Daredevil Netflix Series

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: Daredevil Netflix Series
(12-04-2015 02:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 02:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I watched the first epsisode while running around doing laundry. But....

I think I missed something kinda vital, so before moving on, I guess I'll need to watch it again.

Rev -- hint please are the "hero's" spoken of the avengers?

I think I noticed one or two veiled references but they might be referring to something else?

Yes, they reference the Chitauri invasion several times during this show (as it is set in the same universe) one of the trailers even made a joke about how if they were being beaten by a guy in a billion dollar suit of armor or holding a magic hammer then it would be acceptable.

I have to sit and actualy pay attention -- most shows I can do other stuff while it's on.

Dodgy

So far though I'm liking it. Thumbsup I passed on it initially although I added it to my queue -- your thread reminded me....since I'm not doing too much today, I thought I'd give it a try.

So far the story is compelling.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-04-2015, 03:33 PM
(12-04-2015 03:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 02:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes, they reference the Chitauri invasion several times during this show (as it is set in the same universe) one of the trailers even made a joke about how if they were being beaten by a guy in a billion dollar suit of armor or holding a magic hammer then it would be acceptable.

I have to sit and actualy pay attention -- most shows I can do other stuff while it's on.

Dodgy

So far though I'm liking it. Thumbsup I passed on it initially although I added it to my queue -- your thread reminded me....since I'm not doing too much today, I thought I'd give it a try.

So far the story is compelling.

Daredevil is a great character simply because he is not rich, not super powered (beyond heightened senses and an echolocation thing) so he can't just throw money or superpowers at every problem. Makes his stories a bit more compelling because he can be hurt and often is.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-04-2015, 01:52 AM
Episode 7: Stick.... Fucking awesome.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-04-2015, 02:09 AM
I've heard two things, my brother likes it and separately I learned a guy from the mighty ducks series is in it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-04-2015, 02:22 AM
Saw episode one, good shit. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-04-2015, 05:06 PM
AKA Jessica Jones on set photos

[Image: zhNWENz.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Kid friendly?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
15-04-2015, 06:29 PM
(15-04-2015 06:23 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Kid friendly?

Nooooooooo Laugh out load Not even a little. If they cut out a couple of scenes they could score a TV-MA rating on a network.

15-04-2015, 06:35 PM
(15-04-2015 06:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:23 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Kid friendly?

Nooooooooo Laugh out load Not even a little. If they cut out a couple of scenes they could score a TV-MA rating on a network.

But my kid is mature for his age....

Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
15-04-2015, 06:36 PM
(15-04-2015 06:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Nooooooooo Laugh out load Not even a little. If they cut out a couple of scenes they could score a TV-MA rating on a network.

But my kid is mature for his age....

Tongue

There is at least 1 scene of a bone breaking so bad it pierces the skin and another of a corpse that has been gnawed by rats and had rib poking out of the hole.