Daredevil Netflix Series

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2015, 08:49 AM
Daredevil Netflix Series
So the buzz on this has been overwhelmingly positive. I have seen the first episode (have all 13 downloaded) and so far it is pretty amazing. Stunt work is great the feel is perfect (dark and raining, gritty New York) it does a great job of giving a very brief backstory on Matt Murdock. The series (at least this season) is based on the seminal Frank Miller "Daredevil; The Man without Fear" run. If you have a Netflix account the entire series is available and I recommend you check it out.

This is the first in 5 planned series, to be followed by Jessica Jones, Dr Who fans take note David Tennant is playing the main villain in that series. After that Luke Cage and Iron Fist both get their own series to lead into "The Defenders" which is going to be a street level Avengers.

[Image: 4465731-4396641797-dd4-10.jpeg]
The Original Comic

[Image: daredevil-charlie-cox.jpg]
From the show

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-04-2015, 08:52 AM
RE: Daredevil Netflix Series
Not my kind of thing but my son is totally enjoying it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-04-2015, 09:49 AM
I'm definitely going to check this and those other series out. These Netflix and Amazon original series are making some really quality television.

I've heard of the one with David Tennant too, is that series actually going to be called Jessica jones?
12-04-2015, 10:01 AM
It's so dark, even by DC standards it's dark, and this is marvel!
12-04-2015, 10:04 AM
(12-04-2015 09:49 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I'm definitely going to check this and those other series out. These Netflix and Amazon original series are making some really quality television.

I've heard of the one with David Tennant too, is that series actually going to be called Jessica jones?

The show will be called AKA Jessica Jones. Be warned that one is may be a bit mature. It seems to be based on the old Alias comic that was published under the Marvel Max line aka the Adult Content one. The character that David Tennant is playing "The Purple Man" was a telepathic mass rapist that took control of Jessica and forced her to help him commit his crimes. Not been announced whether they will follow that plot or not.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-04-2015, 10:05 AM
(12-04-2015 10:04 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 09:49 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I'm definitely going to check this and those other series out. These Netflix and Amazon original series are making some really quality television.

The show will be called AKA Jessica Jones. Be warned that one is may be a bit mature. It seems to be based on the old Alias comic that was published under the Marvel Max line aka the Adult Content one. The character that David Tennant is playing "The Purple Man" was a telepathic mass rapist that took control of Jessica and forced her to help him commit his crimes. Not been announced whether they will follow that plot or not.

Sounds fantastic!
12-04-2015, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2015 10:23 AM by grizzlysnake.)
Looks like I have to leech off someones Netflix account again, oh darnTongue

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
12-04-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm up to Ep. 5, and, so far, I couldn't be more pleased. Vincent D' Onofrio couldn't have picked a better time to let himself go Big Grin He's great as Wilson Fisk (much better than his Thor portrayal Tongue). Hell, the entire cast is dead on. Chubby dude from Idle Hand as Foggy Nelson; come on! Perfect.

I really like what Marvel is doing with there street level heroes. Giving them the spot light on the Netflix format is just really smart.
[+] 1 user Likes Exian's post
12-04-2015, 02:33 PM
I watched the first epsisode while running around doing laundry. But....

I think I missed something kinda vital, so before moving on, I guess I'll need to watch it again.

Rev -- hint please are the "hero's" spoken of the avengers?

I think I noticed one or two veiled references but they might be referring to something else?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-04-2015, 02:42 PM
(12-04-2015 02:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I watched the first epsisode while running around doing laundry. But....

I think I missed something kinda vital, so before moving on, I guess I'll need to watch it again.

Rev -- hint please are the "hero's" spoken of the avengers?

I think I noticed one or two veiled references but they might be referring to something else?

Yes, they reference the Chitauri invasion several times during this show (as it is set in the same universe) one of the trailers even made a joke about how if they were being beaten by a guy in a billion dollar suit of armor or holding a magic hammer then it would be acceptable.

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post