Dare some Japanese supporting calling on the Yasukuni have a word with me here?

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
31-12-2013, 01:57 AM
RE: Dare some Japanese supporting calling on the Yasukuni have a word with me here?
(31-12-2013 01:00 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  There is no honour in craving the destruction of Japan. There is no honour in craving the death of an invalid. Instead, crave her revival - next time as friend rather than foe.

Good luck with that.

[Image: JAPAN06.png]

[Image: JAPAN05.png]

[Image: 250px-Anti-jp.jpg]

[Image: racist-sign-in-china-japan-anger-01-2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0085.JPG]

[Image: 00016c42b36b11ccb78a49.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
31-12-2013, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2013 07:59 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
RE: Dare some Japanese supporting calling on the Yasukuni have a word with me here?
(31-12-2013 01:00 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Do you think that Japan remains a threat to China? I wonder if this is a case where China could do well to recognise its own power and to let tensions with those whose power is ended fade away instead of increasing. It seems there are no real external threats to China now. Unless China were to go to war with the US or perhaps with Russia there is no reason for China to fear any nation.

With power comes a responsibility to ease tensions rather than increase them, to extend the hand of friendship even when it is slapped aside, to show fortitude and integrity when those around you act like children.

There is no honour in craving the destruction of Japan. There is no honour in craving the death of an invalid. Instead, crave her revival - next time as friend rather than foe.

If you happen to have read my other "Memory" thread, you will see that US was a friend and Japan was a friend. Then the USSR collapsed. And China didn't seem that "friendly" anymore to part of the West, though she managed to have remained through a more or less similar chain of events. "There's no permanent friends nor enemy, just permanent interest". After all, the essense of relations is benefit (with the broader definition). After China became a competitor rather than a customer to Japan, and Japan became a competitor rather than a lender and role model to China, the rest happened very naturally.

Besides, Japan is not only Japan, there always is its "unbiased" "no double standard" ally, the US, to whom terrorist attacks simply do not exist in China, purely dissidents making their voices heard, only just occasionally with a little over-reaction Laughat .

I don't crave for destructing Japan. I am just enjoying the fun of watching Japan's self-destruction. I cheer for Japan's Prime Mininster Abe and I pray that he should stay in office as long as God permits. And also may God bless America with more President Bush. Bowing

Edit: God, if possible, an appropriate amount of John McCarthy will also be appreciated. Earmuffs ... also acceptable only if used in a gigantic dosage.

Edit2: NZ will become actually no threat if it quits messing with US' spying program.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
31-12-2013, 02:20 AM
(31-12-2013 01:57 AM)Chippy Wrote:  [Image: 250px-Anti-jp.jpg]

Blush We are merely copy-cats, not as original as the predecessors. Just paying tribute to them.

31-12-2013, 02:27 AM
(31-12-2013 02:20 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Blush Simply paying tribute to the predecessors.

I understand.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2014, 10:43 PM
(27-12-2013 03:32 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I am Chinese. You are Japanese.

I am still licking my wounds of the Nanjing Massacre. You consider calling on a shrine with convicted Class A War Criminals as "paying tribute to those who sacrificed for the country".

Why don't we clarify things up a little so that in future we are more determined to cut up each other's throat ?

I am an ordinary interpreter of the English language. I don't like war, yet am not afraid of one. If you are familiar with history, you probably would know what happened nearly 100 years ago between China and Japan. I encourage you to do that again for the sake of its 100-year anniversary.

Let's not pretend that generations' old war mongering by Japan is a fight that should still be avenged after their complete and total military defeat at the hands of the US in WWII.

What I especially like about Chinese irrational hatred of the Japanese is that it causes the Chinese to overreact as they have recently done with claims on islands that didn't seem to matter until it was thought there might be oil offshore.

Obama has been playing the Chinese like a fiddle. Every aggressive move by the Chinese results in further cementing US relationships with all the countries surrounding China in Southeast Asia. Japan has few friends in the area due to their history, but neighbors take notice of Chinese saber rattling and wonder if they are next.

On a side note, Junyuan, you are being quit the good communist toady, demonstrating your two minutes of hate for the Japanese on queue from the Chicoms now that they are upset over Japanese ownership of islands off of Senkaku.
03-01-2014, 12:29 AM
(31-12-2013 02:15 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I don't crave for destructing Japan. I am just enjoying the fun of watching Japan's self-destruction. I cheer for Japan's Prime Mininster Abe and I pray that he should stay in office as long as God permits. And also may God bless America with more President Bush. Bowing

These are the seeds China's people sow for her destruction. China is one of the most powerful nations on earth, but a China that hates cannot lead the world. A China that hates and a China that craves the destruction of her enemies long past is not yet ready to stand among other nations as their equal. A China that hates and a China that craves the destruction of her enemies long past can never be the 君子.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
03-01-2014, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 01:15 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(03-01-2014 12:29 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  These are the seeds China's people sow for her destruction. China is one of the most powerful nations on earth, but a China that hates cannot lead the world. A China that hates and a China that craves the destruction of her enemies long past is not yet ready to stand among other nations as their equal. A China that hates and a China that craves the destruction of her enemies long past can never be the 君子.

OK. You win.

I then only wish those Japanese who feel sorry for the Nanjing Massacre good luck with their Prime Minister.

For the rest, I agree with Confucius (is he a 君子 ?):
The Analects
Someone asked Confucius, "what about returning ill with kindness ?"
Confucius answered, "returning ill with kindness, then, with what to return kindness ? Had better return ill with justice, and return kindness with kindness."

Is this fair enough now? Unsure

It's interesting when ancient wisdoms agree with each other, I mean, "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth".

03-01-2014, 02:17 AM
(03-01-2014 01:03 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 12:29 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  These are the seeds China's people sow for her destruction. China is one of the most powerful nations on earth, but a China that hates cannot lead the world. A China that hates and a China that craves the destruction of her enemies long past is not yet ready to stand among other nations as their equal. A China that hates and a China that craves the destruction of her enemies long past can never be the 君子.

OK. You win.

I then only wish those Japanese who feel sorry for the Nanjing Massacre good luck with their Prime Minister.

The Analects
Confucius answered, "returning ill with kindness, then, with what to return kindness ? Had better return ill with justice, and return kindness with kindness."

It's interesting when ancient wisdoms agree with each other, I mean, "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth".

You do realize that the "ancient wisdom" of "eye for an eye" is from the Bible. I prefer the modern wisdom "eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind".
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
03-01-2014, 07:30 AM
(03-01-2014 01:03 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  

OK. You win.

The Analects

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a limb for a limb, a life for a life, a family for a family, a friend for a friend..."
As much as the notion of returning ones grievances upon the inflictor appeals to me, the rational part of my brain makes a slightly more appealing opposite in form of a two-part question: "When do you stop paying vengeance for vengeance when it just unendingly causes itself? At what point does it stop?"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
03-01-2014, 11:39 AM
This wouldn't be a bunch of saber rattling over those disputed islands, would it ?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade