Dark Helmet's bipartisan thread [split] Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: Comey fired
(09-06-2017 10:27 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Forgive me if I don't trust polls. You don't get it. I don't care if it's Trump. Or if he's forced to quit and Pence gets the job. I don't care if Trump never won the nomination, and one of the other republicans got it. To me, this was always about the supreme court vacancy and the 120 open federal court spots. As well as the ACA and a few issues with immigration. Any Republican is fine with me. As long as it wasn't a democrat filling those court vacancies.

We all know Trump isn't presidential material. He's in way over his head. I'd prefer is he resigned and Pence got in there because the only thing the left could attack him with is his politics.

Trump isn't doing very many things different than any other Republican, policy-wise. But he carries the baggage of being poorly spoken, a narcissist, maybe seeing the begginings of going senile due to age, and being hated for beating Hillary when everyone was so sure he'd lose.

But we're all stuck with him. Maybe for 8 years. This game the media is playing attacking him over and over, reporting things that are most likely fake just to make him look bad, is going to haunt them come the next election. The never ending crying wolf is going to get him reelected.

GTFO with reporting things that are "mostly fake"; they reporting shit that asshat himself is FUCKING TWEETING.

And let me get this straight, reporting and criticizing him for his behavior is going to "come back to haunt" the Dems, but having Trump isn't going to haunt the Republicans for years to come. What fantasy world are you living in?

Also, yeah it's all about Trump for you; if it wasn't you wouldn't try so damn hard to defend him. You're the same as every one of the Republicans I run across who act like they don't like him but their panties turn in knot when something bad is said about him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2017, 12:44 PM
(09-06-2017 12:20 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 10:37 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I'm glad, and relieved, LDH, that you've finally realized what many of us here have been saying all along.

"This isn't about Trump".

Vs.

"We all know Trump isn't presidential material."

Wait, what? Then why the fuck are you constantly defending Trump, LDH? If Trump isn't presidential material and everyone knows he's an incompetent dumbass, why wouldn't it be about Trump?

Because it doesn't matter who the Republican is. Heard the same bashing when Bush was president. And I heard it from conservatives (including myself) about Obama. You all would still be in an uproar if Ted Cruz was president. Do you honestly think he'd be doing anything differently? The GOP platform is still the same. The agenda will not change much no matter if its Trump or Cruz or Rubio.

If Trump didn't work secretly with the Russians, he's the same as any republican. He will appoint the same type of justice to the supreme court, same environmental rules, military actions etc etc etc. Granted, he's not as well spoken or polished as a Ted Cruz, he doesn't have a filter or the experience, which is why I say he isn't presidential material. But he is implementing pretty much the same Republican agenda that any GOP president would. You all would hate ANY Republican president. Just as I would loathe Obama or Hillary or Bernie or whomever.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
09-06-2017, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 01:02 PM by Bucky Ball.)
He's not "implementing" anything.
He's so caught up in his own legal troubles, nothing is getting done because the idiot Republicans allowed a non-conservative to hijack their party, and they really don't know what to do with him.
But not to fear, they do have Pence. "First and foremost I am a Christian". Facepalm
There are Republican leaders (Michael Bloomberg) who actually know what they are doing. Too bad the Tea Party has the Repubs by the balls, and won't let go.

Trump put out a fucking one page budget.
They voted to undo the regulations yesterday which resulted from the Wall Street fiasco under Bush, and he led the country into the Great Recession, (which Obama pulled the country out from).

LDH wears pink glasses.
If they label themselves with a Republican label, he bows beneath them.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-06-2017, 01:02 PM
(09-06-2017 12:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's not "implementing" anything.
He's so caught up in his own legal troubles, nothing is getting done because the idiot Republicans allowed a non-conservative to hijack their party, and they really don't know what to do with him.
But not to fear, they do have Pence. "First and foremost I am a Christian". Facepalm

He put out a fucking one page budget.

They voted to undo the regulations yesterday which resulted from the Wall Street fiasco under Bush, and he led the country into the Great Recession, (which Obama pulled the country out from).

