Dark Helmet's bipartisan thread [split] Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Dark Helmet's bipartisan thread [split] Comey fired
(08-06-2017 08:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 07:32 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Comey's word against Trump's.

Unless there's tapes. If there are tapes they will come out. Comey didn't seem worried about it in the least. On the contrary, he wants them to come out if there are. And he, unlike Trump or his incompetent lawyer, is testifying under oath fully cognizant of the criminal penalties for perjury. If there aren't tapes then Trump's tweets about "tapes" make him at the very least, in the words of Harry Potter lady, "a tiny, tiny, tiny little man."

Either way, you're hilarious. The word of a man who lies indiscriminately about the most trifling shit with no regard to the fact that google is 2 seconds away or even giving a shit when he's caught in a lie against the head of the FBI. The word of a man who lied for years about Obama's birthplace. The word of a man who is so insecure he feels the need to lie about the size of his inauguration crowd (yet another lie I remember you vigorously defending). The word of a man who is so insecure he feels compelled to lie about the size of his electoral college victory. The word of a man who is so insecure he feels compelled to lie about voter fraud because he can't handle losing the popular vote. The word of a man who is so unstable he attacks one of our closest allies in the Middle East. The word of a man who lies to the face of coal workers saying he's gonna give them some of those black lung jobs when the head of the coal companies' association says those jobs have been lost to automation and ain't coming back. The word of a man so insecure he felt compelled to lie about Obama bugging Trump Tower. The word of a man so insecure ... I'm tired of typing. But you do entertain me.

It's cool. I understand the pain some of you are feeling. It's not about Trump. It never was.

The American people are rejecting democrats across the country. It stings. Republicans got their supreme court pick. Maybe 1-2 more before this term is up. Trump just filled 11 federal court positions, and has 109 more to fill.

I understand the pain liberals/progressives/democrats feel. If I was in those shoes with a democrat President, democrat congress, mounting losses at the state level, and a liberal supreme court I would be a wreck too.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2017, 09:47 PM
RE: Comey fired
(08-06-2017 09:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's not about Trump.

Willfully ignorant. Try again.

08-06-2017, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2017 10:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-06-2017 09:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's cool. I understand the pain some of you are feeling. It's not about Trump. It never was.

The American people are rejecting democrats across the country. It stings. Republicans got their supreme court pick. Maybe 1-2 more before this term is up. Trump just filled 11 federal court positions, and has 109 more to fill.

I understand the pain liberals/progressives/democrats feel. If I was in those shoes with a democrat President, democrat congress, mounting losses at the state level, and a liberal supreme court I would be a wreck too.

#PeeTape
[Image: peetape_zpslti0xwpd.png]

"However, there were other aspects of TRUMP’s engagement to the Russian authorities. One which had borne fruit for them was to exploit TRUMP’s personal obsessions and sexual perversion in order to obtain suitable ‘kompromat’ (compromising material) on him. According to source D, where s/he had been present, TRUMP’s (perverted) conduct in Moscow included hiring the presidential suite of the Ritz Carlton Hotel, where he knew President and Mrs OBAMA (whom he hated) had stayed on one of their official trips to Russia, and defiling the bed where they had slept by employing a number of prostitutes to perform a ‘golden showers’ (urination) show in front of him. The hotel was known to be under FSB control with microphones and concealed cameras in all the main rooms to record anything they wanted to." - British MI6 document

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
08-06-2017, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2017 11:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-06-2017 09:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 08:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Unless there's tapes. If there are tapes they will come out. Comey didn't seem worried about it in the least. On the contrary, he wants them to come out if there are. And he, unlike Trump or his incompetent lawyer, is testifying under oath fully cognizant of the criminal penalties for perjury. If there aren't tapes then Trump's tweets about "tapes" make him at the very least, in the words of Harry Potter lady, "a tiny, tiny, tiny little man."

Either way, you're hilarious. The word of a man who lies indiscriminately about the most trifling shit with no regard to the fact that google is 2 seconds away or even giving a shit when he's caught in a lie against the head of the FBI. The word of a man who lied for years about Obama's birthplace. The word of a man who is so insecure he feels the need to lie about the size of his inauguration crowd (yet another lie I remember you vigorously defending). The word of a man who is so insecure he feels compelled to lie about the size of his electoral college victory. The word of a man who is so insecure he feels compelled to lie about voter fraud because he can't handle losing the popular vote. The word of a man who is so unstable he attacks one of our closest allies in the Middle East. The word of a man who lies to the face of coal workers saying he's gonna give them some of those black lung jobs when the head of the coal companies' association says those jobs have been lost to automation and ain't coming back. The word of a man so insecure he felt compelled to lie about Obama bugging Trump Tower. The word of a man so insecure ... I'm tired of typing. But you do entertain me.

It's cool. I understand the pain some of you are feeling. It's not about Trump. It never was.

You just keep lying to yourself.
The REPUBLICAN Chairman of the Intelligence Committee said he trusts Comey ... a REPUBLICAN. "Chairman Richard Burr of North Carolina said, “I trust James Comey” and does not believe he lied".
The ENTIRE Western world is aghast at the fool in the White House.
It IS mostly about Trump. Nothing else has been on the news for months.

The country has REJECTED the repeal of Obama Care, and the Republicans who are trying to sell it. They've also rejected his joke of a budget.

Dumpy hasn't passed even a tiny fraction of the crap he said would happen in 100 days. He's the worst president in history.

Just because you're the fool trying to excuse his lies and treacherous behavior, doesn't mean the country will, or is as gullible or stupid as you are.

He LOST the popular vote. Republicans do not act or think as a "block". The Freedom Caucus blocked the repeal of Obama Care. Your false notion that Republicans act together as a unit, is horseshit. It stings, I know.
The Republicans NEVER ever had a plan to deal with health care. They still don't. Yeah. It's not *all* about Trump. Trump has hundreds of unfilled positions. Roberts was the REPUBLICAN who said Obama care was a tax. You can't ever be certain the way anyone will rule on any court. And if you think you are, you know nothing about history. And if you actually think that judges rule on the basis of political persuasion, or that it's American if they do, and not the law, then you're even more stupid than anyone had imagined.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-06-2017, 11:23 PM
(08-06-2017 10:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 09:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's cool. I understand the pain some of you are feeling. It's not about Trump. It never was.

You just keep lying to yourself.
The ENTIRE Western world is aghast at the fool in the White House.
It IS mostly about Trump. Nothing else has been on the news for months.

Can partially confirm; am part of the rest of the Western World; we are aghast at the insanity on display.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 10 users Like Free Thought's post
08-06-2017, 11:28 PM
I'm a little worried for Comey. A lot of powerful people hate him on both sides. The way he leaked that information through his friend might be used against him.
09-06-2017, 01:18 AM
The thing is with Trump's administration is that they continually either miss the point or they intentionally deflect and confuse their own flock.

With regards to the White house response to Comey's hearing:
Trump's lawyer comes out and talks about Trump not being under personal investigation, as if this is some revelation. He mis-states that this is contrary to news media claims.

As far as I know it has only ever been reported that there is an investigation into Russian collusion with some people associated to Trump's campaign. There has never been a claim that Trump himself was colluding.

The problem that Trump is personally facing is with regards to his asking of Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn, as well as his insistence on Comey's loyalty and his reasons behind firing of Comey (especially as Trump is on record as saying he was thinking about the Russion collusion when he made the decision).

So Trump's guys are trying very hard to twist this into something else. It seems his flock are just going with this (see LDH in this threat) rather than focusing on the actual issue.

It appears very much that Comey is as straight as it comes, highly professional and to be trusted. In a his word, my word fight, well Trump has often proved to be telling lies or completely missing the point.

I think it is interesting that all this time Trump has only ever been worried about whether the investigation is focused on him. All his attempts to interfere have completely been focused on his self centered self and his image, he shows no concern about the actions of others in his party.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
09-06-2017, 01:57 AM
(09-06-2017 01:18 AM)Stevil Wrote:  The thing is with Trump's administration is that they continually either miss the point or they intentionally deflect and confuse their own flock.

With regards to the White house response to Comey's hearing:
Trump's lawyer comes out and talks about Trump not being under personal investigation, as if this is some revelation. He mis-states that this is contrary to news media claims.

As far as I know it has only ever been reported that there is an investigation into Russian collusion with some people associated to Trump's campaign. There has never been a claim that Trump himself was colluding.

The problem that Trump is personally facing is with regards to his asking of Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn, as well as his insistence on Comey's loyalty and his reasons behind firing of Comey (especially as Trump is on record as saying he was thinking about the Russion collusion when he made the decision).

So Trump's guys are trying very hard to twist this into something else. It seems his flock are just going with this (see LDH in this threat) rather than focusing on the actual issue.

It appears very much that Comey is as straight as it comes, highly professional and to be trusted. In a his word, my word fight, well Trump has often proved to be telling lies or completely missing the point.

I think it is interesting that all this time Trump has only ever been worried about whether the investigation is focused on him. All his attempts to interfere have completely been focused on his self centered self and his image, he shows no concern about the actions of others in his party.

Indirectly, he is under investigation, even if not technically. They are working on his minions any of whom could reveal incriminating material pointing back to the boss.

The investigation also runs the risk of unearthing some other dirt unrelated to collusion. Perhaps a money laundering scam. I suspect that is what bothers Trump the most.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
09-06-2017, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 02:28 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Trump Inc was radio-active. They had a long history of not paying their bills, and walking away from agreements. We found out this week they even stiffed big law firms. Normal banks and financial capital institutions would have nothing to do with his shady company. The corrupt Russian oligarchs were his source of capital. 100 billion dollars of oil money was at stake because of the sanctions the US placed on Russia when they invaded their neighbors. As reported in the past few months in multiple news outlets, Trump Inc repeatedly, (and continues to this day) broke the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. The day is coming when the Trump crooks will be exposed and go to jail. Dumpy knows that. Pooh-Tin knew if he was elected, he could hold those facts over his head to get the sanctions reversed. This has NOTHING to do with Democratic or Republican values. It's nothing but a story of sleazy greed and corruption.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2017, 06:33 AM
(09-06-2017 06:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Trump Inc was radio-active. They had a long history of not paying their bills, and walking away from agreements. We found out this week they even stiffed big law firms. Normal banks and financial capital institutions would have nothing to do with his shady company. The corrupt Russian oligarchs were his source of capital. 100 billiion dollars of oil money was at stake because of the sanctions the US placed on Russia when they invaded their neighbors. As reported in the past few months in multiple news outlets, Trump Inc repeatedly, (and continues to this day) broke the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. The day is coming when the Trump crooks will be exposed and go to jail. Dumpy knows that. Pooh-Tin knew if he was elected, he could hold those facts over his head to get the sanctions reversed. This has NOTHING to do with Democratic or Republican values. It's nothing but a story of sleazy greed and corruption.

^^^^^^^So much this.

Trump wanted Comey to say he wasn't under investigation, not because that was true, but because he didn't want any investigation unearthing his past.

Really no different than going after drug dealers. The investigation may be on one side of the web not yet seeing the entire web, that is what Comey meant by saying "you are not under investigation".

The totality of Trump's business history combined with his smarmy run only means currently he is getting away with it. Comey has really opened the door this time and I hope it will finally put Trump in his place.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post