that uses halal practices. Specifically, the slaughter must be performed by a Muslim, who must precede the slaughter by invoking the name of Allah, most commonly by saying "Bismillah" ("In the name of Allah"). Then, the animal must be slaughtered with a sharp knife (so the animal does not feel pain, as it quickens the death) by cutting the throat, windpipe and the blood vessels in the neck, causing the animal’s death without cutting the spinal cord. Lastly, the blood from the veins must be drained. This final step is performed because blood can harbor harmful bacteria, and also to ensure that there are no blood clots, thus keeping the entire body safe and clean to be eaten.
Muslims must also ensure that all foods (particularly processed foods), as well as non-food items like cosmetics and pharmaceuticals, are halal. Frequently, these products contain animal by-products or other ingredients that are not permissible for Muslims to eat or use on their bodies.

So only muslims can be butchers, all meat must be dry and tasteless and no bacon.

Go fuck yourselves.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
19-07-2013, 09:29 AM
(19-07-2013 09:01 AM)Jakel Wrote:  There is no ban on pork in kindergardens/pre-schools in Denmark (yet), as far as I know. It is only some individual institutions that have chosen not to serve pork at all and/or only use halal-meat to respect Islam. Apparently it's fair to force-feed non-muslim kids with halal-meat.

My mother is the chef/cook in a nursery which is dominated with second generation immigrant children. The idea to not serve pork and only halal-meat did not come out of the blue from some danish politician. Muslims have been quite vocal about this "issue" for a long time in Denmark.

If you dont want your kids to eat pork/only halal-meat go live somewhere else. If pork is ever banned in institutions I will burn down an embassyAngry

After we burn the embassy, we can roast pork sausages and fry bacon over the coals. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
19-07-2013, 09:30 AM
(19-07-2013 02:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Daily mail

Ah that explains it.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
19-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:And BTW, if Muslim immigrants can't live with the social customs of the countries they want to move to, then don't fucking move there.

This. This. This. This. And This.

Complete fucking bullshit.
I would send my child to pre school with a fucking pig carcass if that got passed here and I had kids.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post