DareDevil Season 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 02:17 AM
DareDevil Season 2
The motherfucking Punisher is in town. Bang!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-03-2016, 11:20 AM
RE: DareDevil Season 2
Yeah...I've got shit to do...and will be stuck in Jurassic hell later.

I need to watch it, but can't until I've got time to pay attention.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Spoiler Free Portion

Overall I think Season 2 was an improvement on season 1, since all the characters are established in the main group we don't need hour long boring kill the pace episodes like "Nelson v Murdock". For non-comic fans Punisher is handled perfectly his arc is explained well and briefly (granted I would assume most people know who he is and what he does) Electra however may have been too much too soon if you are not at least mildly familiar with the character. The highlights of the season were definitely all the Punisher related stuff, for the first time an onscreen representation of the character has fully worked. If anything Punisher worked so well that it made the later antagonists The Hand seem less thrilling and very much more comic booky. They took the action up a few notches and even managed to surpass "The Hallway" fight from S1E2 a few times.

The show had me when at the end of episode 1 "Bang" Castle shoot Daredevil in the head and quietly says Bang. I will say I am less than thrilled with the whole Hand can bring people back from the dead thing. Stick's return was amazing and having him around for more than 1 episode was nice. I did not like the throwaway date with Carol either do the romance or don't stop jerking us around with it. My favorite thing was the episode that adapted this classic DD Punisher moment.

Rating 5*/5*

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-03-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm on episode 3. I'll reserve comment until I'm done with the whole season.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-03-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm a big fan of The Punisher, but I HATE that actor from The Walking Dead... I keep hoping that Rick will show up and stab him in the gaddam heart.
26-03-2016, 06:47 AM
Shane did a great job as Punisher. I love this show, it's the best thing that Marvel made.

Pure 10/10

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
26-03-2016, 07:42 PM
I thought Daredevil was the least interesting character in this series. Punisher had me from the get go. Have him have his own show.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post