LDH wears pink glasses.

Nothing is getting done?

No. Many things are getting done.

They're just things you don't like. Paris Climate. EPA regs. Travel ban. There's many more.

09-06-2017, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 01:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-06-2017 01:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No. Many things are getting done. .... Travel ban. There's many more.

Yeah, that travel ban thing is getting done all right. Sailing right through the courts without objection. Talk about executive order overreach. You bitch about Obama's overreach while turning a blind eye to this? You're as big a hypocrite as your typical Christian.

(09-06-2017 01:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  There's many more.

You mentioned 3. 2 of which are geared to "environment be damned, show me the money" neither of which history will judge as anything other than shortsighted and misinformed if not downright idiotic, and one of which is clearly not gonna happen now that Trump has made his intent clear via Twitter. What else? Please enumerate. Health care? Tax reform? Border wall? Coal-mining jobs? Flint has clean water supply? Balanced budget? Any budget? What "more" are you talking about?

Maybe you're talking about the 7-point kid who don't even shave yet and doesn't even live in the district has over the "I don't believe in a liveable minimum wage." asshole lady in Tom Price's district in Georgia? 'Cause that's getting done.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-06-2017, 01:28 PM
(09-06-2017 01:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 12:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's not "implementing" anything.

He put out a fucking one page budget.

LDH wears pink glasses.

Nothing is getting done?

No. Many things are getting done.

They're just things you don't like. Paris Climate. EPA regs. Travel ban. There's many more.

Travel ban is on hold per the courts. EPA regs are RECINDED (not "done") by a LAWYER who knows nothing about science, (as you don't). Paris Climate is a joke. The mayors and governors of the biggest states and cities of the country have stated they fully plan to push forward and meet all the requirements of Paris. Yeah, you're just as delusional as before. Nothing important is getting done. No ACA repeal. No tax plan, no real budget. If anything is done, it's all temporary. The world is never going back to the 1950's which is what you want. Do hang on to your "scraps" of nothing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2017, 01:31 PM
(09-06-2017 01:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 01:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No. Many things are getting done. .... Travel ban. There's many more.

Yeah, that travel ban thing is getting done all right. Sailing right through the courts without objection. Talk about executive order overreach. You bitch about Obama's overreach while turning a blind eye to this?

(09-06-2017 01:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  There's many more.

You mentioned 3. One of which is clearly not gonna happen now that Trump has made his intent clear via Twitter. What else? Please enumerate. Health care? Tax reform? What?

If it was a Muslim ban, why were only 6 countries banned? What about the other 40+ Muslim majority countries not on the banned list? The supreme court will reinstate the ban for this reason. It targeted countries known for terror. Peaceful Muslim nations didn't get added to the list.

09-06-2017, 01:37 PM
(09-06-2017 01:31 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 01:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, that travel ban thing is getting done all right. Sailing right through the courts without objection. Talk about executive order overreach. You bitch about Obama's overreach while turning a blind eye to this?

You mentioned 3. One of which is clearly not gonna happen now that Trump has made his intent clear via Twitter. What else? Please enumerate. Health care? Tax reform? What?

If it was a Muslim ban, why were only 6 countries banned? What about the other 40+ Muslim majority countries not on the banned list? The supreme court will reinstate the ban for this reason. It targeted countries known for terror. Peaceful Muslim nations didn't get added to the list.

Yet somehow Saudi Arabia didn't make the list. There's a bit more to it than "known for terror".
09-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Dec. 7th

09-06-2017, 01:39 PM
(09-06-2017 01:31 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If it was a Muslim ban, why were only 6 countries banned? What about the other 40+ Muslim majority countries not on the banned list? The supreme court will reinstate the ban for this reason. It targeted countries known for terror. Peaceful Muslim nations didn't get added to the list.

One does not have to ban ALL Muslims to make it a Muslim ban. Doh
The Supreme Court will never allow it, as TRUMP himself was stupid enough to call it one HIMSELF. He is his OWN worst enemy.

The real question is, when will real Republicans wise-up, and distance themselves from this lunatic who will bring the GOP down ?