Danish pre-schoolers no longer allowed pork.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: Danish pre-schoolers no longer allowed pork.
(19-07-2013 09:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-07-2013 09:01 AM)Jakel Wrote:  There is no ban on pork in kindergardens/pre-schools in Denmark (yet), as far as I know. It is only some individual institutions that have chosen not to serve pork at all and/or only use halal-meat to respect Islam. Apparently it's fair to force-feed non-muslim kids with halal-meat.

My mother is the chef/cook in a nursery which is dominated with second generation immigrant children. The idea to not serve pork and only halal-meat did not come out of the blue from some danish politician. Muslims have been quite vocal about this "issue" for a long time in Denmark.

If you dont want your kids to eat pork/only halal-meat go live somewhere else. If pork is ever banned in institutions I will burn down an embassyAngry

After we burn the embassy, we can roast pork sausages and fry bacon over the coals. Drooling

I love bacon cooked outdoors. Yummmmmm

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I love how some people have taken so much offense from this thread, they have actually been sending me angry PM's Smile

Let me say it again, I simply wanted to know what people felt about a topic like this.

As I also said before, most of what I've hear about this is from TV or the radio (or maybe I didn't make that clear, in which case I'm sorry).

(18-07-2013 03:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  You got links ? I wanna know how the lawmakers justified it ? It's bizarre. Also how do people feel about it overall in Denmark ? Are they somewhat outraged and confused ? I would be.

As for those that wanted the articles I was talking about, here are some.
I didn't care to find everything I could, because, well, I'm lazy.
But search "svinekød i børnehaver", and you will pretty much find articles about it on the homepage of every newspaper.

But be warned, the comment section on those articles are filled with racism.

http://www.b.dk/nationalt/flere-boerneha...vinekoedet

http://politiken.dk/tjek/forbrug/tjekmad...-for-alle/

http://politiken.dk/debat/profiler/jeric...llekrigen/

http://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/politik/d...043067.ece
22-07-2013, 12:42 PM
(19-07-2013 09:01 AM)Jakel Wrote:  There is no ban on pork in kindergardens/pre-schools in Denmark (yet), as far as I know. It is only some individual institutions that have chosen not to serve pork at all and/or only use halal-meat to respect Islam. Apparently it's fair to force-feed non-muslim kids with halal-meat.

My mother is the chef/cook in a nursery which is dominated with second generation immigrant children. The idea to not serve pork and only halal-meat did not come out of the blue from some danish politician. Muslims have been quite vocal about this "issue" for a long time in Denmark.

If you dont want your kids to eat pork/only halal-meat go live somewhere else. If pork is ever banned in institutions I will burn down an embassyAngry

About a week or so ago, they were talking about it a lot on the news. Back then they said it was a global thing.
Now however it seems it's only going to apply to institutions in the capital and the capital area (and one or 2 other major cities).

As for whatever the governments rule is, I'm not even sure any more. Some politicians have been very vocal about the topic, others have just claimed they don't care.
However it seems to be pretty much the same, as with the halal meat in the hospitals now.
22-07-2013, 12:51 PM
(22-07-2013 12:42 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  

About a week or so ago, they were talking about it a lot on the news. Back then they said it was a global thing.
Now however it seems it's only going to apply to institutions in the capital and the capital area (and one or 2 other major cities).

As for whatever the governments rule is, I'm not even sure any more. Some politicians have been very vocal about the topic, others have just claimed they don't care.
However it seems to be pretty much the same, as with the halal meat in the hospitals now.

I have not heard the news so I don't know what is going on there. But the links you posted (can't read the ones from politiken, my free quote of articles are spent for this month) does not talk about a ban from the government, but a volentary decision from the institutions side to stop serving pork, since (I guess) it's time consuming and more expensive if you have to make different food for different children. Still a huge problem in my opinion. If I had a kid that had to eat halal and/or no pork because of some misguided special care for religous parents I would go ape-shit crazyAngry
22-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Idiotic.

Perhaps it is merely self-regulation by certain institutions.

But the existence of vegetarians does not induce a restriction on all meat, even though the number of vegetarians in western Europe (and therefore in Denmark, I'm assuming) is generally 2-3% - ie, on the same order as the Muslim population. Idiotic.

... this is my signature!
22-07-2013, 01:35 PM
At least the Danish haven't banned these yet:

[Image: danish.jpg]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
22-07-2013, 03:01 PM
(22-07-2013 01:35 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  At least the Danish haven't banned these yet:

No, but It wouldn't surprise me if they did, considering the direction our society is going.

It has sugar in it, which is pure evil, and the only way to keep this country healthy is by outlawing that eeeeeeeeevil sugar (and fat).
22-07-2013, 03:24 PM
(22-07-2013 03:01 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  
(22-07-2013 01:35 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  At least the Danish haven't banned these yet:

No, but It wouldn't surprise me if they did, considering the direction our society is going.

It has sugar in it, which is pure evil, and the only way to keep this country healthy is by outlawing that eeeeeeeeevil sugar (and fat).

Please don't tell me you are one of those misanthropic libertarians too. Dodgy

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
22-07-2013, 03:32 PM
(22-07-2013 03:24 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-07-2013 03:01 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  No, but It wouldn't surprise me if they did, considering the direction our society is going.

Please don't tell me you are one of those misanthropic libertarians too. Dodgy

I don't think one has to be a libertarian to recognize a bit too intrusive regulation.Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2013, 03:43 PM
I grew up in a densely populated area with all sorts of diverse people. Local hospitals in San Francisco , served a wide variety of ethnic foods and would regularly even order "take out" for patients with extra religious dietary concerns.

It was great being hospitalized there. Best food I ever ate. I was in the hospital for around 4 weeks...the food was one thing I didn't complain about.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon