Dark Helmet's bipartisan thread [split] Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2017, 08:23 AM
RE: Comey fired
(08-06-2017 09:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 08:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Unless there's tapes. If there are tapes they will come out. Comey didn't seem worried about it in the least. On the contrary, he wants them to come out if there are. And he, unlike Trump or his incompetent lawyer, is testifying under oath fully cognizant of the criminal penalties for perjury. If there aren't tapes then Trump's tweets about "tapes" make him at the very least, in the words of Harry Potter lady, "a tiny, tiny, tiny little man."

Either way, you're hilarious. The word of a man who lies indiscriminately about the most trifling shit with no regard to the fact that google is 2 seconds away or even giving a shit when he's caught in a lie against the head of the FBI. The word of a man who lied for years about Obama's birthplace. The word of a man who is so insecure he feels the need to lie about the size of his inauguration crowd (yet another lie I remember you vigorously defending). The word of a man who is so insecure he feels compelled to lie about the size of his electoral college victory. The word of a man who is so insecure he feels compelled to lie about voter fraud because he can't handle losing the popular vote. The word of a man who is so unstable he attacks one of our closest allies in the Middle East. The word of a man who lies to the face of coal workers saying he's gonna give them some of those black lung jobs when the head of the coal companies' association says those jobs have been lost to automation and ain't coming back. The word of a man so insecure he felt compelled to lie about Obama bugging Trump Tower. The word of a man so insecure ... I'm tired of typing. But you do entertain me.

It's cool. I understand the pain some of you are feeling. It's not about Trump. It never was.

The American people are rejecting democrats across the country. It stings. Republicans got their supreme court pick. Maybe 1-2 more before this term is up. Trump just filled 11 federal court positions, and has 109 more to fill.

I understand the pain liberals/progressives/democrats feel. If I was in those shoes with a democrat President, democrat congress, mounting losses at the state level, and a liberal supreme court I would be a wreck too.

We must be watching different channels; your boy has a 35% approval rate. Your party is not even remotely united. Just because your Trump loving portion is doubling down doesn't mean your party is growing stronger.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2017, 08:56 AM
(09-06-2017 08:23 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 09:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's cool. I understand the pain some of you are feeling. It's not about Trump. It never was.

The American people are rejecting democrats across the country. It stings. Republicans got their supreme court pick. Maybe 1-2 more before this term is up. Trump just filled 11 federal court positions, and has 109 more to fill.

I understand the pain liberals/progressives/democrats feel. If I was in those shoes with a democrat President, democrat congress, mounting losses at the state level, and a liberal supreme court I would be a wreck too.

We must be watching different channels; your boy has a 35% approval rate. Your party is not even remotely united. Just because your Trump loving portion is doubling down doesn't mean your party is growing stronger.

Besides, it has long stopped being about republicans and democrats. It's about a crazy man and the Russians.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-06-2017, 10:27 AM
(09-06-2017 08:23 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 09:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's cool. I understand the pain some of you are feeling. It's not about Trump. It never was.

Forgive me if I don't trust polls. You don't get it. I don't care if it's Trump. Or if he's forced to quit and Pence gets the job. I don't care if Trump never won the nomination, and one of the other republicans got it. To me, this was always about the supreme court vacancy and the 120 open federal court spots. As well as the ACA and a few issues with immigration. Any Republican is fine with me. As long as it wasn't a democrat filling those court vacancies.

We all know Trump isn't presidential material. He's in way over his head. I'd prefer is he resigned and Pence got in there because the only thing the left could attack him with is his politics.

Trump isn't doing very many things different than any other Republican, policy-wise. But he carries the baggage of being poorly spoken, a narcissist, maybe seeing the begginings of going senile due to age, and being hated for beating Hillary when everyone was so sure he'd lose.

But we're all stuck with him. Maybe for 8 years. This game the media is playing attacking him over and over, reporting things that are most likely fake just to make him look bad, is going to haunt them come the next election. The never ending crying wolf is going to get him reelected.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
09-06-2017, 10:37 AM
(09-06-2017 10:27 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We all know Trump isn't presidential material. He's in way over his head.

I'm glad, and relieved, LDH, that you've finally realized what many of us here have been saying all along.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
09-06-2017, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 11:37 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-06-2017 10:27 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  To me, this was always about the supreme court vacancy and the 120 open federal court spots. As well as the ACA and a few issues with immigration. Any Republican is fine with me. As long as it wasn't a democrat filling those court vacancies.

The Supreme Court is not changed. The Republicans subverted the Constitution by not even giving Obama's nominee a hearing. SCOTUS is the same as it used to be with Scalia, (except now there is a judge who actually ruled that it was reasonable to expect a worker to risk his life and DIE to stay with his employer's property, the "Frozen Trucker" case). Republicans nominating judges changes nothing, and the IDEA that is does, is totally UNAMERICAN and UNPATRIOTIC, as it assumes they rule on the basis of political views and not the LAW. Good judges rule ONLY on the law, Democrat OR Republican. The idea they don't is totally FUCKED UP. Republican judges, if they have ANY integrity, rule ONLY on the law. Interesting LDH thinks SO LITTLE of the integrity of Republican judges.

