Dark Helmet's bipartisan thread [split] Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2017, 01:41 PM
RE: Comey fired
(09-06-2017 01:31 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 01:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, that travel ban thing is getting done all right. Sailing right through the courts without objection. Talk about executive order overreach. You bitch about Obama's overreach while turning a blind eye to this?

You mentioned 3. One of which is clearly not gonna happen now that Trump has made his intent clear via Twitter. What else? Please enumerate. Health care? Tax reform? What?

If it was a Muslim ban, why were only 6 countries banned? What about the other 40+ Muslim majority countries not on the banned list? The supreme court will reinstate the ban for this reason. It targeted countries known for terror. Peaceful Muslim nations didn't get added to the list.

Not gonna happen. Might've happened if ItsYourTurnToGoLookForGrampa could keep his twitter mouth shut. But he couldn't. Since it all boils down to a matter of the court deciding intent, moron's tweets and other public comments are fair game for consideration. Travel ban ain't gonna happen. Further diminishing your point is all of the countries known for terror which are not on the list, not the least of which is the country who exported the 9/11 terrorists to our soil.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-06-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Comey fired
(09-06-2017 01:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  One does not have to ban ALL Muslims to make it a Muslim ban. Doh
The Supreme Court will never allow it, as TRUMP himself was stupid enough to call it one HIMSELF. He is his OWN worst enemy.

The real question is, when will real Republicans wise-up, and distance themselves from this lunatic who will bring the GOP down ?
One would think, if Republicans really want that agenda, those proposed policies implemented, that they too would be calling for the ousting of Trump.
If Pence were in command or any other Republican for that matter, much of the distractions and controversy would disappear and hence the Republican party would get vastly more done.

Rather than stoically defending Trump, those republican supporters ought to be calling for him to be impeached. If that happens, Repubs will still be in control, but they will be better lead and have someone that is not such a fool and pathological lair and so hated by even USA's top allies.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
09-06-2017, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 10:00 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
RE: Dark Helmet's bipartisan thread [split] Comey fired
(09-06-2017 12:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You all would hate ANY Republican president.

Because they're all incompetent dumbasses. Besides, I didn't vote for or support Obama. For vastly different reasons than you, however.

09-06-2017, 10:00 PM
(09-06-2017 12:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You all would hate ANY Republican president. Just as I would loathe Obama or Hillary or Bernie or whomever.

You mistakenly assume that I am as small-minded and petty as you. I'm not. I'd vote for Kasich.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-06-2017, 05:34 AM
(09-06-2017 12:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Granted, he's not as well spoken or polished as a Ted Cruz, he doesn't have a filter or the experience, which is why I say he isn't presidential material.

LOL... "not as well spoken"? Trump can barely construct a cohesive sentence of more than 5 or 6 words, and a single word with more than two syllables seems beyond his comprehension (which is why he Tweets so much—it covers his lack of grammatical skills, such as they are!). I'm glad to see you finally concur that Trump's "not presidential material"—a fact we've been telling you for the past six months.

Quote:But he is implementing pretty much the same Republican agenda that any GOP president would.

And you know this how? From what I've seen thus far, it's demonstrably untrue.

Quote:You all would hate ANY Republican president. Just as I would loathe Obama or Hillary or Bernie or whomever.

Some of the most popular recent presidents were Democrats: Franklin D. Roosevelt; Harry S. Truman; John F. Kennedy; Barack Obama. And then we have the least popular Republican presidents: Warren G. Harding; Richard M. Nixon; Gerald Ford; George W. Bush; and... Donald Trump!

At this stage, it's looking as though the Trump farrago will outstrip Watergate, and Trump will be remembered in history as the worst (pseudo) president in more than 200 years. Maybe Americans should be putting their "trust in God" as Trump sure ain't gonna give 'em the goods LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-06-2017, 05:59 AM
Let's just examine the players in this little game:

Comey - a Republican - served under both Republican and Democrat Presidents. Admired by both sides, he's served with distinction and strength of character.

Trump is a known liar. He said Obama was born in Kenya, said that Obama tapped his phones, said that Hillary was suffering from Parkinsons, said his inauguration was the best attended ever, etc etc. Politifact's "scorecard" makes it abundantly clear: close to 70% of what Trump says are either partial lies, complete lies or "pants on fire" lies.

Any judge, of any stripe, in any jurisdiction, would discount Trump's testimony immediately because of his pattern of lying.

As you said, LDH, he's not presidential material; he's just not intellectually or morally up to the task.

He should do the right thing and resign immediately. But he won't, because doing the right thing isn't his style.

*edit to add*

His disapproval numbers just keep climbing. As of June 8, his job performance disapproval was at 58%. Source: http://www.gallup.com/poll/201617/gallup...roval.aspx
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
10-06-2017, 06:37 AM
(09-06-2017 09:54 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 12:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You all would hate ANY Republican president.

Because they're all incompetent dumbasses.

Mercy, how could such a prejudicially biased comment go unchallenged around here? LOL!

You have to be odd to be #1.
10-06-2017, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 06:53 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
(10-06-2017 06:37 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 09:54 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Because they're all incompetent dumbasses.

Mercy, how could such a prejudicially biased comment go unchallenged around here? LOL!

They all want separation of church and state to be violated. I would call that massively incompetent from the start. Plus they all deny climate change which is the single greatest issue facing humanity currently. Among many other things.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
10-06-2017, 06:50 AM
(10-06-2017 06:37 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 09:54 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Because they're all incompetent dumbasses.

Prejudiced? Yes.

Biased? Yes.

Accurate? Pretty much.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
10-06-2017, 11:38 AM
(10-06-2017 06:49 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:37 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Mercy, how could such a prejudicially biased comment go unchallenged around here? LOL!

They all want separation of church and state to be violated. I would call that massively incompetent from the start. Plus they all deny climate change which is the single greatest issue facing humanity currently. Among many other things.

The prejudice is overwhelming.
Even Old Man Marsh finds the purity of your prejudice flawed.
You just can't say "all" unless you are Yoda.

You have to be odd to be #1.