Funny how we used to hear from LDH about how un-American Obama was due to his executive orders. Trump has outpaced him. Do you hear anything about that from Two-Face-LDH now ? LOL
http://www.indy100.com/article/donald-tr...od-7683676

The ACA is not repealed. They have no plan. The American people do not want the ACA repealed, as we have seen from Town Halls all over the country. They support it, (as long as the very same thing is not called "Obama Care").
http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/arc...-obamacare

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-06-2017, 11:50 AM
(09-06-2017 11:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 10:27 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  To me, this was always about the supreme court vacancy and the 120 open federal court spots. As well as the ACA and a few issues with immigration. Any Republican is fine with me. As long as it wasn't a democrat filling those court vacancies.

The Supreme Court is not changed. The Republicans subverted the Constitution by not even giving Obama's nominee a hearing. SCOTUS is the same as it used to be with Scalia, (except now there is a judge who actually ruled that it was reasonable to expect a worker to risk his life and DIE to stay with his employer's property, the "Frozen Trucker" case). Republicans nominating judges changes nothing, and the IDEA that is does, is totally UNAMERICAN and UNPATRIOTIC, as it assumes they rule on the basis of political views and not the LAW. Good judges rule ONLY on the law, Democrat OR Republican. The idea they don't is totally FUCKED UP. Republican judges, if they have ANY integrity, rule ONLY on the law. Interesting LDH thinks SO LITTLE of the integrity of Republican judges.

Funny how we used to hear from LDH about how un-American Obama was due to his executive orders. Trump has outpaced him. Do you hear anything about that from Two-Face-LDH now ? LOL

The ACA is not repealed. They have no plan. The American people do not want the ACA repealed, as we have seen from Town Halls all over the country. They support it, (as long as the very same thing is not called "Obama Care").

Two things.

1. There are liberal judges and conservative judges. This is a fact. There are things that most judges will agree on, but we all know what separates them. Gun rights, gay rights, religion, criminal penalties etc.

2. It's not the number of executive orders, it's the scope. The president is the director of the EXECUTIVE branch so it should be no problem that a president will issue EXECUTIVE orders. The problems arise when a president uses executive orders to alter or ignore laws written by the legislative branch. Obama did that too many times.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
09-06-2017, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 09:59 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-06-2017 11:50 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 11:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Supreme Court is not changed. The Republicans subverted the Constitution by not even giving Obama's nominee a hearing. SCOTUS is the same as it used to be with Scalia, (except now there is a judge who actually ruled that it was reasonable to expect a worker to risk his life and DIE to stay with his employer's property, the "Frozen Trucker" case). Republicans nominating judges changes nothing, and the IDEA that is does, is totally UNAMERICAN and UNPATRIOTIC, as it assumes they rule on the basis of political views and not the LAW. Good judges rule ONLY on the law, Democrat OR Republican. The idea they don't is totally FUCKED UP. Republican judges, if they have ANY integrity, rule ONLY on the law. Interesting LDH thinks SO LITTLE of the integrity of Republican judges.

Two things.

1. There are liberal judges and conservative judges. This is a fact. There are things that most judges will agree on, but we all know what separates them. Gun rights, gay rights, religion, criminal penalties etc.

2. It's not the number of executive orders, it's the scope. The president is the director of the EXECUTIVE branch so it should be no problem that a president will issue EXECUTIVE orders. The problems arise when a president uses executive orders to alter or ignore laws written by the legislative branch. Obama did that too many times.

1. You have no clue what separates judges, and what does not separate judges. You provide NO references, polls or studies. All you can do is apply your bias to what you assume they will do. Roberts upheld the ACA. Was THAT a "conservative" action ? The idea that conservative judges are against EQUAL RIGHTS for all, (gay or straight) is an ancient bad idea that OLD people like you presume to be true. The Declaration of Independence says "All men are created equal". I see you don't like that. Not surprising. Judges with integrity, Republican or Democrat, rule ONLY on the law. Their politics are irrelevant. Clearly you expect their politics and personal biases to sway their decisions. THAT is fucked up. You really know next to nothing about the law, I see.

2. At least Obama's executive actions, (as opposed to Trump's travel ban, which he now lies about being a "travel ban"), were not immediately judged unconstitutional. So I guess that puts the lie to your "scope" bullshit. At least Obama did not clog up every airport in the nation for a weekend with one of his orders. What is "too many times" ? LOL What's the number ? Oh. I know. ANY that you just don't like.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-06-2017, 12:04 PM
(09-06-2017 10:27 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump ... being hated for beating Hillary when everyone was so sure he'd lose.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my hatred for Trump has nothing to do with his having beaten Hillary Clinton (for what it's worth, I didn't think much of her either). I hated him just as much before the election as I do now.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
09-06-2017, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 12:28 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(09-06-2017 10:37 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 10:27 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We all know Trump isn't presidential material. He's in way over his head.

I'm glad, and relieved, LDH, that you've finally realized what many of us here have been saying all along.

"This isn't about Trump".

Vs.

"We all know Trump isn't presidential material."

Wait, what? Then why the fuck are you constantly defending Trump, LDH? If Trump isn't presidential material and everyone knows he's an incompetent dumbass, why wouldn't it be about Trump?

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
09-06-2017, 12:34 PM
(09-06-2017 11:50 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  1. There are liberal judges and conservative judges. This is a fact. There are things that most judges will agree on, but we all know what separates them. Gun rights, gay rights, religion, criminal penalties etc.

What does any of that have to do with there being a madman in the white house, and that the Russians put him there?

And - this is a Comey thread. All about Comey and the testimonies to follow. I would appreciate if you started a thread about bi-partisanship if that is what you want to talk about.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man